John Romero releases a new Doom II level to raise funds for Ukraine

FM4haEmXIAAl2SJ.jpg

John Romero, co-founder of id Software and designer on a number of classic first-person shooters including the first two Doom games, has released a new level for Doom II to raise funds for Ukraine. Called "One Humanity," this is Romero's first Doom II level since 1994, although in 2019 he released a whole game of modded levels for the original Doom called Sigil, which was well-received. Romero is currently working on Sigil 2, which will also be made using Doom II modding tools.

You can pick up One Humanity from Romero's website for €5 at this link.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Red Cross is religion based, and the scripture it uses as it's base doesn't condone to homosexuality. It has nothing to do with fear. I am Christian and some of my friends butt fuck. It doesn't ruin my day, but I do ask that they wash their hands.
Please touch grass

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
The Red Cross did a lot of amazing things for the people directly when Hurricane Harvey destroyed Houston. And that's the important part, is that it'll go to food, clothing, and shelter for those displaced and hurt. It goes directly into the hands of those who require aid the most.

"Wah wah Red Cross bad" - said all of the people who have never directly dealt with the Red Cross. Typical internet comments.

I kind of wish the money just went directly to the Ukraine and not to the organizations. It’s hard to support when I am not a fan of either organization that this is going towards. For context, Red Cross still has some homophobic policies and the UN doesn’t have the best track reward when it comes to war aid.
Not sure what goes on regarding money donated to Ukraine, but as far as the Red Cross goes, the money will go directly to the people, from the Red Cross to the little guys out there. The Red Cross had plenty of shelters, food stamps, straight up cash, etc, to offer for anyone who needed it. Can't imagine the Ukrainian version is any different. (Though that is a shame about the other part you mentioned if so)

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The Red Cross did a lot of amazing things for the people directly when Hurricane Harvey destroyed Houston. And that's the important part, is that it'll go to food, clothing, and shelter for those displaced and hurt. It goes directly into the hands of those who require aid the most.

"Wah wah Red Cross bad" - said all of the people who have never directly dealt with the Red Cross. Typical internet comments.

Not sure what goes on regarding money donated to Ukraine, but as far as the Red Cross goes, the money will go directly to the people, from the Red Cross to the little guys out there. The Red Cross had plenty of shelters, food stamps, straight up cash, etc, to offer for anyone who needed it. Can't imagine the Ukrainian version is any different. (Though that is a shame about the other part you mentioned if so)
I know they do a lot of good but they continue to push the stereotype that homosexuality is linked to getting AIDS. They’ve somewhat changed their position a little over the years but it’s still a matter of principle for me. I am not saying they don’t do good just that one issue is a bit personal to me considering I am kind of gay af

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kind of wish the money just went directly to the Ukraine and not to the organizations. It’s hard to support when I am not a fan of either organization that this is going towards. For context, Red Cross still has some homophobic policies and the UN doesn’t have the best track reward when it comes to war aid.
Because that's the most important thing, right?

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wholeheartedly agree. Ain't no telling if these 'esteemed' organizations are grifting and keeping a majority of the proceeds for themselves...

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Red Cross is religion based, and the scripture it uses as it's base doesn't condone to homosexuality. It has nothing to do with fear. I am Christian and some of my friends butt fuck. It doesn't ruin my day, but I do ask that they wash their hands.
That sounds really fvcked up, but I can't help myself from laughing :rofl2:

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Because that's the most important thing, right?
Considering they are still supporting a harmful practice, I consider it important. Homophobia is wrong and supporting homophobic practices isn’t ok. I won’t undermine the good they’ve done but they don’t have my support until they change those harmful views

sley

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Considering they are still supporting a harmful practice, I consider it important. Homophobia is wrong and supporting homophobic practices isn’t ok. I won’t undermine the good they’ve done but they don’t have my support until they change those harmful views

From the Red Cross Website

The FDA guidance “Revised Recommendations for Reducing the Risk of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Transmission by Blood and Blood Products” states, “Defer for 3 months from the most recent sexual contact, a man who has had sex with another man during the past 3 months.” All U.S. blood collection organizations must follow this federal requirement.
Isn't the FDA at fault here then? Looking into their FAQ they seem to just follow the guideline imposed on them.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Isn't the FDA at fault here then? Looking into their FAQ they seem to just follow the guideline imposed on them.
I hold them at fault too and I consider it a problem that the Red Cross could and should argue against to help promote change

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
If he wants to do that, fine, but he should be careful to which organizations he donates to and look into donating directly into Ukraine somehow.
United Nations sold Latin America to China through fake coups and U.N military fear mongering, so yeah, you're right.

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
I would like to clear a few things up:
Stop comparing this to BLM. There are no similarities. One is an American humanitarian effort, the other is an actual f*cking war with thousands of civilian casualties.
If something happens to Ukraine or Europe, people go crazy and start raising funds like mad. When something happens to the so-called "Black people" or "Black Nation" (Which I happen to be) people used to rejoice over that back in the 1600's up to modern day. You just don't see it.

Russia is a global superpower picking on another country while directly targeting civilians and rampantly shelling buildings. This war is where the money needs to go. If Ukraine wins, that shows Vladimir Putin to stop being an a*shole.
BLM is a civil rights thing.
Those are two vibrantly different topics. There is no comparison.

Come on guys. People are actually fleeing a country. Stuff like that Doom level are fetching amazing, because that's money going to people who need it to not get bombed.
Regardless of who the money goes to, so long as it makes its way to Ukraine, it's a good thing.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations, temp. You guys never fail to take a current issue and make it about yourselves. Is this Reddit?

Come on guys. People are actually fleeing a country. Stuff like that Doom level are fetching amazing, because that's money going to people who need it to not get bombed.
Regardless of who the money goes to, so long as it makes its way to Ukraine, it's a good thing.

Literally the only thing people need to take away from this thread. Jesus.

Reactions: britain4 and WG481

lordofcombo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Back to topic,it's a commendable move from Romero,on one hand he's helping Ukraine on the other one he's promoting himself,2 birds with one WAD.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
United Nations sold Latin America to China through fake coups and U.N military fear mongering, so yeah, you're right.
When and how this happened? I'm writing right now from the Latin America btw, looking through my window, it do not look like very Chinese right now, maybe I missed something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER