Hacking pc and android and mac don't recognise switch in rcm

windwards

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all,
(i have read many threads like this one and none have helped, and i have googled all error messages, to no avail)

i have a switch v1 (xaj4004017xxxx), 2usb cables that work for data and 1 usb otg adapter that can display contents of my usb stick on my android (alas the adapter works for data).

1) i use a paperclip to put the switch in rcm mode. i'm sure it's in rcm-mode because it won't switch on if i press or hold for a couple seconds the power-button. and because the connection-sound rings on the pc (see below)

2.1) if i connect switch and windows-pc with the switch on, there is no connection-sound on the pc, it doesn't show up on the pc and on the switch it shows that the switch is now charging. fine.

2.2) if i connect switch and pc with the switch in rcm-mode, the connection-sound rings on the pc, switch remains silent and black. that makes me convinced that my switch is in rcm. please CORRECT ME IF I'M MISTAKEN :bow:
i can find the switch in the device manager as 'unknown device' - NOT AS APX device :!:

- drivers are installed, several times :D

2.3) on tegrarcmGUI remains the red screen, it won't recognise the switch, despite the connection-sound having ringed and ringing again when i unplug the switch from the pc.
2.4) on ns-usbloader i can at least hit the button 'inject payload' - but says 'failed' after 1 or 2 seconds. switch remains black.

4) on android: nothing happens, neither on NXLoader nor Rekado. i have injected a payload to a switch before with Rekado, but i don't remember if it was on this phone or a friend's phone :-/
so i don't know if my phone or its usbport could recognise a switch/ a switch in rcm.

5) on mac: i tried fusee-launcher-1.0 on the terminal. python3, pyusb are installed, i think libusb as well. i couldn't install ktinker because terminal said nothing with this name has been found.
whether i plug in the switch powered on or in rcm, the mac doesn't play any sound. the fusee-launcher output is: "No TegraRCM device found?"

---> all usb ports are USB2.0 - would a USB3.0 be necessary to inject a payload??
---> my android phone is micro-usb. would USB-C be required on a android device too??

i've done the whole process before, on 2 pcs and one phone, the pcs were different than mine and probably newer. as i wrote above i don't remember whether the phone was mine or a friend's device (possibly newer than mine)
back then it was a different switch.

in a different thread it was suggested that the problem could be the usbport of the switch, yet mine gets the pc to ring a 'device-conntected' sound- does that mean my switch's usbport is fine.

god i hope it's just that i'd have to find a pc with usb3.0... even though i didn't read it nowhere in the requirements. :unsure:

any help is very welcome.

windwards

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow this.
thanks for the hint, i actually hadn't seen that thread yet.
even though i wondered, how am i gonna inject biskeydump.bin if tegrarcmgui doesn't recognise my switch?

when i clicked 'list all devices' in zadig there was no apx-device, just 'unknown device'.

any more ideas, anyone? how can i confirm my switch is in rcm-mode? the screen's black and remains black when plugging into pc, mac or android phone. when i had the switch in what i consider to be rcm-mode for a couple of hours and got it out (long pressing the power button) then the battery was considerably emptier than before - another fact that tells me the rcm-mode was correct.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the hint, i actually hadn't seen that thread yet.
even though i wondered, how am i gonna inject biskeydump.bin if tegrarcmgui doesn't recognise my switch?

when i clicked 'list all devices' in zadig there was no apx-device, just 'unknown device'.

any more ideas, anyone? how can i confirm my switch is in rcm-mode? the screen's black and remains black when plugging into pc, mac or android phone. when i had the switch in what i consider to be rcm-mode for a couple of hours and got it out (long pressing the power button) then the battery was considerably emptier than before - another fact that tells me the rcm-mode was correct.

Switch use libusbk so check for that for hidden device and use zadig to troubleshoot. Try different cable, port.

derpton89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You need libusbk as mentioned above, you can use zadig to troubleshoot.

That doesn't work for me. When I connect the switch to my PC in RCM mode, there is no APX device shown in device manager. In fact there is no new device at all. It doesn't seem like a driver issue as it would normally detect SOMETHING being connected to the computer under device manager.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't work for me. When I connect the switch to my PC in RCM mode, there is no APX device shown in device manager. In fact there is no new device at all. It doesn't seem like a driver issue as it would normally detect SOMETHING being connected to the computer under device manager.

Try different cable/different usb port.

derpton89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Follow @impeeza 's guide.

The guide does need the APX device to be shown for zadig to install the drivers. APX device is not detected by my computer when I connect to USB port.

if you console is not shown, try another cable, another port and even other pc.

Trust me when I say this, I have tried 7 different USB data cables, 2 of them were brand new and one being the new nintendo cable that came with my girlfriend's console.

I did create a thread here earlier today but didn't get any replies, I have specified all the details in there: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-booting-into-ofw-but-not-detecting-rcm.643408/

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide does need the APX device to be shown for zadig to install the drivers. APX device is not detected by my computer when I connect to USB port.

Trust me when I say this, I have tried 7 different USB data cables, 2 of them were brand new and one being the new nintendo cable that came with my girlfriend's console.

I did create a thread here earlier today but didn't get any replies, I have specified all the details in there: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-booting-into-ofw-but-not-detecting-rcm.643408/

Maybe your damaged your port, that it is only charging not reading data when plugging into computer.

Reactions: impeeza

derpton89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
did you tried you console on different PC, because if everything fails could be a hardware damage on your console.

I have tried 3 different computers.

Maybe your damaged your port, that it is only charging not reading data when plugging into computer.

Is there a way to check it? And if it is indeed the case, is there a way to fix it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto