ROM Hack Jump Ultimate stars Komas edition

Anubis

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just wanted to report a bug I've found.
After I finish the 3rd mission on "Eyeshield 21" the pointer is all messed up.
I had 5/5 on the previous two missions if that is of any use.

geunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
wrong topic !
we only speak about Komas edition here

please report to the good one
and maybe gives more info ( what patch did you used, what linker did you use)

Anubis

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry, didn't know there was another thread for this.
Anyway, the rom along with the patch was posted on another board so I don't know which version it is.
Also, same thing happened when I finished the "Soul Society ascension!" mission with 5/5.

XellKamikaze

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can we please use these..

db382hwv4.png
or
db382hze2.png

db393hpf8.png

db066vlg3.png

geunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
db066vlg3.png

No.

If you check his in-game life bar, you'll see frieza and not freeza

for Kulilin .....Please stop bother us with attack names !
ATTACK NAMES ARE SET, i mean in text, if i ll change this 2 koma i need to change in game text too !

Attack names are complete ... and that has been set a long time ago !!! (previous project !)

XellKamikaze

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
db066vlg3.png

No.

If you check his in-game life bar, you'll see frieza and not freezaÂ

ATTACK NAMES ARE SET, i mean in text, if i ll change this 2 koma i need to change in game text too !

Attack names are complete ... and that has been set a long time ago !!! (previous project !)

Frieza is incorrect. The game made a mistake. But whatever. Keep it as Frieza if you want to stay consistent. BUT!

The attack names aren't complete, they're wrong. Solar Flare is wrong. Destructo Disk is wrong. Spirit Bomb is wrong. We may as well be making up these attack names. What's next? Shall we call the Kamehameha a Hadouken? Because it's practically the same thing.

And yet we are calling the Super Saiyajin form 'SSJ' in this game.. So one minute we are using Dub names and the next minute we are using the originals? Jesus christ..

geunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
ok you won ....

i m bored about dbz character fix!!
There has be so much adaptation, no one use the same term

Kiezan is know as destructo disk too
The reason because i m finally ok with your modification

1 i don't like solar flare term
2 ENOUGH OF BDZ MODIFICATION AND REMODIFICATION AND REREMODIFICATION

no other change because we have said that this translation must be for evryone and not only for manga elitist fan! so using some understanding term prevailled sometimes than a pure japanese name

so
spirit bomb -> genki dama
destructo disk -> kiezan
solar flare -> Tayioken

i ll don't reply anymore about DBZ modification (until it s a bug or upgraded komas fix...)

XellKamikaze

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok you won ....

Kiezan is know as destructo disk too
The reason because i m finally ok with your modification

no other change because we have said that this translation must be for evryone and not only for manga elitist fan! so using some understanding term prevailled sometimes than a pure japanese name

so
spirit bomb -> genki dama
destructo disk -> kiezan
solar flare -> Tayioken

i ll don't reply anymore about DBZ modification (until it s a bug or upgraded komas fix...)

Thank you.
happy.gif

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you use the one with the fixed border on the koma. It looks terrible in the game with a discolored bottom border for Krillin's Tayioken.

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Last Words on the DBZ issue.

like is DBZ the only one being re-modded back and fourth now? I mean I use I the DBZ Komas alot and that's why I try to defend it from being mod to the Manga Nasty Japanese Names. But owells.. It makes me not want to use it anymore but, since it not of my liking.... I call truce, You guys win.. I'll just stick with Naruto, Bleach, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Black Cat.

I'll give an example of a poor remake of mine Koma... I don't see why not go back to using the Untranlated on than using mines and re-texting it...

db_08_8V.png
and
db_38_2H.png

Vegito bubble was rebuilt so that it can fit without going out of the bubble. For Krillin, it was also rebuilt so that, Solar Flare can fit perfectly. Please, if you want to edit a KOMA, don't use the Translated one but instead use the Untranslated one.

Demon Rin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DBZ was the only one what was Incorrect, so yes, it's the only one being Corrected to the Not-Nasty Japanese names. XP

That's no reason to stop using the DBZ Komas ALTOGETHER!!
That just makes you look immature about it >_>

and if it's the Textsetting in the Komas that you don't like, that can be Fixed easy.
In fact, someone already Fixed the Taiyoken one, and the Vegetto one is not too hard to fix.

db382hze2.png
- see?

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
DBZ was the only one what was Incorrect, so yes, it's the only one being Corrected to the Not-Nasty Japanese names. XP

That's no reason to stop using the DBZ Komas ALTOGETHER!!
That just makes you look immature about it >_>

and if it's the Textsetting in the Komas that you don't like, that can be Fixed easy.
In fact, someone already Fixed the Taiyoken one, and the Vegetto one is not too hard to fix.

db382hze2.png
- see?
Yeah okay. First of all, it wasn't incorrect. Secondly, I thought this was suppose to be a English Translation patch, but I am well aware that people who are against the idea of English Translation Names, will quote "What about the other names"? I would agree what about the others, but like I said, I gotten to familiarized with the English Translated names; I'm sure other people as well did too. And so on, I can't stand seeing them the way you want it to be. Anywhoo, this is just a project based for fans and that it's too only a game. I give up on trying to make some people like you, come on my side of agreement.

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
db066vlg3.png

No.

Frieza is incorrect. The game made a mistake. But whatever. Keep it as Frieza if you want to stay consistent. BUT!

The attack names aren't complete, they're wrong. Solar Flare is wrong. Destructo Disk is wrong. Spirit Bomb is wrong. We may as well be making up these attack names. What's next? Shall we call the Kamehameha a Hadouken? Because it's practically the same thing.

And yet we are calling the Super Saiyajin form 'SSJ' in this game.. So one minute we are using Dub names and the next minute we are using the originals? Jesus christ..

geunt, I can't believe you even responded to this or let him "win". Everything was fine. If the game made a mistake, then leave it. This is a translation, not an enhancement. The project is fine the way it was. Don't let people pressure you or the other team members the other way.

Demon Rin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, we're making an English Translation, not an English Bastardization.
And, since this is an Official game based on the MANGA, I think it stands to say that using the Official names from the MANGA Might be better to do.
And The Official US English Translation of the manga, DOES use all of the Japanese Names, with the Exception of Vegetto and Majin Boo but arguing that at all would be Moot. He Already said if it is a Battle character, and thusly has a name under his life bar, it's staying as-is, and Vegetto was Vegetto under his life bar, and Majin Boo was Majin Boo (or Maybe Just Buu, I don't remember off hand) Also, they called Mr. Satan Hercule, but his character Profile in the front of the book tries to downplay this by pretending Hercule is his "Stage Name" and Mr. Satan is his Real name, and they just never mention it outside the Character Profile. So, TECHNICALLY, his name is Mr. Satan in the US manga, they just use Hercule most times for god knows why.

So, Again. USING THE JAPANESE NAMES DOES FOLLOW THE OFFICIAL US TRANSLATION, OF THE MANGA!!
And, As I've said before, this game is NOT based on The Dragon Ball Z Anime AT ALL, It's a Game solely based on the MANGA, wouldn't it be better to use Terms that a US Dragon Ball MANGA reader would be more Familiar with?

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
db066vlg3.png

No.

geunt, I can't believe you even responded to this or let him "win". Everything was fine. If the game made a mistake, then leave it. This is a translation, not an enhancement. The project is fine the way it was. Don't let people pressure you or the other team members the other way.
yah i totally agree with you. It should of been left alone... but no, some people to be PERFECT 110%
dry.gif

Demon Rin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is, you guys aren't Arguing anything rational other than "This is what I'm Used to, so it must be so." so none of the things I'm saying seem to be getting through :/

The Fact Still Stands that, there are 2 sets of "Official US Names". The Anime ones, and the Manga ones.
The Manga ones are not only More Accurate, but would be better suited for this game since this game is based on the MANGA, and NOT the anime!!

db_29_3V.png
Do you see Five Fingers? XD

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my comment mostly had to do with attack names. Saying that calling Taiyo-Ken "solar flare" is just making up names is beyond silly. What's the point of a translation if the word is still un-intelligeble and meaningless to anyone unfamiliar. At that stage you're the one just wanting the familiar and not an English Translation.

It's like renaming all the attacks SHAZAM! It's meaningless and doesn't tell us anything. There's a reason these things get changed.

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The problem is, you guys aren't Arguing anything rational other than "This is what I'm Used to, so it must be so."Â so none of the things I'm saying seem to be getting through :/

The Fact Still Stands that, there are 2 sets of "Official US Names". The Anime ones, and the Manga ones.
The Manga ones are not only More Accurate, but would be better suited for this game since this game is based on the MANGA, and NOT the anime!!

db_29_3V.png
Do you see Five Fingers? XD

QUOTE(geunt @ Feb 24 2008, 07:55 PM)ok you won ....

Geunt did say "translation must be for evryone and not only for manga elitist fan!." I say it isn't for me at all, I don't like the japanese translation that was put into idea. I for won't say you guys won, but why not left it alone the way it was before.. Yes I know you, Demon Rin would say "But It's Original." Sure it is.

geunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
PLEASE STOP !

You can continue talking about that but now names will not change

I ve explain previously why i choose this one

I ve grown with DBZ (space pirate cobra saint seiya, galaxy express etc..)..... Taiyoken in french was something like "morsure du soleil" : solar bite in english

Why? because this anime is OLD (french dub was 1989...somthing like that) ! and at this time, anime was for kids only !
A french kid (or english, american whatever.....) that heard tayioken don't understand ...that s all !

some people are right about this is not a dbz game but a manga game !
sometimes we need to adapt sometimes we can't

So now discussion is over
there is a lot of non-dbz komas that still untranslated.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1