Is there any NES emulator that can run multicarts?

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by supergamer368, Jul 20, 2018.

1. supergamer368
    OP

supergamer368 good at something

May 22, 2016
    United States
    Does anybody read locations?
    I'm trying to run a multicart file with the name "100-in-1 Arcade Action II (AT-103)(Unl)[!].nes" I've tried several different NES emulators and they all tell me "unsupported mapper." No idea which mapper it is, but if anyone has any input on this, I'd really like to look at some fabulous bootlegs.

2. Hi-Dro

Hi-Dro GBAtemp Regular

Jun 29, 2016
    What have you tried so far ?

Can you PM a link to the rom file ?

Last edited by Hi-Dro, Jul 20, 2018
  3. supergamer368
    OP

May 22, 2016
    United States
    nestopia, fceux, some other thing i can’t remember, I think it started with an m.. i’ll have to send the rom tomorrow, it’s late now where i am.

4. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N can't think of anything creative to put here

Jun 7, 2016
    Antarctica
    Hell
    Maybe you could try the various Retroarch cores and see if something sticks?

Also, don't ask or provide ROM links, even in PMs. That violates the rules of the site.

5. supergamer368
    OP

May 22, 2016
    United States
    Isn’t it okay if the rom doesn’t have copyright? Or maybe not the multicart because there might be dupes of copyrighted games in it? idk.

6. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Your first point: It's most likely copyrighted itself (and nobody would care because enforcing it would be admitting to having distributed pirated games)
    Your second point: yes, it contains copyrighted games (or mods of them)

As for the original question, you indeed must figure out the mapper number (it's in the header of the rom, if all else fails you can open the .nes in a hex editor and send a picture of the first lines), and from there find out a compatible emulator (which may or may not exist)

supergamer368 likes this.
  7. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Update: found the rom and had a look at it, and not only it's in UNIF format instead of the more common iNES (so it doesn't have a mapper number in the traditional meaning, and the format itself isn't supported by every emulator) but it appears to be an OneBus game, not a NES/Famicom one!

"UNL-OneBus" is the UNIF mapper "number", if you want to do some research :)

Last edited by Ryccardo, Jul 20, 2018
    supergamer368 likes this.
  8. supergamer368
    OP

May 22, 2016
    United States
    Huh, wasn’t even aware that roms could be like that. That makes my chances if finding a way to emulate it very slim, but thanks for figuring all that out anyway :)