Nintendo Switch OLED no display on Handheld mode

supertaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, i have a previously (tried) repaired switch oled with changed FPC Module, but was missoldered and the pins wasn't right aligned. Obviously no display. On dock the console can be used and played, charge in dock mode. I've changed the FPC and soldered well aligned and still no display and no touch on the handheld mode. The display/touch works well because i've tried it with another motherboard. I've looked for schematics for the oled and nothing. Has anyone had the same problem? Any ideas?

2023_1203_051033_023.JPG

2023_1203_051138_024.JPG

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Recheck your pins if they have solid connection. You need to go over them one by one. Also check inside the connection if there's missing pins.

supertaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Recheck your pins if they have solid connection. You need to go over them one by one. Also check inside the connection if there's missing pins.
Hi. I've already done that. The FPC connector is new and have a solid connection. There's no video ic or touch ic?

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hi. I've already done that. The FPC connector is new and have a solid connection. There's no video ic or touch ic?
I think your problem is your connector. Could be your diode or you driver but I doubt it. These chips are on the opposite side sitting below the eMMC.

supertaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
COMPARE your connector pin diode reading when LCD flex connected.
RED PROB on GROUND
Thank you! I'm going to check the console.
Post automatically merged:

I think your problem is your connector. Could be your diode or you driver but I doubt it. These chips are on the opposite side sitting below the eMMC.
The fpc? It's new. I have another, but I don't think that's the problem. How can i test that diode or driver?

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I don't have board view files but this website with the board layer pictures might be helpful :
http://balika011.hu/switch/lite/
(this site loads in Chrome; in other browsers the keys might not work)

With a multimeter in diode mode you should get the approximate values that are in the picture that @jkyoho just sent.

Did it work before you got it for repairs ?
The (previous) owner might have broken something else or knocked of some other component.
I see some big scratches on the last picture so that is usually not a good sign.
And inspection of the board might reveal some other missing components.

One silly trick is to push down on the connector with moderate force.
Careful not to damage anything by pressing too hard.
Also check with a flashlight if the LCD is working and maybe the backlight is failing.
If you see some blackish glow then your backlight is working.

Last edited by thesjaakspoiler,

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Thank you! I'm going to check the console.

The fpc? It's new. I have another, but I don't think that's the problem. How can i test that diode or driver?
New doesn't mean its clear from fault. I do believe your FPC connection is at fault here. But in case your components are faulty you can check the diode values of these against a good board. This is the driver ic responsible for display.

Attachments

• display.jpg
    display.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: supertaco

supertaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't have board view files but this website with the board layer pictures might be helpful :
http://balika011.hu/switch/lite/
(this site loads in Chrome; in other browsers the keys might not work)

With a multimeter in diode mode you should get the approximate values that are in the picture that @jkyoho just sent.

Did it work before you got it for repairs ?
The (previous) owner might have broken something else or knocked of some other component.
I see some big scratches on the last picture so that is usually not a good sign.
And inspection of the board might reveal some other missing components.

One silly trick is to push down on the connector with moderate force.
Careful not to damage anything by pressing too hard.
Also check with a flashlight if the LCD is working and maybe the backlight is failing.
If you see some blackish glow then your backlight is working.

it wasn't working when i got it. I still doesn't check the values bcause i need sharper tips for the multimeter (or sharpen mine). The previos owner surely broke something and i need to check it. I bought for a couple of bucks because the previos owner thought that it wasnt working, but it does in dock mode. About the scratches, the line isn't broken. The console is a OLED, so it hasn't backlight. Thank you for your help!

Update: I tested the LCD with the multimeter, and compared with the values that jkyoho told me. They are the same or the variation is very low. I'm going to order some of this from Ali and see if it gets fixed.

1705084286441.png

Last edited by supertaco,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol