Hacking Is your R4 stuck on "Loading..."?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
harryk said:
Yack! A friend of mine bought "R4 - III SDHC".

At least that's what's written on the package. It was delivered with an 8GB SDHC card, but every firmware on http://linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ produces the "Loading..." screen.

On the NDS module itself it says "R4-III", not "R4-III SDHC".
Is it possible they sent her a non-SDHC card with a SDHC card?

Did this happen to anyone of you?

It could be a bad card. As far as I know the R4-III is SDHC compatible, there's no non-SDHC only version. That's one of the problems of buying a clone, they're made really cheaply compared to a decent card.

QUOTE(mason_emu @ Dec 20 2008, 03:30 AM) My r4ds is stuck at loadin... i bought a new micro sd and still no luck,... its a real r4 and im using 1.18 cheat fix

What version of the R4 is it? It sounds like you're trying to use the official firmware on a clone card.

mason_emu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Help! Real R4DS PROBLEMS!!

I bought my R4DS from http://www.realhotstuff.com and I think its real. So I used it, then one time, my R4DS stopped working... It was stuck at Loading... I had a SanDisk 2gb Micro SD, and i bought a new Micro SD, 1GB Micro SD Duracell(7$ Canadian). Any help? And I reinstalled the kernel and no luck... Please help!

EDIT: And I formatted the Micro SD to FAT32, still no luck... Please reply...
I dont want to rebuy it...
AND IT WORKED BEFORE!! WITH THE OFFICAL FRIMWARE..

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mason_emu said:
Help! Real R4DS PROBLEMS!!

I bought my R4DS from http://www.realhotstuff.com and I think its real. So I used it, then one time, my R4DS stopped working... It was stuck at Loading... I had a SanDisk 2gb Micro SD, and i bought a new Micro SD, 1GB Micro SD Duracell(7$ Canadian). Any help? And I reinstalled the kernel and no luck... Please help!

EDIT: And I formatted the Micro SD to FAT32, still no luck... Please reply...
I dont want to rebuy it...
AND IT WORKED BEFORE!! WITH THE OFFICAL FRIMWARE..

WHY BUY AN R4 IN THE FIRST PLACE? JUST DON'T FUCKING BUY ONE. I CAN'T STRESS THAT ENOUGH.

EDIT: Since you already formatted and tried it out again, I can't really think why it wouldn't work. Also, getting an R4 from RHS doesn't mean it's real. A long time ago, Another world (A user) bought an R4 from them, but turns out, it was fake. They weren't aware that it was a fake, but it was.

EDIT2: I'm not saying RHS is bad or anything, but they can't have everything under control, and can't 100% guarentee something that's stopped in production.

FaRReR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got a problem (apologies).
My M3 Simply is stuck at the loading screen. I'm using the M3 Simply 1.14 FW from linfoxdomain.com
I've patched it with r4custom. I did this before.
I'm at my wits' end. I really hope it hasn't died on me.
I ran chkdsk on the MicroSD card. No errors.

Seriously, what's going on here?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like your card as died mate.
frown.gif
Have you tried running the firmware unpatched?

Tboy182

Trophies
XP
Country
This might be kinda irrelevant but I just got an R4 Pro and it's working fine and all but the themes completely suck.

I tried downloading other themes for the R4 and applying them but instead I got a screen filled with all this glitchy crap and it didn't appear properly.

It said on their site that r4 skins could be converted for use with the r4 pro using this file called "themeconvert.exe" but I couldn't find it anywhere in the firmware download.

Do you know how to fix this?

OllieD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just Thought Id Add That My R4-III Card Was Stuck On Loading With My 8GB Sandisk Ultra Mobile Class 6 Card.
After Formatting It With The Panasonic SD Formatting Tool It Now Works A Charm.
Heres A Link Panasonic SD Formatter

Regards,

OllieD
yaynds.gif

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey my N5 (r4 clone) is stuck on that loading screen so does anyone think these steps would work to fix it? or some other way to fix the N5?

paul

HarryOutback

Trophies
XP
Country
OllieD said:
Just Thought Id Add That My R4-III Card Was Stuck On Loading With My 8GB Sandisk Ultra Mobile Class 6 Card.
After Formatting It With The Panasonic SD Formatting Tool It Now Works A Charm.
Heres A Link Panasonic SD Formatter

Regards,

OllieD
yaynds.gif

Hi, 1st post...

Just bought a new R4SDHC and was getting stuck on the Loading screen, tried every firmware I could find from v1.21 to 1.25, tried the YSMenu... nothing worked. Then I formatted the card using the above application and...

Worked like a charm
gbasp.gif

Thank you very much, great help on this forum.

Gobe1

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi all
I just want to thank all who put me on the right track for getting the correct firmware
gbasp.gif

I brought a R4 3 upgrade from trademe in NZ and i guess they are a very clever knock off

The suck loading screen is now gone

EDIT: i have checked the fake page on r4dsl.net and i cannot tell if it is a fake , so my assumption is it is a real R4 :smile:

Thank you all
My daughter will be very pleased her new birthday present, it now works!!! So it will be a suprise
yay.gif

Thanks again

Leinhart98

Trophies
XP
Country
Im completly lost, im using an R4 deluxe and it just gets stuck on the loading screen, only this morning was it working but noo i had to update it,, this sucks:( ive used the update from the makers website downloaded the latest shiz 1.20 and it still gets stuck, its really getting to me, im using a 2gb kingston microsd and ive already re-downloaded the firmware from other sites formatted the sd card and did a handstand(the last one was just for giggles) but its still not working:( i have to go to my girlfriends parents for the weekend so i was relying on the ds ahhh can someone please please please help me!
btw ive tried different sd cards with the firmware but it dident work, tried different firmware with the card but still to no avail and i dont really want to use R4YSauto because i liked the working firmware:P

Beastx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok,
I got 3-4 R4DS cartridges from sky2k over a year and half ago.

Firmware 1.18 works fine, cept for some games not loading(star wars etc), i'm trying to update it but it sticks at loading screen error.

I've tried all those websites and those that offered firmware where used to no success.
I've used the sd formatter.
The SD cards are 2GB.
Version 1.18 will still work.

I can't for life of me figure out this ysmenu job.
I'm running vista 64 if it makes a difference.

Can someone please tell me what to do or send me an updated firmware that will work on my possibly original r4ds??

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I could have sworn i had a real R4SD suince the packet it came in hadall the info from the R4 website
did anyone else buy their R4 from sidder.nl? if so can they tell me if its an original or fake?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Gobe1 said:
EDIT: i have checked the fake page on r4dsl.net and i cannot tell if it is a fake , so my assumption is it is a real R4 :smile:

Nope, it's a fake sorry. the www.r4dsl.net site is run by a clone company which explains why they don't show theirs as a fake.

Leinhart98 said:
Im completly lost, im using an R4 deluxe and it just gets stuck on the loading screen, only this morning was it working but noo i had to update it,, this sucks:( ive used the update from the makers website downloaded the latest shiz 1.20 and it still gets stuck, its really getting to me, im using a 2gb kingston microsd and ive already re-downloaded the firmware from other sites formatted the sd card and did a handstand(the last one was just for giggles) but its still not working:( i have to go to my girlfriends parents for the weekend so i was relying on the ds ahhh can someone please please please help me!
btw ive tried different sd cards with the firmware but it dident work, tried different firmware with the card but still to no avail and i dont really want to use R4YSauto because i liked the working firmware:P

Your card could be dead. Try using the Panasonic SD formatter as suggested a few posts up, that seems to have fixed it for a couple of people.

QUOTE(Beastx @ Apr 10 2009, 06:29 PM)
Ok,
I got 3-4 R4DS cartridges from sky2k over a year and half ago.

Firmware 1.18 works fine, cept for some games not loading(star wars etc), i'm trying to update it but it sticks at loading screen error.

I've tried all those websites and those that offered firmware where used to no success.
I've used the sd formatter.
The SD cards are 2GB.
Version 1.18 will still work.

I can't for life of me figure out this ysmenu job.
I'm running vista 64 if it makes a difference.

Can someone please tell me what to do or send me an updated firmware that will work on my possibly original r4ds??

Your cards are probably real R4 cards, the last firmware for it was 1.18, the firmwares for the clone R4s won't work on it. Try running YSMenu that should solve alot of compatibility problems for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo