ROM Hack Keroro RPG Translation Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreatNeko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well glad to hear it's still alive then. I wish you guys luck.

@Valiarchon Hope things get better for you as well.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sword414 said:
pitman said:
Since this is a "Tales Of" like translation give it at least 2 years before its done.
This game is much shorter than innocence... and WAAAAAY shorter than hearts.

Ehh, in the long run that might not even matter too much.. It mainly depends on the motivation of the translators/hackers and how much help they have to translate it...

Sgt.Frog always looked amusing to me, I might try watching the anime or something.. xD

Sergiyakun

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! I am a writer/Enlgish Major. I can refer you to some sites and my blog, but I was wondering if I can help perhaps with editting the dialogue or ANYTHING! Message me, I am serious.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sergiyakun said:
EnlgishQUOTE(Sergiyakun @ Aug 25 2010, 10:03 AM) editting
emotraise.gif

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sergiyakun said:
Hey everyone! I am a writer/Enlgish Major. I can refer you to some sites and my blog, but I was wondering if I can help perhaps with editting the dialogue or ANYTHING! Message me, I am serious.

note the english major/writer part. if this person was who claims to be he would know how to spell correctly

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maverick_z said:
Sergiyakun said:

note the english major/writer part. if this person was who claims to be he would know how to spell correctly

Typos are completely normal.

Valiarchon

trentacles
OP
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
Darth you just made me lol irl. XD

Typos do occur of course, however we really don't need another editor, as we already have one from the keroro fanbase who also has an understanding of japanese.

Please note though, this project is currently 'frozen', as Stor and me have been working on something else for a while now.

Yes, Stor and me. >=[

I'd like to resume working on it, but as there isn't really a whole lot for me to currently do with it without someone extracting more text to work on, I've lacked motivation. I suppose I'll finish off what's remaining sometime in the next week just so it's done and out of the way.

...probably be a good idea for me to go through and revise everything I already translated anyway, since I was a bit rusty when I commenced this.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Maverick_z said:
Sergiyakun said:

...Yeah, but when you're making a point to say you're good at English, it might be a good idea to double check your post :/

[/random post]

Sergiyakun

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
DarthNemesis said:
Sergiyakun said:
EnlgishQUOTE(Sergiyakun @ Aug 25 2010, 10:03 AM) editting
emotraise.gif

Oh come on, it was only two typos.
closedeyes.gif

Maybe they type really fast?

Anyway, when I have free time, I'll help.

LMAO it is so true. I do have this horrible habit of typing as fast as possible then hitting enter. You guys are such jerks, sorry I won't write professionally on a video game forum. If we were sending emails back and forth I assure you I am not illiterate like most of America. It is people nit-picking at nuisances like this that make it discouraging to even be in a community. >_>

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sergiyakun said:
It is people nit-picking at nuisances like this that make it discouraging to even be in a community. >_>

If you're discouraged now, stick around a while longer; it only gets worse from here on out.
wink.gif

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sergiyakun said:
You guys are such jerks, sorry I won't write professionally on a video game forum.
Yeah, but you have to if you're saying you're an English Major...

QUOTE(Sergiyakun @ Aug 30 2010, 09:57 PM) If we were sending emails back and forth I assure you I am not illiterate like most of America.
Nobody is saying that...

Valiarchon

trentacles
OP
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
Sergiyakun said:
LMAO it is so true. I do have this horrible habit of typing as fast as possible then hitting enter. You guys are such jerks, sorry I won't write professionally on a video game forum. If we were sending emails back and forth I assure you I am not illiterate like most of America. It is people nit-picking at nuisances like this that make it discouraging to even be in a community. >_>

Something to consider - this is the internet, buddy. People (aka anonymous, whether they be labelled with screennames or not. Yes this includes myself) are, in general, cynical and largely sarcastic. This is something you just have to learn to either ignore, or not care. The reality of the matter is that any slightest mistake, whether it be minor or not, CAN and WILL be picked on. Especially if said mistake is the cause of irony, like with yourself, a supposed English major, having multiple errors in a single post. That said, I do believe you are quite capable of the level of linguistic ability to which you claim. I just don't see any particular use for it in this project, as my own ability is almost certainly of the same standard. If you were to inform me (us) that you are multilingual and could assist the actual translation, or are capable of extracting the entirety of the game's text, then I would be much obliged to welcome you with open arms. Until then, however, I will not be approving any new team members.

On a related note, you said "as fast as possible then hitting enter." I'm 100% certain that hitting enter in almost all forums will not cause the creation of a post. This happens more often than not from the click of a button, usually with the words "Add Reply." Perhaps you might consider reviewing your posts, at the very least after posting them. Just a tip.

Much love,
torrentius.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
suruz said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Maverick_z said:
Sergiyakun said:

...Yeah, but when you're making a point to say you're good at English, it might be a good idea to double check your post :/

[/random post]

quit being an ass he made two typos it happens to even the best of us no matter how good we are at english so lay so cut the typo crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too