Pokemon Black/White and Black 2/White 2 AP Patches

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Ceru, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Ceru
    OP

Ceru Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2018
    United States
    I just dumped my Pokemon Black and Pokemon White 2 cartridges to an SD card to play with nds-bootstrap. However, it turns out that both games require an AP patch, which I cannot find anywhere.

I saw a thread somewhere that had the EXP patch for Pokemon Black, but I would like the full AP patch that fixes the black screens and freezes as well.

I tried to use DS-Scene ROM tool, but it says that both games are incompatible with patches. Oddly enough, it worked just fine for Soul Silver, which I dumped the same way.

I also viewed the AP Patch preservation thread and found patches there, but both had checksum errors, despite the fact I dumped these roms myself from my legit cartridges on my own 3DS.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?
    My CRC32 for Black is 4F6E5580
    My CRC32 for White 2 is 777EB04F

These are both untrimmed, unedited U region English ROMs that I JUST dumped earlier today, and copied from my SD card to my desktop.

Help is greatly appreciated, thank you so much!

Last edited by Ceru, Jun 25, 2019
    Dartz150 likes this.
  2. EPgrouch

EPgrouch Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2017
    United States
    I'm having the same issues.

3. Dartz150

Dartz150 GBATemp's Official Onii-chan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    On a Strange Journey
    Watching this as well, because I need them for testing purposes, the roms I have came pre-patched when I downloaded them.