Darkshades

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello GBAtemp. Please excuse my noobness, for after reading much I am still very confused.

I just ordered a CycloDS black and EZ V 3 in 1 from www.realhotstuff.com after researching for a few days. My second choice was the M3 REAL Perfect Bundle, but I read some reviews of them being cheaply made and breaking. I still wonder if I made the right choice. According to the Real Hot Stuff return policy, I can return it if it is defective/I didn't open my box, so if anyone has any recommendations - please let me know. Additionally I ordered a 4GB Sandisk micro SD card. I wish the Sony memory stick pro duo flash memory was as cheap as microSD, I very much wish to buy the 16gb chip.
frown.gif

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with possible downloads/patches/firmwares I would need to get both the CycloDS and EZ V 3 in 1 working perfectly. To be honest I'm a little overwhelmed after looking at the wiki for the EZ V 3 in 1, of what patches I should use for what. I'm wanting to use Rumble and the GBA options mostly, the RAM will be nice as I hear it works with certain homebrew titles.

I already own the Opera cart/RAM pack. Also any instruction on how to make the best of these two new products, or recommendations for homebrew or other software would be very much appreciated. I'm very new to the DS homebrew/flashcart scene, I apologize if I'm bothering anyone. I'm just really overwhelmed.

Also, when I tried to go to the CycloDS website, it seems to be down and I read somewhere that they're going out of business/being sued. Is this true? Can anyone confirm this?

I hope I made the right choice. Again, any help is appreciated, thank you for your time.
-Shade

Gamesphere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to the scene! I know, It is very overwhelming and daunting to any newcomers.

I believe you made a great choice buying the CycloDS Evolution. I've had mine for about 5 months now, NO PROBLEMS whatsoever regarding quality, breaking, or bricking at all. Im very very satisfied of my purchase. The Cyclo team is very prompt and responsive to fix problems for the Evolution and is constantly releasing new firmware in a timely matter.

Right now, their site is down. My guess is that is because of the recent R4 lawsuits, so they want to lay low. CycloDS is NOT being sued so rest easy. The site should be back up in a few days. If you need anything regarding the CycloDS, be it firmware or homebrew, check the downloads section here at GBATemp! Almost everything can be found here EXCEPT Roms. (I hope you read your term of agreements
rolleyes.gif
)

I own a 2GB and have plenty of games stored. My guess is roughly about 20, this include big size games such as Pokemon Pearl and Final Fantasy 4. Actually, I have most the Final Fantasy DS games on my card ATM not including FF3 and Revenant Wings. Space shouldn't be an issue for you.

Homebrew you should check out: If you are an IRC person like me, Look for IRCDS. Great Client. A Homebrew MUST though is DSOrganize, Turns your DS into a PDA including an Internet Browser. Great Great App.

I can't help you with the EV 3 in 1 though. I don't own one.

That's about it, Browse the downloads section! Enjoy and welcome to GBATemp!

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont worry, you made a good choice :]
(although it might've been cheaper to go to dealwoot to buy for the time being. they have a free shipping sale right now)

ummm. i would get 1.41 final or 1.5beta, and im not too sure about the 3 in 1..sorryy
i think you need GBA exploader or something like that

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the 3 in 1...you need gba exploader but I don't know how the rumble feature works...I haven't seen much rumbling in any of my games even though I set the settings on =/

Darkshades

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thank you everyone for your the help. I think I'm getting a little better idea of everything, - currently getting all the downloads ready. If anyone else has any more tips or suggestions, feel free. I'll post any questions I have if they arise.

I was curious about extended lie batteries. But seeing how NINTENDO doesn't actually make any official ones, I don't think I could trust a random Chinese made one. I love using the SONY official 2400mAh battery in the PSP slim is why I ask. Anyway, thanks again.
-Shade

Solanum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to do any firmware updates or patches for the 3 in 1. As long as you have the latest firmware for the CycloDS (1.41) it will do everything for you. There is an option in the CycloDS menu to enable/disamble rumble support, and it will automatically set the RAM up for the Opera browser so you dont have to patch that. Firmware 1.4 and later includes built-in GBA playing support, but its a little buggy so I recommend downloading the GBA ExpLoader homebrew and use that to launch any GBA games you might want to play (although save data is compatible between ExpLoader and the built-in support, so you can try one and if you dont like it or it doesnt work, just switch to the other).

As for the website, I think they just went over their monthly bandwidth quota. The site will probably be back up shortly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1