"Sigil II", a brand-new unofficial 6th episode for Doom by John Romero, coming December 10th

F94qik1WoAAx6DC.jpg

On December 10th, the Doom franchise will be celebrating its 30th anniversary, marking its debut all the way back in 1993 with the first game, and to celebrate the occasion, John Romero, one of the legendary developers for the original Doom and Doom II, has been working on a follow-up sequel for his previously released unofficial 5th episode "Sigil", with a new 6th episode titled "Sigil II".

The original "Sigil" was released back in 2019 featuring an all-new 9 levels episode for the original Doom, making this the 5th episode for the game, and it included 2 original soundtracks, one made in collaboration with Buckethead. The original Sigil was praised for its higher difficulty (compared to the original 4 episodes of Doom), and its hellish aesthetics and level design, which is one of John Romero's strengths, being the levels he made for the Doom franchise some of the best well received by the Doom community.

On December 10th, 2023, john Romero will be releasing his highly anticipated sequel to the original Sigil, with preorders for the new episode starting on November 2nd. However, those that want to experience Romero's new episode release can do so for free as well, since the Sigil II WAD with the MIDI music by James Paddock will be available in full, with some perks like a custom soundtrack by Thor (similar to the original Sigil with Buckethead's OST), exclusive Making-of videos and additional merchandise being attached to the pre-orders and paid release.

Lodad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet. I'm unfamiliar with how this works, do you need to own some version of the original DOOM to play this, or is it standalone?

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet. I'm unfamiliar with how this works, do you need to own some version of the original DOOM to play this, or is it standalone?
It mentions playing it for free, so I’m assuming that they’re just gonna release the WAD on their website and you can just load it into GZDoom or whatever you use to play.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Most likely id Software will upload it to the mods section of the official Doom/Doom II release on Steam and other launchers.
Sigil is already in there, so it's highly probable that Sigil II will also appear there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ