OP
Trophies
Website
intheseaofclouds.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Masterpaul said:
Got a lot of school work lately, ill do some graphics in the weekends.

Ok I already thought something like that ^^

Does someone knows how to resize a map in mappy on the top of the map ?? because when I try to resize it, it'll become bigger on the bottom and not on the top -_-

NamoNakamura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why make the game strictly tile-based? Personally, I'd go for the "Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland" route.
kirby.png

various23_080125f-l.jpg

Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland is a remake of Kirby's Adventure, but instead of being remade tile-for-tile, the environments were redrawn in an artistic natural style.

Don't get me wrong though - I'm really excited for what you guys make. The tiles you've made looks fantastic.

Masterpaul

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Gonna admit cant sprite kid icarus: Dont know how sprites work exactly in order to do that.

Bit I looked a bit on the Internet and I found these:

24ozfc5.png

Pit_sprite___Smash_Bros__style_by_r.png

Of course they all need to be recoloured before using

pit.gif

Pit.jpg

132.jpg

KidIcarus20-10.png

kid_icarus_monsters2.jpg

If you like any of the above tell me, and Ill recolour them. I really like the brawl ones, but I think the'll need to be resized and I dont know hows that gonna come out, but Im willing to do some experiments. (Unless we change the layouts of the levels a bit, to accommodate larger sprites). Then well have to inform the original creators, which shouldn't be a problem, perhaps there gonna be willing to help us
tongue.gif
?

Team Icarus sounds nice
tongue.gif

KuRensan

aka Pearbook
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
@NamoNakamura: Yeah but they are professional Game artist ^^ and Developer, We need to keep us on a amount of colors like in the tiles we are only allowed to use 256 color palette ect. so we are for the most working with nice new features ect.

@Masterpaul: Yeah they look nice but I rather don't "steal" and they're way to big ^^ 16 wide and 32 high
but if you can resize it nice, I'm ok with that

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I just realized...In the mockup of the first level, it's outdoors. The first level is supposed to be the underworld IIRC, therefore it shouldn't have clouds and a blue sky. Lol.

Looks nice though. It would definitely be awesome if this gets finished!
yay.gif

relminator

#AnyaBasic
Trophies
Website
rel.phatcode.net
XP
Country
Cid2mizard said:
Excellent Engine relminator !
I'm looking forward to the first playable version...

Thanks buddy! Nice to see you on this forum. ;*)

aminemaster: Cool. If you want to do art or maps. PM Rens. For coding help, PM me. :*)

Masterpaul: Yeah , you could probably just edit the first spriteset (even if it's 16x32). I'll just change the code here and there to make it work.

LibNds 1.5.0 has just been released so I was concentrating on making the 3d to 2d renderer compatible before doing some game specific programming.

http://devkitpro.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&am...mp;p=6177#p6177

So far the platforms can now go from left to right and vice versa. Pit can ride them while doing that. I'll put up an image later on how we should arrange the tiles. Doing this rigidly, we can do some things like:

1. Animated tiles
2. Healing waters
3. Lavas, etc.

Anyways, our tileset for each stage should never be more than 256 entries. I've done some calculations and I think we can fit all of the levels in the 4MB code+data limit if we limit our map data to ubytes instead of ushorts. Which means it would work on all cards since we would not be using any filesystem.

relminator

#AnyaBasic
Trophies
Website
rel.phatcode.net
XP
Country
Guys, I've decided that to make it easy for all of us, we should now use collision maps as Rens originally thought of.

Pros:

1. Spriters can put the tiles in the tileset whereever they want.
2. Code would be easier to manage on my part (sliding, ice, clouds, etc)

Cons:
1. Uses a little more RAM
2. Making the collision map in mappy is crap hard (import tileset, import collision map then import tileset again)

Here's the collision map along with another png with instructions:
collision_map.png

collision_map_instructions.png

Here's the zip:
http://jafile.com/uploads/relminator/collision_map.zip

KuRensan

aka Pearbook
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
aminemaster said:
i'm pmming rens for mapping
i know some script but i don't know anything about ds homebrew

ok mapper nice not really needed yet(If you don't know how Mappy works learn it a bit because I have problems with it too), but always helpful. I'm still learning new stuff about DS development myself (what is possible and what not) so I wil make a tutorial sooner or later but I'm in a sort of fantasy/inspiration block :S so I'm not really in the mood to be working on the game so that is the reason why you hear less about the project ^^" I also am in the exam year so I also have to do stuff for school.

D

Deleted User

kidicarussprite.png

lol. my failed attempt at a kid icarus sprite revamp. you can use it if it helps you
smile.gif

relminator

#AnyaBasic
Trophies
Website
rel.phatcode.net
XP
Country
No. Still have all the sources if you want. I hated the part that after I gave a lot of time coding the engine, everybody seems to have disappeared.

Lesson, making homebrews ain't as easy as it seems.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
relminator's in this team? i'm so~ rooting for you guys then.
happy.gif
his brews are slick, so there's absolutely no reason why this one shouldn't.

...i have an idea, just an idea, and you guys don't need to seriously consider it right now, but in the modern mode, why not include a free-for-all mode (AI or wifi, but i suppose wifi would be bloody messy to code/implement) where it's basically a multi-leveled (maybe even wraparound) arena stage where Palutena/Pit/whoever the main char is can beat others up in a point-system battle mode? scatter some power-ups on the stage, and let the fun begin.

think Balloon Fight/Smash Bros/Jump Ultimate Stars, except with a simpler, retro-look.

i just got the idea from Kid Icarus Uprisings impressive multiplayer feature. again, it's just an idea, something to put on a post-it and potentially consider when everything's done (classic and modern modes).

EDIT: talk about necro... i only realized this was an old topic... :/ i should just snip everything, lol

chose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, thank you for your offer, but that is too much work for a single person. And I only know how to code C++, so that means we should still need people to do all the other stuff, in which case they all did disseapear.

Might as well put it as open sources and hope that a bunch of people might carry the torches.

chose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I can at least poke at it, but of course don't take this as the project being picked up
tongue.gif

I'm just wondering whta libraries are being used and, well, gotta admit it's cool to see how things works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok