• Replies 8,959

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone post the gym leaders yet?
(serebii)

The official Japanese site has just updated with a portion of the information and screenshots from CoroCoro. This information does not encompass all of the information and Pokémon revealed in the magazine but did include several of the images in better quality. As such, I have updated the pre-release picture page with these images.
It also revealed some further constraints of the Transfer Machine. The Pokémon transferred cannot know HM moves and they cannot have items held and of course, the Pokémon cannot be transferred back. Click the picture to go to the page
In The Games Department

Pokémon Black & White - Gym Leader Reveals

On 2ch, a user has started posting parts of the game and with this, he has posted a part of the manual which contains what appears to be the Gym Leaders within the games. This image shows the Gym Leaders from #3 down to #8 and seem to indicate that the character of Iris is a Gym Leader. The gyms now work progressively boosting tradeable levels up by 10 levels each badge until the final badge. Gym 3 is in Hiun City with the Beetle badge. Gym 4 is in an unknown city with the Bolt Badge run by Kamitsure (????), Gym 5 is in Hodomoe City with the Quake Badge run by Yakon (????), Gym 6 is in Fukiyose City with the Jet Badge is run by Furou (???), Gym 7 is in Sekka City with the Icicle Badge is run by Hachiku (???) and Gym 8 is in Souryuu City with the Legend Badge.
As this is a preliminary image, there is a possibility that this ends up untrue

gymleaders.jpg

dansparrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
basher11 said:
anyone post the gym leaders yet?
(serebii)

The official Japanese site has just updated with a portion of the information and screenshots from CoroCoro. This information does not encompass all of the information and Pokémon revealed in the magazine but did include several of the images in better quality. As such, I have updated the pre-release picture page with these images.
It also revealed some further constraints of the Transfer Machine. The Pokémon transferred cannot know HM moves and they cannot have items held and of course, the Pokémon cannot be transferred back. Click the picture to go to the page
In The Games Department

Pokémon Black & White - Gym Leader Reveals

On 2ch, a user has started posting parts of the game and with this, he has posted a part of the manual which contains what appears to be the Gym Leaders within the games. This image shows the Gym Leaders from #3 down to #8 and seem to indicate that the character of Iris is a Gym Leader. The gyms now work progressively boosting tradeable levels up by 10 levels each badge until the final badge. Gym 3 is in Hiun City with the Beetle badge. Gym 4 is in an unknown city with the Bolt Badge run by Kamitsure (????), Gym 5 is in Hodomoe City with the Quake Badge run by Yakon (????), Gym 6 is in Fukiyose City with the Jet Badge is run by Furou (???), Gym 7 is in Sekka City with the Icicle Badge is run by Hachiku (???) and Gym 8 is in Souryuu City with the Legend Badge.

As this is a preliminary image, there is a possibility that this ends up untrue
Probably 10 people, since it has some time since we know it.

Warrior522 said:
marjan1337 said:
QUOTE(Agjsdfd @ Sep 15 2010, 10:25 PM) What do you guys think of Victini bein #000?
its 494 in national dex
so um.... nice heheh
or something

Erm... Thought Missingno was 000?
Missingno was the 000 in the national dex, victini is the 000 in Isshu's dex

L-81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nebula91 said:
AtreyuFan91 said:
Five generations...Wow, I remember playing Yellow as a child!
The series has come so far....

I know, right?
I'm hoping for that same "omg this is the greatest" feeling I had with Blue version with Black and/or White Version.
your right. its been a decade to be precise

NatureMade

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AtreyuFan91 said:

So true. That doesn't even include all the side storylines from the anime, "rescue" and "ranger" games, or the trading cards. Pokemon may very well be as big as Magic and DnD is in the future. And we can sit down with our kids and talk about when WE used to play those games, and our kids will look at us like we're crazy...

Good times.
smileipb2.png

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gym leader pokemon type
1. Grass, Fire, Water
2. Normal
3. Bug
4. Electric
5. Ground
6. Flying
7. Ice
8. Dragon

some other photos
sanyou.jpg
libro1.jpg

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
NatureMade said:
AtreyuFan91 said:

So true. That doesn't even include all the side storylines from the anime, "rescue" and "ranger" games, or the trading cards. Pokemon may very well be as big as Magic and DnD is in the future. And we can sit down with our kids and talk about when WE used to play those games, and our kids will look at us like we're crazy...

Good times.
smileipb2.png

Well, IMO MOTHER will always beat it in Japan, although it probably wouldn't here as it's too emotional for our kids and such. And yeah, Pokemon seems as if it started being aimed towards kids a while ago, but that was probably because that was where the money was.

dansparrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
basher11 said:
gym leader pokemon type
1. Grass, Fire, Water
2. Normal
3. Bug
4. Electric
5. Ground
6. Flying
7. Ice
8. Dragon

some other photos
sanyou.jpg
libro1.jpg
You do know this was posted like 10 times, right?

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brian10122 said:
NatureMade said:
AtreyuFan91 said:

Good times.
smileipb2.png

Well, IMO MOTHER will always beat it in Japan, although it probably wouldn't here as it's too emotional for our kids and such. And yeah, Pokemon seems as if it started being aimed towards kids a while ago, but that was probably because that was where the money was.
Started being aimed towards kids? Pokemon was always aimed towards kids.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
basher11 said:
well i'm sorry for not reading 50+ pages >:|

Which is why all the "Is it out yet" and "No leak yet" and "When do you think it will be out" and "I found a fake rom" posts are so annoying. Imagine how small and entirely readable the topic would be without them.
smile.gif

Gregora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started back in like 99 or so, back when they had these packages in Costco with the game, book, and Gameboy Color. I kept whining until my dad caved in. But back then, I really had nothing and I needed something to bury myself into because no one wanted to play with an autistic girl even before people were diagnosed for it. And now, here I am.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
Brian10122 said:
NatureMade said:
AtreyuFan91 said:

Good times.
smileipb2.png

Started being aimed towards kids? Pokemon was always aimed towards kids.

Not really. Maybe the anime was but I think the first generation at least was just meant to be a modern RPG. Sure, it was a new thing, but IMO it really isn't that kiddy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying