Not open for further replies.

redoverdrive1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
silverbullet1080 said:
redoverdrive1 said:
AHHHH!!!! No matter how hard i try i can't use my heart gold version 5 .sav on version 6. Can somebody tell me how to do it?
Does the rom file and .sav have the same file names?

Yes that was the first thing i did but even though the names are the same it still won't work for me.

BTW should i rename the rom to be the same as the .sav or the .sav to be the same as the rom or doesnt it matter?

soccerboy169

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not sure if this was asked but i dont feel like looking at 86 pages on here just to find the answer so i am willing to take the yelling about this

cant u just apply both patches of this 1 and Magnius's Pokemon Soul Silver Translation and save it on the same cart?

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try backing up your save, then starting a new game. Save once, turn off, and put the backuped save back on overwriting the old one. Worked for me.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
redoverdrive1 said:
silverbullet1080 said:
redoverdrive1 said:
AHHHH!!!! No matter how hard i try i can't use my heart gold version 5 .sav on version 6. Can somebody tell me how to do it?

Yes that was the first thing i did but even though the names are the same it still won't work for me.

BTW should i rename the rom to be the same as the .sav or the .sav to be the same as the rom or doesnt it matter?
rename the rom... pretty sure the sav file tracks the game rom name internally somewhere.

redoverdrive1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bwillb said:
redoverdrive1 said:
silverbullet1080 said:
redoverdrive1 said:

rename the rom... pretty sure the sav file tracks the game rom name internally somewhere.

I did but it still doesnt work..... Does it help to say that im using an Acekard 2i

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure this was asked or not but when ever i try to run my game. i get some weird message in japan letters and i am forced to start a new game and i can fix it but... it's so annoying to do... i have a cyclon ds on the latest beta firm ware version 1.56 beta 3 version is there a fix around that or not and i'm using the anit rudolf patch...

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
not sure this was asked or not but when ever i try to run my game. i get some weird message in japan letters and i am forced to start a new game and i can fix it but... it's so annoying to do... i have a cyclon ds on the latest beta firm ware version 1.56 beta 3 version is there a fix around that or not and i'm using the anit rudolf patch...
if english is your native tongue, please try a little harder at it.
If its not, try a different language.

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bwillb said:
DJPlace said:

*snip

now i'll say it again when i load my game after i save it i get a weird japanses message and my game has to restart... i can fix it by loading it through pokesav and saving it twice but it's such a hassle... i am using the anti priate patch from the rudoplh person. is there a way to fix this i am on the latest cyclo ds evolution beta version 1.56 beta 3 firmware. i would love to know what's going on...

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
bwillb said:
DJPlace said:

*snip

now i'll say it again when i load my game after i save it i get a weird japanses message and my game has to restart... i can fix it by loading it through pokesav and saving it twice but it's such a hassle... i am using the anti priate patch from the rudoplh person. is there a way to fix this i am on the latest cyclo ds evolution beta version 1.56 beta 3 firmware. i would love to know what's going on...
that was a little better... cant say its anything I've seen before. try loading the rom and your save through No$gba and see if you get the same error. If you do, take a screenshot and post it. If not, try loading hte rom without rudolph's patch and see if it works better. If I recall correctly the Cyclo can currently automatically fix anti-piracy errors so it may be something caused by redundancy.
Also, is your Rom named the same thing as your save file exactly? Has the save gone through pokesav before?

edit: have you tried magnius' patch or a clean unpatched ROM to see if it is something specific to this patch or not?

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for calling you a doucebag i'm haveing some RL issues right now... but yeah the sav has gone through da letter a HG/SS but i'' do what you said in a sec...

redoverdrive1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I still cant get my sav file to load on the new version 6!!!! im using an acekard 2i and the game starts fine but when i press continue i just get a black screen......... nothing more can somebody please help. An action replay code or something....

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
redoverdrive1 said:
I still cant get my sav file to load on the new version 6!!!! im using an acekard 2i and the game starts fine but when i press continue i just get a black screen......... nothing more can somebody please help. An action replay code or something....

Why don't you read the 1st post man the stuff you asking for especially the AR codes is there

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
redoverdrive1 said:
here
QUOTEIf you dont know by know, the game has some anti-piracy checking in it. It causes the game to freeze and not save properly. This patch comes with Rudolph's anti-piracy, but it might not be perfect.

No$GBA users, if you have version 2.6 for No$GBA, set option NDS-Cartridge Backup Media to FLASH 512KBytes. Make sure you save options and restart the emulator afterwards.

Also the following code helps with the black screens, use it as AR and RAW.

CODE:
020DD9E4 E1A00000

btw, what firmware are you using? I've heard the latest AKAIO fixes a lot of piracy issues?

redoverdrive1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hotzdevil said:
redoverdrive1 said:

Why don't you read the 1st post man the stuff you asking for especially the AR codes is there

i already did that i read it all and that code didnt work for me....

Retal

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland 1 said:
Retal said:
KazoWAR said:
The Pokemart's sells men should now be mostly in english.
It's one thing to translate into English, but do you actually know English?
He must if he is making this patch. Duh
So if I make a patch for Arabic then that proves that I know Arabic.

I'm concerned that reading these forums makes me more stupid every day.

catasthrope

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
redoverdrive1 said:

you don;t need to use AR or something, mine just works fine with v6.0
just use AKAIO v 1.5 and enjoy your game !

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Don't know if it's been reported before (there's no thread search option), but with version 6 of the patch, items can't be used from the menu outside of battle. This is... a big problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    thats a shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's one of the finest honors at temp
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    I was here in 2008
    says you joined 2009
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    Yeah
    after i got my acecard i joined
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    Lurking
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    At least we are busier than gamefaqs
    this place def has enough people on it that it feelscozy
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    Development. For my nintendos wiiu and 3ds is great all the stuff in the ds days was great
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    i am happy to see this as an active home for projects
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    #10YearGang
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    On game faqs i have a 2006 account
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    Here i should have joined earlier
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Funny how people argue that social media destroyed message boards then I show them temp
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    I miss skulltag
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    Some fourms died with the project
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    Skulltag was an online doom source port based on zdoom it was extremely fun
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Generally forums that had rules longer than the Bible died people don't want a strict website on the internet they wanna look at boobs and pirate Nintendo games
    +1
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    or drama and bad moderators lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Reddit is basically the new message boards
    i am a simple girl all i want is booba and nintendo
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    reddit is terrible
    reddit is cheeks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: