Just bought a wii u and installed HBC on Vwii. How do I install wads?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by jjuanml2, Jun 10, 2013.

1. jjuanml2
    OP

jjuanml2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    Is there a tutorial for installing them and possibly a tutorial on USBloader GX as well? Thanks.

2. Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis Banned

Banned
    Dec 30, 2012
    United States
    If you have a Wii then keep it. Tutorials are all over; look a little;-). Don't expect Wii U mode hbc, and vWii within the Wii U has limitations and risks the Wii does not have. If you bought Wii U expecting an open scene with kindness and sharing then this is not it. Guides for vWii are all over though so this is on topic and a warning.

maniax300 likes this.
  3. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    You have to install hbc through smashstack, Google it, thenYou can install the wads the traditional way like You do on the Wii.

4. jjuanml2
    OP

jjuanml2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    I knew this I just meant if you guys knew of a really good guide on installing the wads. I have searched but there's way too much confusion that arises. Thanks anyways.

5. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    You use YAWMM EN. I didn't do the coding (except for a few changes of things that annoyed me), I just translated it with some help from Google and FIX94.

6. jjuanml2
    OP

jjuanml2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2013
    United States
  7. Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis Banned

Banned
    Dec 30, 2012
    United States
    Yeah, too many threads on here. Joostin is cool and has been around. "Truth" has a thread on here with lots of info.without safety net, be very careful.

8. jjuanml2
    OP

jjuanml2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2013
    United States

Yeah I'll see if I this works. Thank you guys. The link I tried before hand didn't really work. In fact I just tried YAWMM and I installed the usbloader gx wad, however when I open it, the wii freezes to a black screen. Before I installed YAWMM I installed this thing" IOS236 Installer MOD V8 for vWii" did I mess anything up by installing that thing? I have no idea what the culprit could be...

9. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK

Ray cant ya just reply to someones post without spouting your disgust at the WiiU hacking scene everyday. Seriously man.

Ray Lewis likes this.
  10. [Truth]

[Truth] GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 21, 2006
    Germany
    Mushroom Kingdom
    DUDE!
    Read, read, read!

You should have at least read the WHOLE guide!
    Sorry to say, but you are one of those guys that end up with a brick sooner or later, because you don´t READ!

Ray Lewis likes this.
  11. lucasanti

lucasanti Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2009
    Italy
    Hi all,
    I have some doubts about the installation of wads on vwii.
    I have read on several forums that it's a good idea to install wads file on the EmuNand. It seems that it is possible to do a backup of vWii nand using usb loader Gx and then install whatever wad (related to a wiiware or VC game) on the EmuNand.
    The procedure seems to be the following:
    Do the backup of the vwii nand using usbloader gx (it seems that you can use also an SD card (formatted in FAT32) where you put inside the loader and the wads you want to install).
    Then launch the usb loader gx and install the wad into the EmuNand directly from the loader (without using any Wad manager or YAMN, ...).
    Then launch the usb loader gx and set the option to visualise the games installed as "EmuNand channels".
    Is it correct ?
    Is there anyone that was able to install wad games into the emuNand of vwii ?
    How much is the size of the backup of the vwii nand ?
    Are the wads to install on vwii exactly identical to the ones used for wii ? Is it possible to use both PAL and NTSC wads ?