Homebrew Jewel Warehouse: New Puzzle/Platform WIP

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps you could put in some sort of power-ups that would allow you to be come impervious for a short time to acid and enemies. Maybe the enemies could even die when touched?

EgoTrip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the suggestion but that's not what I planned for this game. Never say never, but I'm not entirely sure I will implement it.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
there isn't a level designed yet that is so hard that an invulnerability power-up would be required. when the game was faster paced it felt more challenging, and i guess some would say more difficult, to avoid the acid drops and guardians on some levels. but thanks to the tweaked speed of the gameplay and various elements, this is no longer an issue. it all comes down to simple gaming skills. either you have the skills to transverse the levels or you need to develop them. making the game easier would just hurt its integrity. it is a puzzle platformer, it shouldn't be so easy that you can just walk right through some parts.

-another world

EgoTrip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That was pretty much what I was thinking. I want it to be a puzzle platformer, not an action game. Thinking about how to overcome obstacles, rather than just blasting everything that moves.

Anyway I am working on it again today, so hopefully by the weekend I'll have it finished. Although Zelda A Link Between Worlds might have something to say about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.