What can/can't a hacked Switch do

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just trying to get a bead on what the benefits are to a hacked Switch. Specifically I would like to know:

- is it possible to have button remappings tied to specific games (as opposed to having to manually change or disable it each time you decide to play something else)

- is it possible to change volume another way

- and lastly, what new brightness options are there

(For example it might be neat if you could have it so the volume buttons changes brightness instead)

Oh, and whether it's possible to import SwSh progress from an unhacked Switch but I'm guessing you can't right? If not, oh well.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
is it possible to have button remappings tied to specific games (as opposed to having to manually change or disable it each time you decide to play something else)
No.
is it possible to change volume another way
No.
and lastly, what new brightness options are there
(For example it might be neat if you could have it so the volume buttons changes brightness instead)
There are none.

You have really peculiar expectations, like I never heard of before about changing volume another way (you have physical buttons and slider in home menu, what you expect more than this?). Nobody complained about lack of physical buttons for brightness when it's available after pressing home button longer.

Reactions: Blythe93 and nWo

zeello

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well in that case I have absolutely no reason to bother w switch cfw. At least not until the day I learn to program and contribute my own add-ons. (or bribe someone to do it for me, lol)

zeello

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But technically isn't what I was asking for homebrew?

from what I understand homebrew includes things like being able to use a Playstation controller, or custom themes. Those aren't games, they are just things that add functionality, so it literally falls under the same category as things that brightness and volume, and button remapping.

Reactions: emcintosh

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It should be possible to just transfer any savegame directly from switch to switch, as long as you can connect online, either via nso cloud backup if supported, or via the other build in transfer feature.

If you don't plan to pirate or use other types of nsps or xcis (so no own backups or homebrew in this format either), you can also normally go online while using CFW.
I'm only in CFW for years by now, while normally playing games like splatoon 2/3, since Atmosphere is bulid to be used online in the first place.

CFW also has some useful features, like using slightly higher CPU and GPU clocks (or oven actual overclocking) for less frame drops and streaming the audio and screen to other devices and much more, some of which you probably saw already.

The features you asked for should be possible to be implemented, as far as I know , but don't think anyone did it yet.

Also keep in mind, that if you keep you switch on or in standby all the time (like when having it docked) you also only need to bother about coldbooting every now and then when you fully turn it of or run fully out of battery.
With autorcm you can then just use your phone or pc to inject it directly when you connect the switch.

Reactions: Blythe93 and zeello

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My unit isn't banned yet. So, I often need to swap between SysMMC and EmuMMC.
To add to what M7L7NK7 said, you can use overlays like fastCFWswitch or studious-pancake to make it much more comfortable to switch between emunand, sysnand and hekates sd mode.
But you will need to use syscfw for it, but unless you change some weird settings, that's not a problem, but you need to make sure prodinfo blanking it not enabled on the sysnand, and that you don't install any nsps/xcis on the sysnand.

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto