Homebrew Can someone reupload "Fatal relations" Ds port?

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ad blocker blocker blockers need to step up their game. Ads are vectors for malware. Disabling Javascript worked though.

dub_the_old

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the links
It would be nice if someone would port other old english visual novels (by Just USA) to DS consoles: Season of the Sakura, Three Sisters' Story, Maid Story, Runaway City, Paradise Heighs, Immoral Study series to name a few...;)
Hmm I know I have a tool somewhere to extract data from some of these games. I will research and make a script engine. And make it compatible for other consoles.

dub_the_old

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A very early test for sakura engine. I've made an script engine. Don't have yet add every function.

3sis_c.png

dub_the_old

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@dub_the_old , With which titles would this engine of yours be compatible? I suppose with the old visual novels for ms-dos, or am I wrong? Maybe even with those for Win95 (True Love, Nocturnal Illusion, Love Potion, Gloria etc.)? :)
There are games made with the sakura engine. I should code some scripts for compatibility. I don't have the whole list in mind but there must be Runaway City and other PC98 games, but I don't know yet for the traduction. I'll test them after.

For the win95 game, if I can have the script and data, I'll make a version too. As with PC98 games, an emulator would be too slow. There are a lot of cool games.

For the first version, I wish to make a light open engine to let you make you own VN or port from another system. That's why I want to use external files. The script / images can be yet read from SD directory. I just have a bug with the palette when I read external files. All the data are well loaded. It's weird and random. I'll maybe made a first version with internal files and debug after.
I wish external files for 2 reasons :
- copyright (to add own files)
- create open engine.

I need to finish the script engine with some missing commands.
I haven't coded the transitions between the scenes and I'm not sure I add them and I need to look for the music too.

Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@dub_the_old , It doesn't have much to do with the topic, but have you ever thought of porting Neko Project 2 (pc-98 emulator) to the DSi? I think the console is powerful enough and has enough RAM to run its visual novels, or maybe I'm wrong? The source code for this emulator is available, and it has already been ported to numerous home and handheld consoles.

Anyway, I'm following your project with passion and interest, and I'm looking forward to its completion: if you need a beta tester, on DSi (SD-slot) or DS Lite (r4), I'll be glad to help. ;)
Hopefully other users will also appreciate your initiative and generous efforts.
Good luck. :)

dub_the_old

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Nikokaro Thanks for the support.

For the emulator, I think that the DS is too slow. And it's a lot of works too. ;-p
I'll search on which console/computer the emul work ... or maybe the PC88 for beginning.
And I wish to have a clean open engine too.

When i'll have beta file, i'll send them to you. Thanks.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll search on which console/computer the emul work...
I don't know about it from a technical point of view, but there is a version (arm9) for Android of Neko Project 2; isn't it the same processor as the (most powerful) one of DSi? Starting with this version, wouldn't it be easier to do this porting on DSi? Just a guess...😅

dub_the_old

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Nikokaro The android arm 9 is more powerful than a DSI or PSP, but you're right the DSi is more powerful for this kind of emulator but not as the PSP.
And I think the android version has the same source code than the PC or libretro one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn