Hacking JGecko U Setup Guide

Sheeba-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This means that your Wii U reset the connection from the TCP Socket. What I can suggest doing is trying again and see if it yields any new results - if nothing changes after a few tries try using a different version of TCP Gecko, I have a few in mind that I can provide. Secondly the newest version of JGecko is very iffy when it comes to restrictive connections (which seems to be a constant when this error appears) Something I can suggest is switching to a slightly older version of JGecko; which I can also provide.

If none of these works then the only way to fix it would be one of two things, setting up your Wii U and PC on a Wired connection, as it could be a case of network instability. OR put your Wii U in a DMZ so there won't be as many connectivity restrictions. If you / your network admin doesn't feel comfortable with allowing a device to be in a DMZ (which is understandable) Then make sure this port is allowed to have traffic run through TCP Port 7331

Another option would be to use the Python port of JGecko, I have it stored and documented here: https://github.com/Korozin/JGecko_Remade-in_Python

Which brings up another troubleshooting thought - do any injectors / code scripts that require connection work? If so.. Does FTPiiU work as well? Because they all use some sort of TCP Connection - it may just be a case of JGecko U specifically not wanting to establish said connection.
I tried it many times and it still doesn't work so can I have that slightly older version of JGecko please?

Trophies
XP
I tried it many times and it still doesn't work so can I have that slightly older version of JGecko please?
https://www.mediafire.com/file/l0a2eoe5i92eqwm/Old-Geck.zip/file

Also you tried what specifically? I gave many options to try - but if all you say is "I tried, it doesn't work" I don't know where to help because you didn't add any more information than before. Did you try a new TCP Gecko? Did you try on a different device? Did you make sure your network isn't restricting TCP Socket connectivity? Did you make sure the port is open for traffic? Did you see if any injectors connect? Because that last one is incredibly important. I would highly suggest trying to connect using an injector - if it works then I would know exactly what the problem was; AND the solution.

Sheeba-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.mediafire.com/file/l0a2eoe5i92eqwm/Old-Geck.zip/file

Also you tried what specifically? I gave many options to try - but if all you say is "I tried, it doesn't work" I don't know where to help because you didn't add any more information than before. Did you try a new TCP Gecko? Did you try on a different device? Did you make sure your network isn't restricting TCP Socket connectivity? Did you make sure the port is open for traffic? Did you see if any injectors connect? Because that last one is incredibly important. I would highly suggest trying to connect using an injector - if it works then I would know exactly what the problem was; AND the solution.
I was using the new TCP Gecko. I was looking for a older version of JGecko because I saw something that the new version had malware. I downloaded the version of you gave me and was able to connect and all the hacks that I added work but within 30 seconds into the match it crashes and I need to unplug the Wii U. I am playing Splatoon is this a issue or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by Sheeba-,
Trophies
XP
all the hacks that I added work but within 30 seconds into the match it crashes and I need to unplug the Wii U. I am playing Splatoon is this a issue or am I doing something wrong?
You most likely didnt do anything wrong, this can either be the case of an unstable code (Most Splatoon codes are pretty unstable) So just find a rhythm with what works for you - with Splatoon though be wary of codes like invincibility since they call a function that's not even supposed to be active and force it to stay, resulting in an unstable experience. The other thing that can cause a crash is the TCP Socket is suddenly interrupted by an unstable connection; dont worry about this and just try again

Also on a side note.. If you're cheating in Splatoon make sure to set your P to 0 indefinitely while you're playing or you'll get flagged by the anti-cheat.
I saw something that the new version had malware.
Incorrect - the version that had "Malware" was a false-positive from about a year ago. The newest version works/worked (for me atleast) without raising any flags - it's just set up in such a way that certain connection types refuse the TCP Connection. On another note I did completely disassemble the newest version down to bare elements and went through the utter pain of even looking at the ASM assembled - there's nothing that I found that was malicious although this could just be my copy.

Sheeba-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You most likely didnt do anything wrong, this can either be the case of an unstable code (Most Splatoon codes are pretty unstable) So just find a rhythm with what works for you - with Splatoon though be wary of codes like invincibility since they call a function that's not even supposed to be active and force it to stay, resulting in an unstable experience. The other thing that can cause a crash is the TCP Socket is suddenly interrupted by an unstable connection; dont worry about this and just try again

Also on a side note.. If you're cheating in Splatoon make sure to set your P to 0 indefinitely while you're playing or you'll get flagged by the anti-cheat.

Incorrect - the version that had "Malware" was a false-positive from about a year ago. The newest version works/worked (for me atleast) without raising any flags - it's just set up in such a way that certain connection types refuse the TCP Connection. On another note I did completely disassemble the newest version down to bare elements and went through the utter pain of even looking at the ASM assembled - there's nothing that I found that was malicious although this could just be my copy.
Alright thanks for the help I have one more question I am just wondering what do you mean by make sure to set your P to 0? I don't know what that is. I'm sorry for all the questions I just want it to work:)

Last edited by Sheeba-,
Trophies
XP
Alright thanks for the help I have one more question I am just wondering what do you mean by make sure to set your P to 0? I don't know what that is. I'm sorry for all the questions I just want it to work:)
P for Points or Paint, like in Turf War when you pain your P goes up. You should have a code labeled something like No Points, No Paint, Set Paint to 0 or Anti-Ban if not I'll also link it below

30000000 106E46E8
1D000000 29000000
31000000 000007F8
00120000 00000000
D0000000 DEADCAFE

Sheeba-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P for Points or Paint, like in Turf War when you pain your P goes up. You should have a code labeled something like No Points, No Paint, Set Paint to 0 or Anti-Ban if not I'll also link it below

30000000 106E46E8
1D000000 29000000
31000000 000007F8
00120000 00000000
D0000000 DEADCAFE
I will test it right now and let you know if it all works without crashing:P

Sheeba-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

30000000 106E46E8
1D000000 29000000
31000000 000007F8
00120000 00000000
D0000000 DEADCAFE
It works and doesn't crash thanks!

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anybody else getting a bluescreen seconds after starting the newest version of JGecko U?
I wish I could use the old version I still had lying around because I literally only need the assembler but apparently this is not within the realm of possibility :) Great design choice.

Raizel24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello guys im new in wii u Jailbreak. anyone have JGecko code for splatoon please? i try to run Jgecko and connect my wii u ip address but no code list apear. i hope anyone can help me thanks

Trophies
XP
Hello guys im new in wii u Jailbreak. anyone have JGecko code for splatoon please? i try to run Jgecko and connect my wii u ip address but no code list apear. i hope anyone can help me thanks

There's 3 Code Lists for Splatoon in the .zip I attatched below. If you want one to load automatically when connecting to the game, then put it into the codes folder named as AGME01.xml (Or whatever it says at the top of the window when you connect, for example if it said AUMJ88 you would rename the list you want to use to AUMJ88.xml) since it loads the Code Lists by ID.

Attachments

• SplatoonLists.zip
    32 KB · Views: 42

Raizel24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
There's 3 Code Lists for Splatoon in the .zip I attatched below. If you want one to load automatically when connecting to the game, then put it into the codes folder named as AGME01.xml (Or whatever it says at the top of the window when you connect, for example if it said AUMJ88 you would rename the list you want to use to AUMJ88.xml) since it loads the Code Lists by ID.
Ow yeahssssssss thanks boss for your help....

xoxo25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi I would need help I installed devkitpro adds the path of powerpc-eabi-as(C:devkitProdevkitPPCbinpowerpc-eabi-as.exe) but it does not work powerpc-eabi-as not found

aideniscool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1682208827950.png

When I try to connect to my Wii U, this keeps showing up. Can anybody help me with this?

Trophies
XP
View attachment 366597
When I try to connect to my Wii U, this keeps showing up. Can anybody help me with this?

Make sure your TCP Gecko is up to date.

Make sure your WIi U and PC are both on the same local network.

Make sure you're trying to connect using your WIi U's local IPv4 address

Make sure you're on a compatible CFW for TCP Gecko (recommended is Tiramisu).

Make sure your Windows Defender / Firewall allows TCP connection(s) to other devices.

One good way to test if the connection problem is tied to JGecko U specifically is by trying to connect to your Wii U via either an injector or a script and logging the output.

MarioBytes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious, if anyone can help me with an issue I am having with TCP Gecko on this thread:

I am trying to use TCP Gecko to connect a trainer for Smash 4.

I can start up TCP Gecko (choosing A option --> "Install TCP Gecko with built-in code handler"). I can even connect both a SSB4 trainer and J Gecko U to the Wii U before launching SSB4 Sm4sh.
My problem is as soon as I launch Smash 4 from the game disc, the system freezes on the title launch screen for the game. I have to hard reboot the Wii U after this. This freeze only occurs when I have 'activated' TCP Gecko from homebrew launcher.
I even tested it with option 2, press X for "Install TCP gecko with code handler and SD cheats") and I observe the same behavior -> system freeze on smash 4 title launch screen. Although, based on what I have read, this option shouldn't be used with smash 4.
Wii firmware: 5.5.6 (installed latest homebrew and tiramisu)
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 1.1.7 (NTSC North America)
Homebrew Launcher 1.5
TCP Gecko: 2.53 (also tried 2.52 downloaded from Homebrew app store, same effect).
JGecko U: Version 4.3.5 built 3/24/24

Some other anecdotes:
* I can run TCP Gecko, connect JGecko U, and Launch another game "Fifa Soccer 13" without issue.
* Super Mario 3D World --> Game gets past Launch Title Screen but goes to eternal black screen. Ironically, I can push the Home button to get back to the Wii Menu still.

MarioBytes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to resolve my issue by downgrading TCP gecko from version 2.53 to 2.5 (specifically to the patch that addressed a Smash 4 crash in late 2017).
Leaving that here in case it helps anyone else. Everything else worked great. Thanks a bunch for these tools.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto