Homebrew is there an Volume Management homebrew?

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
I cant solder. And I know nobody who can to that. ‍♂️

But I think it is not needed.
It has a connector.
GeZOKfODbKMTrHmk.medium

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
how does this work?

This works on [DATA EXPUNGED]

If you can read code, then here is how I do it: [REDACTED]

Submit it to the developers?

No. Considering that I didn't get credit for my blue light filter, I won't submit this one.

It has a connector.

My new3DSXL has the slider inside the screen assembly. I doubt anyone wants to take the screen assembly apart, considering how painful it is to reassemble the 3DS.

Last edited by Sono,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It has a connector.
It's not that easy on the 2DS models. Soldering is required.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/n2ds-xl-volume-slider-repair.531757/

My new3DSXL has the slider inside the screen assembly. I doubt anyone wants to take the screen assembly apart, considering how painful it is to reassemble the 3DS.
Horrible. On the old 3DS models it is an easy fix.
2DS models →soldering
new 3DS models →upper screen assembly; NOO!

Anyway: Amazing work! Software workaround for failed hardware.

Reactions: Sono

freeman292

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just wanted to say thanks a lot for this.
I actually disassembled the new3dsxl but I ended up breaking the original case. I was rash enough to put the new one on before replacing the slider hardware... dumb decision.

thanks again.

PS: I know that it's shitty you didn't get credit before and it is a shame that a lot of people wont profit from such genius :) because of selfish idiots.

ewozniakx86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the delay, it's hard to work on 22month old (2017/08/29) code in the heatwave.

Usage:
SELECT - exit
UP/DOWN - change the volume in 1/64 steps
LEFT - change volume to 0
RIGHT - change volume to 0F / 1F / 2F / 3F / 40 (100%)
L+R - pause music
X/Y - speed up / slow down music

Every time you start this prorgam, it resets your volume to 0, so you don't get blasted again by the loud menu music in case your slider got stuck on a high volume.

Meaning of the text:
- SET: this is what percentage you plan on setting your volume to
- VOL: the first value should be as close to the SET value as much as possible
- VOL: the second value is what value your slider is stuck at; if you can still move your volume slider, try to place it into the 40 to C0 range for maximum adjustment possibilities
- RNG: these are the raw values used for generating the raw VOL value
- OUT: the actual volume outputted by the hardware, should be as close as possible to SET

Downloads:
- without music: https://puu.sh/DNg3S/244c03044a.cia
- with music: https://puu.sh/DNg1e/805d7a95dc.cia
thanks my 2ds volume is broken and it was set to the loudest settings

Reactions: Deleted User

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

binarymelon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Sono Sorry to bump this, but there's no way to get you to reconsider opening a PR for Luma to get this added to the Rosalina menu is there?

Regardless, thanks so much for creating this. It's incredibly useful. Given that the 3DS is EOL using this is definitely preferable to making any hardware modifications to my 2DS XL at this point.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
@Sono Sorry to bump this, but there's no way to get you to reconsider opening a PR for Luma to get this added to the Rosalina menu is there?

Regardless, thanks so much for creating this. It's incredibly useful. Given that the 3DS is EOL using this is definitely preferable to making any hardware modifications to my 2DS XL at this point.

There is a Luma fork which I'll support with my code, but so far I haven't yet found time to get in contact with the maintainer. It should happen eventually, I hope.

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
There is a Luma fork which I'll support with my code, but so far I haven't yet found time to get in contact with the maintainer. It should happen eventually, I hope.
Wow, amazing, big thanks for keeping this in mind. I use that fork and it's perfect, any stuff you can add to it will be highly appreciated.

Tbh I don't understand why the heck would somebody not receive proper credit for his own work. Total nonsense. Keep doing great things as you always do!

Nutez

Assimilator of Lumas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sono did kindly send me his code and I eventually got around to integrating it. Pick up the latest release and you will be able to adjust your volume mid-game via the Rosalina menu :) .

3DGE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the delay, it's hard to work on 22month old (2017/08/29) code in the heatwave.

Usage:
SELECT - exit
UP/DOWN - change the volume in 1/64 steps
LEFT - change volume to 0
RIGHT - change volume to 0F / 1F / 2F / 3F / 40 (100%)
L+R - pause music
X/Y - speed up / slow down music

Every time you start this prorgam, it resets your volume to 0, so you don't get blasted again by the loud menu music in case your slider got stuck on a high volume.

Meaning of the text:
- SET: this is what percentage you plan on setting your volume to
- VOL: the first value should be as close to the SET value as much as possible
- VOL: the second value is what value your slider is stuck at; if you can still move your volume slider, try to place it into the 40 to C0 range for maximum adjustment possibilities
- RNG: these are the raw values used for generating the raw VOL value
- OUT: the actual volume outputted by the hardware, should be as close as possible to SET
On a n3ds xl, I don't have all 64 volume levels. I used this on my 2DS, and I got all 64 volume levels from the slider. Is there any way to fix this issue?

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
On a n3ds xl, I don't have all 64 volume levels. I used this on my 2DS, and I got all 64 volume levels from the slider. Is there any way to fix this issue?

Somewhere the text got lost, but I said that you must make sure to center the slider as much as possible to get the most range.
So for example if you only snapped off the volume slider, but it still works, then use a toothpick or something else pointy to center it as much as possible (try to get the raw value to be between 0x42 and 0xBE).

Sadly it's not yet known how to adjust the volume without reprogramming the MCU.

3DGE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somewhere the text got lost, but I said that you must make sure to center the slider as much as possible to get the most range.
So for example if you only snapped off the volume slider, but it still works, then use a toothpick or something else pointy to center it as much as possible (try to get the raw value to be between 0x42 and 0xBE).

Sadly it's not yet known how to adjust the volume without reprogramming the MCU.
I only have like 5 or 6 volume options when I slide the slider to certain positions. anything higher than FB, FC, or FD is FF. My volume slider works just fine, but I got the configuration with volume or something messed up when I was using Shutterbug2000's NTR corrupter plugin. I got a MK7 corruption so loud that I could hear it with the volume slider all the way down. I can confirm that it isn't a hardware issue though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44