Homebrew Just thought of a homebrew

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With Wii Speak, compatibility with Logitech usb microphones, and that one camera that came out with that exercise game, you would think somebody would try to make a video chat homebrew. I think it would be a neat concept, though I have no idea how to do it myself. Maybe somebody can use this idea for the next wave of homebrew contest GBAtemp holds now and again.

But I think some discussion on this would be neat. Would you guys use it if it was made possible? What features should it have? What extras could be in it? Could it be implemented into existing programs for A/V chat with multiplayer games? (Ambitious, I know.)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It is entirely possible I believe, but it certainly could not be implemented into existing games to give them chat where it is not usually there. At least, not without a LOT of work. It'd be pretty cool if it were possible to make it work with Skype, so people could have Skype chats on their TVs.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I did a similar thread sometime ago, really want have some use to my WiiSpeak, a Skype like app could be fantastic.
I'm not sure if there exist libraries to access to WiiSpeak or USB mic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1