Just thought of a homebrew

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by MarcusRaven, Nov 13, 2010.

Nov 13, 2010
  1. MarcusRaven
    OP

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    With Wii Speak, compatibility with Logitech usb microphones, and that one camera that came out with that exercise game, you would think somebody would try to make a video chat homebrew. I think it would be a neat concept, though I have no idea how to do it myself. Maybe somebody can use this idea for the next wave of homebrew contest GBAtemp holds now and again.

But I think some discussion on this would be neat. Would you guys use it if it was made possible? What features should it have? What extras could be in it? Could it be implemented into existing programs for A/V chat with multiplayer games? (Ambitious, I know.)

2. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    It is entirely possible I believe, but it certainly could not be implemented into existing games to give them chat where it is not usually there. At least, not without a LOT of work. It'd be pretty cool if it were possible to make it work with Skype, so people could have Skype chats on their TVs.

3. OriginalHamster

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    I did a similar thread sometime ago, really want have some use to my WiiSpeak, a Skype like app could be fantastic.
    I'm not sure if there exist libraries to access to WiiSpeak or USB mic.

4. thesund0g

Member thesund0g GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Does the linux distro for Wii support either of these as generic USB devices?

5. OriginalHamster

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    I have no idea