Gaming [Leak] CoD: Black Ops 4 on Switch

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is it the dev's fault? Nintendo is the one that decided the format. Blu-rays cost next to nothing. If I were Nintendo and I was serious about third party support I would eat the cost.

Oh yeah that would've totally been practical for the Switch's form-factor. Oh wait. Portable device, optical BD-ROM, what could possibly go wrong??

Reactions: CeeDee

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as motion controls are as splatoon, I don't care about graphs.
I would guess it would be both stick and motion controlled. Using the stick to look around and motion for precise aiming. A big problem with the ports on the wii was that turning your view left and right was too slow. Honestly, this would make cod a lot more competitive on consoles if they remove aim assist because of motion assist.

Last edited by GoldenBullet,
Reactions: Xabring

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch just wouldn't work with disks.
I understand that. Discs would not work because of the portable aspect. That was Nintendo's design choice. Reggie mentioned that they want all the games. If they truly mean that, I believe they should come up with a solution themselves. Maybe Switches should've come with more on board memory.

Sidenote, sort of related:
I think it would be really cool if the Switch was compatible with M2 SSD's. They're very small and they go up to 2tb, but they're pretty expensive.

A Blu-Ray drive is larger than Switch itself lol.
I know, but they're competing with devices that use them. I'm saying it's up to them to solve it.
Z1ocxoI.jpg

Last edited by invaderyoyo,
D

Deleted User

Normally I'd be one to say "well its better on the PS4/XBONE so fuck it". This time I think that if the game can run at 30fps and has fun single player and local-multiplayer modes then I'm fine with it. Multiplayer games are better on the Switch because the portability aspect which I'd usually disregard as a "gimmick" becomes a big advantage.

Rodrigo Mafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I’ve read that the highest cart maxes out at 32 gigabytes. About 20 gigs short from the average AAA game (50). It is true that developers chooses to use carts with less capacity to save costs and keep the price at 60.
I noticed that after i posted the topic. However, Marcus probably has an inside source but chooses not to reveal for security reasons. I would edit the title if i could.
The only problem with CoD on switch is the quality that it will have. Black ops 3 on the Xbox 360 and ps3 were very bad ports that looked worse than their predecessors. The switch is less powerful than both the ps4 ad xbone so we can only wonder how well it will look.
The NDS is less powerful than the PS2, even so got it's version of many good games (Graphically horrible, I know).
Look what Bethesda did with Doom on Switch, I'll be happy if the incoming ports follow this level of quality.
Now my prediction, in the next year's the thirds will know better the hardware from switch and make ports with even more quality that Doom.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would guess it would be both stick and motion controlled. Using the stick to look around and motion for precise aiming. A big problem with the ports on the wii was that turning your view left and right was too slow. Honestly, this would make cod a lot more competitive on consoles if they remove aim assist because of motion assist.

Most of the Wii COD games had proper options to fix that issue. I'm happy about motion aiming!

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it wouldnt take a rocket scientist to sus this one out.

COD MW
COD W@W
COD MW2
COD BO
COD MW3
COD BO 2
CODGHOST
COD AW
COD BO3
COD IW
COD WW2

So its simples

COD xxx warfare
COD Black Ops

Could even be Ghosts 2, but we can see its COD game followed by COD BO, then next game then back to BO..... which is why they're getting rather stale now.

question is how poor will it look, will it be as bad as DOOM was.

Last edited by ,

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
probably wont happen but portable COD will bring A LOT of people to the table, especially if the online system is decent.

it makes sense for them to go all out on this as apart from doom, not much on FPS portable market is going down. One solid release then COD can capitalise on their yearly cash grab on the portable market too.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cod should be on the switch. Im not a fan of the games but still, it would sell. a console quality cod on the go will sell. as for the cart, they should use a 32 gb one and decompress (install) the game from the game cart to the sd card. Ever heard of 7zip or winrar devs? its a wonderful thing. Is there anything against installing a game to storage like ps4 and xbox one? I doubt the game will be 50 gigs. will it be larger then xenoblade 2? na, prob A 5 hr campaign and 20 online maps. how many COD maps can you fit in a xenoblade chronicles x map? over 100?. that game fit fine on a 23.5 gb disc...

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure that activision will come back to nintendo after seeing the switch seelling. Then it will be the same as the wii era; nintendo receives the latest cod, but no people from the other consoles will be converted since not all lile gimmicks and they prefer to play on the more powerful hardware.

It is easy as that. The wii was fun with its motion controls, but no one or almost no one who liked cod from the ps3/360 switched to the wii, what makes you think ps4/one people will go for the switch version? portability? nah, as i said, they dont like gimmicks.

Last edited by DeslotlCL,

Syon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are you going to read chicken guts too? This scene is more and more pathetic with each day.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure that activision will come back to nintendo after seeing the switch seelling. Then it will be the same as the wii era; nintendo receives the latest cod, but no people from the other consoles will be converted since not all lile gimmicks and they prefer to play on the more powerful hardware.

It is easy as that. The wii was fun with its motion controls, but no one or almost no one who liked cod from the ps3/360 switched to the wii, what makes you think ps4/one people will go for the switch version? portability? nah, as i said, they dont like gimmicks.
this is something for the fans tho.

for some reason they all seem to be thinking that because the switch is selling well that all these third parties are going to support with its AAA titles.

guess what, as said, the Wii was selling brilliantly, but the fans cant seem to see the reasons behind it lacking the AAA titles that are only now getting ported.

HARDWARE!

yes, the switch could in theory get a COD game, but the question is, are Activision going to pay a separate team to create a version for the switch because we all know the same team that create the PC/PS4/XBX1 version will simply port across the three, but same version will not port to the switch without additional work.

then the question is, the additional cost, is it worth it when majority will rather play COD on a big screen, chances are (as the #PCMASTERRACE will say) they would rather play the superior version on PC than console, those that aren't PC gamers will rather play the superior console version.... and likely switch version will cost more.

The switch is selling well because of its gimmicks, lets all come back in a years time and see (as has been before) the hype fades, devs release basic shovelware and it will be littered with mario "insert activity" and the same old nintendo titles.

we all know this is going to happen, i just wonder what other gimmick nintendo will come up with when theyll be first again to release its new system once sony and ms release theirs.

Reactions: PrincessLillie
D

Deleted User

Don't care about the CoD story line. Don't care about CoD MP. What I want is a CoD Zombies collection. All maps, new map, full Zombies campaign. Now THAT'S what I'd pay for.

But if BLOPS 4 had Kino as a zombie map, I admit, I'd be all over that shit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1