Not open for further replies.

gigermunit

Trophies
Website
gigermunit.uni.cc
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting sick you people posting saying that a full translation should be made, that's of time, the game comes out in a few months, just wait, you don't know how hard and hectic it is to translate the menu's while having people constantly complain about how the dialogue is still Japanese when they were already informed the dialogue wouldn't be changed to English.

And the few people who say "I'm a translator so i know how things are but a English patch should be made" should just be shut away from the Thread, none of you who say that are translators, i doubt the person with 2 posts, 5 posts, 10 posts are translators, you just have the exact image of a little kid who thinks they will look cool if they say they are a translator.....

anyway the megaupload link still goes back to the 2.5c download and due to skipscreen on firefox, most people with it installed can't download from RS.

Norcris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stab244 said:
Is there any way to make the old .sav file work with the newly patch ROM? I originally did a ARM7 patch, but when I patched the clean ROM, it wouldn't be compatible with the old save file I had. Should I open the .sav in a hex editor and change it?

I was able to get my patched game to read my clean save by renaming it(the save). Start a new game in the patched version and save your game, then change the name of your old save to that of your new one and overwrite.

At least that worked for me.

NickAxel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
none of these patches work for my itouch2. they either just freeze up my game after every battle, changing of areas, or save. Some of them just delete my game altogether and when I try to save at the new game they force me into, it just freezes up.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Norcris said:
stab244 said:
Is there any way to make the old .sav file work with the newly patch ROM? I originally did a ARM7 patch, but when I patched the clean ROM, it wouldn't be compatible with the old save file I had. Should I open the .sav in a hex editor and change it?

I was able to get my patched game to read my clean save by renaming it(the save). Start a new game in the patched version and save your game, then change the name of your old save to that of your new one and overwrite.

At least that worked for me.
Worth a try I guess... Although my save isn't from the clean ROM.

EDIT: It would help if it would let me save...

Whooosh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
does anyone know a webpage which tells the english for poke SS startup???

Sorry but i dont know what im saying when i press the buttons and i dunno if it will effect the game.

or if any of ye could post all the startup in english. But i presume it would be a long post so Website??

EDIT: OMG WTF 11 douplicate posts (when i looked it didnt show then WHOOOSH 11 appeared-GBAtemp really slow cause of scribblenaughts and pokemon)

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jesus christ, not just a double or triple post, but 11 in a row!

And Whoosh, just look for a website for the Gameboy version, they're essentially the same aside from some new additions in SS and HG

kevind23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HIDRALISCO said:
kevind23 said:
Why? The game is coming out in spring in the US. Can't you wait for that?

No. It's +6 months 'till next srping and the release date wasn't even announced.

QUOTE said:
Translating all the dialogue is a lot of work and isn't just copy-paste.

Don't you think I know that? I actually do translation for living. Tough work yeah, but so rewarding in the end. Not to mention plenty of people offered help.

Diamond/Pearl and Platinum both followed the same release schedule. HG/SS will almost undoubtedly be released towards the end of April.
And there have been a lot of people in this thread asking for a full translation and Kazo has said no. So I am sorry for insulting you, at least you understand that it isn't a simple job.

Added:
QUOTE(Whooosh @ Sep 12 2009, 12:54 PM)
does anyone know a webpage which tells the english for poke SS startup???

Sorry but i dont know what im saying when i press the buttons and i dunno if it will effect the game.

or if any of ye could post all the startup in english. But i presume it would be a long post so Website??

Play the originals again. It is generally good to press "A" for yes. You shouldn't run into much trouble that way.

kevind23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, anyone know of the music for this game being ripped yet? I ripped out the midi files and converted them to mp3, but they sound like crap since I don't have the original instruments.

PM for the midi archive (~500KB; the mp3 archive is 224MB).

HIDRALISCO

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
gigermunit said:
I'm getting sick you people posting saying that a full translation should be made, that's of time, the game comes out in a few months, just wait, you don't know how hard and hectic it is to translate the menu's while having people constantly complain about how the dialogue is still Japanese when they were already informed the dialogue wouldn't be changed to English

Bro chill out. Nobody's demanding anything around here. All I (and other people) did was to ask politely. I'm well aware there's some other guy doing a full translation, yet from what I've seen, Kazo's translation seems to be a lot better. I can work with any of those, and as far as I can tell, the game is perfectly finishable with a simple menu translation (I'm actually halfway), but heck I know a good job when I see it, and in this situation I consider it more of a compliment than a demand to ask for a full translation.

QUOTE(gigermunit @ Sep 12 2009, 05:38 PM) And the few people who say "I'm a translator so i know how things are but a English patch should be made" should just be shut away from the Thread, none of you who say that are translators, i doubt the person with 2 posts, 5 posts, 10 posts are translators, you just have the exact image of a little kid who thinks they will look cool if they say they are a translator.....

And stop putting words in my mouth bro. That was mean. I know translation is goddamned hard, but like I said its a rewarding job when done right, and that's the only reason why I mentioned that. Remember, Smokey The Bear says, "Only you can prevent flame wars!" and that prevention starts by respecting other posters' opinions just how it has happened in this thread so far.

Keep it cool

HIDRALISCO

kevind23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HIDRALISCO said:
gigermunit said:
I'm getting sick you people posting saying that a full translation should be made, that's of time, the game comes out in a few months, just wait, you don't know how hard and hectic it is to translate the menu's while having people constantly complain about how the dialogue is still Japanese when they were already informed the dialogue wouldn't be changed to English

Bro chill out. Nobody's demanding anything around here. All I (and other people) did was to ask politely. I'm well aware there's some other guy doing a full translation, yet from what I've seen, Kazo's translation seems to be a lot better. I can work with any of those, and as far as I can tell, the game is perfectly finishable with a simple menu translation (I'm actually halfway), but heck I know a good job when I see it, and in this situation I consider it more of a compliment than a demand to ask for a full translation.

I understand and agree that you were asking politely, but once was enough. He's already said no, so you can compliment him without pushing for a full translation, especially if other people are working on one already.

Whooosh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yo veyero does that mean Kazo is translating game txt in the next version???

If yes than YAAAAAAAHHH go Kazo. Il start playing the game when that version comes out.

Good luck and YOU ROCK KAZO

adrian2040

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Does this patch contain the fix for the saving issues? I just want to know if it works in M3 Sakura v1.41 Release 2.

HIDRALISCO

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
kevind23 said:
I understand and agree that you were asking politely, but once was enough. He's already said no, so you can compliment him without pushing for a full translation, especially if other people are working on one already.

I asked him once. If somebody did it before I didn't read it, and I'm sorry if I sounded annoying and/or repetitive, because I haven't read the whole 16 pages of this thread.

kevind23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whooosh said:
yo veyero does that mean Kazo is translating game txt in the next version???

If yes than YAAAAAAAHHH go Kazo. Il start playing the game when that version comes out.

Good luck and YOU ROCK KAZO

First PostNew Game Text: 0% Completed

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
adrian2040 said:
I just re-read the first post. How silly of me. Which anti-piracy patch works with M3 Sakura?
I used SSE_P. I'm using M3 Sakura newest with the compatibility fix released yesterday. I've gotten 3 random crashes in about an hour of gameplay. I haven't tried P2 yet, but I think I might later.

I used 2.5c since I downloaded it while it was out and it patched fine.

BTW, I'm using an M3i Zero updated for 1.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3