Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I like how
This is not copyright protection ...this is fuc** expression banning ..wtf? ...denying the use of words? This trademarks shit is taming society and slowing down or evolution...
Nice reading skills.
1). This is a trademark, trademarks =/=copyright. Read above post on that.
2). This is for video games and clothing only, so there's no "denying the use of words".

3). (and this goes for everyone more than you), there's no way King will be able to enforce this trademark and it will be revoked at some point in the future anyways. Like, the legal fees alone for trying to force the hundreds of games to change their name would be horrendously huge, and King will in no way be able to pay for it. So QQ, wait like a month, and watch as this goes down in flames.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Copy Right laws need to be abolished! Humanity survived thousands of years without them and will be fine if we let go of them now.
Not entirely. If you create something and someone blantantly copies it you'd want there to be a way to do something about it. This is just plain stupid though.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I like how
Nice reading skills.
1). This is a trademark, trademarks =/=copyright. Read above post on that.
2). This is for video games and clothing only, so there's no "denying the use of words".

3). (and this goes for everyone more than you), there's no way King will be able to enforce this trademark and it will be revoked at some point in the future anyways. Like, the legal fees alone for trying to force the hundreds of games to change their name would be horrendously huge, and King will in no way be able to pay for it. So QQ, wait like a month, and watch as this goes down in flames.

1). This is a trademark, trademarks =/=copyright.=> Let me help you with your reading skills. Read again my sentence and you'll see that I never said that this trademark = copyright.. ..I was trying to say that they tried to protect their content by doing a retarded word registering for product identification ( in other words, having a powerful trademark to protect their copyrights) ..read again, and maybe you'll get it.

2). This is for video games and clothing only, so there's no "denying the use of words"=> Yeah, I was obviously referring to this scope, not the entire universe ( I thought that was implied..), so there kinda is "denying the use of words" here.

3) (...)=> I know how impracticable the enforcement of this would be ...my point is that it's plain ridiculous for people to allow this trademarking in the first place.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kcdisney.jpeg

First thought that came to my head...

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I had thought there were some words that couldn't be trademarked. Common words that described everyday objects. Like Pizza, Coffee, Dirt, Grass, etc.

Candy is the same. It's indeed retarded that this was even approved. But I can bet it won't stand up in court. Someone just needs the courage (and money I suppose) to stand up and defend themselves when King tries to enforce the trademark.

Kcdisney.jpeg

First thought that came to my head...

LOL. That's the same exact thing that popped into my mind when I read the thread title. :P

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not entirely. If you create something and someone blantantly copies it you'd want there to be a way to do something about it. This is just plain stupid though.

Yes, and this also prevents the small man from making certain basic tools to sale and help put food on the table for his family.
Also it keeps certain patents from going public. Corporate People aka Corporate Entities have the ability to buy up certain pattens then throw them in the proverbial vault, never to see the light of day. The big three automobile makers are well known for this amongst others.
This is also why "life" is now legal to patten under certain circumstances, it helps to break into and control the market against "natural and free" alternatives, as well as create frankenstien plants that do not produce seeds, thus forcing farmers under the control of the seed supplier. There is a big picture to all this that transcends the likes of a few video game companies or MTV radio stars.

Oh yes, and now that information can be copyrighted and owned, history can be buried by the news, universities, and so on.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
/insert obligatory ProfessorFarnsworth.jpg here

Yeah, I saw this last night. I think I should give Stephen King a call about a certain two letter patent he should file...

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Could they go after Twilight due to it being called a "Saga"? It's already in the same business area (entertainment) and they probably have some kind of game in development (or released?).

As for trademarks (and copyrighted material), this is no surprise. It is common knowledge that the US Patent Office actually granted a ton of patents during the dotcom bubble which were basically old patents with a subtle "on the internet/online" added to the end of each sentence.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc