Purified (ALPHA Version) Original VITA Game - Balder

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
NOTE: This release is part of the fuhen homebrew contest.
Categorie: Original Game (self-made)
Original game created, from scratch or with an engine of e.g. GameMaker or Unity.

Author & Coder:
Balder

NFO:
Purified is a third person wave based shooter with the goal to run a smooth 60 on Vita hardware!
The official soundtrack is composed by my friend Brian Czernikowski!
This version is by no means the finished game, I still have quite a bit to do, but it is what can be considered a feature complete Alpha.
There'll be more levels, weapons and enemies as I continue to develop and release updates!

Download:
https://fuhen.homebrew-contest.com/submissions/54/

Installation:
Install through VitaShell like you would anything else.
NOTE:
This game is NOT PSTV compatible, it need 'Whitelister' for FIX, after that it works fine.

About the author :
When I was like 8 I decided that I was gonna be a game developer, and here we are, with 10 years of experience, making a game for my favorite handheld.

Donate:
https://paypal.me/BALDERDRAGONSLAYER

My Vote for categorie 'Original Game' : WON

1. Technical complexity ->
The toymaker had put a lot of work and time and love here ! Its easy to install. For PSTV it need Whitelister FIX.

2. Graphic/sound design ->
Great ideas for texture and design, remember me of Painkiller PC and Infected PSP, Punisher PS2. But this is still alpha status and not final. The level design has also 'secrets', the toymaker know what its good, I love this ! For a action shooter game its pretty good for first release.
The best of all it has a own music score and it can be found in the 'Codex' menu, some good tracks here.
Full working menu with many settings and tons of extras. The graphics has still some pixels here and there but the textures are great on my big 4k flat screen. The game is good enough to create complex level maps with finding keys to open doors, instead of wave only gameplay, maybe small corridors.

3. Gameplay ->
Very smooth

4. Optimization ->
Framerate is very good (testing 30minutes so far)

5. Subjective enjoyment ->
The best 'self-made' game I had ever see, from a hobby toymaker with lots of love. wow speakless

Last edited by peter8,

NanashiFinal13

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I recommend to all PS Vita players to try this. Beautiful graphics, fantastic music, great animations and atmosphere, the game has it all. It's amazing that this is a homebrew and not a commercial game. Warning: is a tough game. Its difficulty is high compared to most of 3rd person shooters and the bosses can obliterate you if they caught you off guard. It took me 5 tries to defeat him. But his execution scene was totally worth it. Sadly, till now, i couldn't find any of the stage "secrets".

Reactions: Malckyor and peter8

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
fuhen homebrew contest WINNER 1. Purified · $800,00

Judicial Vote: 23.80 / 25.00
Public Vote: 44 points
Total Score: 23.70 / 25.00

Congrats Balder ! Now take the money and create more levels. You have already everything there enemys and weapons etc. , only new maps are missing. Team up with WIDEGCG (Miller) from the Feline Future to bring great ideas for level designs. Make more out of it and dont give up. Its better than the most original Vita games.

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW!!! Just SICK!!!
runaway.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users