Hacking Question Is this possible? Switch Dual Output (Handheld and 2nd Display)

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless it's a physical limitation, I wonder if it would be possible to execute code to use the switch in handheld mode and output to a 2nd display simultaneously like the WiiU did. That would allow for streaming in handheld mode (which means streaming a future Super Mario Maker game for switch in handheld/touch screen/design mode)

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unless it's a physical limitation, I wonder if it would be possible to execute code to use the switch in handheld mode and output to a 2nd display simultaneously like the WiiU did. That would allow for streaming in handheld mode (which means streaming a future Super Mario Maker game for switch in handheld/touch screen/design mode)
Possible but won't happen

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For emulating DS maybe they could make it happen, who knows... Now for Switch games which already have a kinda big cutdown on the games it self to be able to achieve 30, 60 or somewhere close, having both working would probably make it run like a crap...

If its for streaming just do the best way possible just like jjbredesen said, use a hdmi splitter, they are cheap and you will be recording the highest quality available at docked clocks while being able to play freely on your TV\screen.

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For emulating DS maybe they could make it happen, who knows... Now for Switch games which already have a kinda big cutdown on the games it self to be able to achieve 30, 60 or somewhere close, having both working would probably make it run like a crap...

If its for streaming just do the best way possible just like jjbredesen said, use a hdmi splitter, they are cheap and you will be recording the highest quality available at docked clocks while being able to play freely on your TV\screen.
Wouldnt you be cluttered with cables then?

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not much of a hassle because after he is done with recording he can just simply unplug the hdmi for the capture card though he still would need 3 hdmi cables, but he can buy 2 small ones for the Switch dock to HDMI splitter and from the hdmi splitter to the TV making it kinda act like if it was a single bigger hdmi cable with just a small splitter in the middle and then the other he can use whatever size to reach the capture device\card...

Last edited by guily6669,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries