Homebrew RELEASE Lakka.tv - turn your Switch into a RetroArch powered retrogaming console - includes PSX, N64 and PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Question, what’s the point of running this when you can use retroNX?
Think of it like a fork in the road upon boot. One way leads to homebrew for things like RetroNX which has Nintendo's Horizon OS running, which they can use for detecting if unofficial software is used. The other way leads to Lakka, which has no affiliation with Horizon as it is never loaded, therefore, Nintendo can't detect any unofficial software running.

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think of it like a fork in the road upon boot. One way leads to homebrew for things like RetroNX which has Nintendo's Horizon OS running, which they can use for detecting if unofficial software is used. The other way leads to Lakka, which has no affiliation with Horizon as it is never loaded, therefore, Nintendo can't detect any unofficial software running.
Oh okay cool

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
whoa i havent been paying enough attention to this scene then, has it really been proven that nintendo can't detect lakka at all? I mean yes it makes sense because we wont even boot horizon at all, but are there no logs that *might* tip off nintendo that we're using hax?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
whoa i havent been paying enough attention to this scene then, has it really been proven that nintendo can't detect lakka at all? I mean yes it makes sense because we wont even boot horizon at all, but are there no logs that *might* tip off nintendo that we're using hax?
Lakka doesn't change anything on the NAND, so there is nothing Horizon can identify that could look out of place. Unless Nintendo goes snooping around on your microSD card (which I think would be a violation of privacy), there's no way Nintendo nor their Horizon OS can identify that Lakka was ever used.

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
Lakka doesn't change anything on the NAND, so there is nothing Horizon can identify that could look out of place. Unless Nintendo goes snooping around on your microSD card (which I think would be a violation of privacy), there's no way Nintendo nor their Horizon OS can identify that Lakka was ever used.
That makes sense, thanks! Imma finally give this a try. Though i assume the recent advancement of OpenGL wouldn't affect Lakka's development since that was more for Horizon OS?

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That makes sense, thanks! Imma finally give this a try. Though i assume the recent advancement of OpenGL wouldn't affect Lakka's development since that was more for Horizon OS?

Yeah, Lakka already has OpenGL. It's the main reason to use it right now IMO.

Holypsx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi there.
Its possible anytime develop lakka to install via nsp? I like a lot the emulators from lakka, and believe lakka will support much.more.
But for.noe.iam afraid about screen issue and other things link with Linux and lakka.
Please dismistify me this things
Regards

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Hi there.
Its possible anytime develop lakka to install via nsp? I like a lot the emulators from lakka, and believe lakka will support much.more.
But for.noe.iam afraid about screen issue and other things link with Linux and lakka.
Please dismistify me this things
Regards
No. Lakka is Linux. It's not as simple as installing an NSP.

Reactions: Deleted User

Holypsx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@Memoir ya you're correct. The thing is for now Linux has a lot of critical issues. I mean that what a read in many forusn. The idea is to port or to try to port this brilliant emulators to a native form into the console or dual boot for example.xP dreaming

Holypsx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I hope for great times with this console
We have now a lot of great devs with a great talent. Just give us more time xP I can't imagine a console with xmb like with all the emulator up to ps2 or ps3 and support for external hard drive via dock xP regards for all

mrsupertom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope for great times with this console
We have now a lot of great devs with a great talent. Just give us more time xP I can't imagine a console with xmb like with all the emulator up to ps2 or ps3 and support for external hard drive via dock xP regards for all

PS2 or PS3 are unfortunately very VERY optimistic, if not impossible for the Switch hardware I would say. PS1/N64, maybe even Wii/Gamecube are probably the upper limits of what could be achieved here, but that's still good going for a PORTABLE console! Very excited about playing these systems seamlessly on the go, via Lakka or else :)

Reactions: Holypsx

Shrike

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I need you help here .. Is it possible to use the USB-C port to connect a keyboard and use it in Lakka ?
(Would be great if possible .. because I'm messing with DOSBox / PC98 games right now .. and some want me to press specific keyboard keys ..)

(PS: Please don't flame me again <3)

(PPS: No for real.. I come in peace..)

(PPPS: Thank you in advance ^^)

EDIT:
Doesn’t work:
USB Host

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .. Shit!

Last edited by Shrike,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...