1. Nutez

OP Nutez Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I've been tinkering with a "custom" Luma build that has a few extra features added in. You can find it here with links and credit to any sources. It was sensibly suggested that I create a new thread for discussion/questions to avoid going off-topic in other threads (@BETA215). However, since I can't think of a good thread name: I thought I'd make it very generic and see if other people have their own builds to discuss too :P. Thanks and I will aim to update this post with better advice on using the features from feedback and questions.

Digi_Ohhh and jelbo like this.
  2. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

United States
    By any chance does this work with both ctgp-7 and the project restoration mod for majoras mask 3d? Last time i checked the luma3ds that downloads from loading ctgp-7 causes project restoration to crash.

3. playsaves3

playsaves3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    how do I use this?

4. dwain12435

dwain12435 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This build contains some issues, but if you are sure you want to use it, you can go to this page and download the ZIP file. Then put the "boot.firm" from the ZIP file to the root of your 3DS's SD Card, overwriting the previous one.

Last edited by dwain12435, Sep 14, 2020
  5. jelbo

jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
    Yay, my favorite build got an update! Thanks for this.

I'm new to .cxi files and where to get those, but I'll figure it out.

Where do we place the default .3gx plugin again?

6. Nutez

OP Nutez Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Ehm, I can't actually test that but it should still work with the Restoration mod. CTGP-7, probably not since I think it looks for a specific version of Luma?

"default.3gx" goes in the "/luma/plugins" directory.

cvskid and jelbo like this.
  7. PabloMK7

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^
    Developer

Spain
    I can make it compatible in a new update, but just keep in mind that if you build a new .firm it will break compatibility again. (So better to make sure you won't be building a new .firm in some time.)

Nutez and jelbo like this.
  8. jelbo

jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
    It works with Project Restoration. CTGP-7 not yet, I have asked @PabloMK7 to change the hard check for a specific Luma3DS build.

Thanks!

cvskid and Nutez like this.
  9. Stolen

Stolen Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Or maybe is better to fix all the issues this luma mod has then make the update which is more logical.

10. Nutez

OP Nutez Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    That would be very cool, thanks! I guess it should wait until the kinks are worked out though.
    Sure, I'd be happy to, but don't have a list of issues yet :/. There was a point raised about missing the maximum "luminance" level but that actually seems to have been a bug fix picked up from the official Luma repo. I also wasn't able to get it building in release mode so there's still a debug menu item... Please let me know of any bugs or poor explanations of things.

jelbo likes this.
  11. Stolen

Stolen Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    I just said bugs because dwain12435 said it contains some issues, I really did not tested this yet but I will.

If it has some issues I suppose it will be better to fix them first instead making pablo work twice in the same thing, just my opinion

cheers

Nutez likes this.
  12. jelbo

jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
    The only thing I have had is then I have enabled the Plugin loader with the default.3gx plugin (CTRPlugin 0.6.0 beta I believe, from Nanquitas' discord channel) and loaded it with a game it works fine, but when I start another game, chances are it will crash.

13. PabloMK7

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^
    Developer

Spain
    You will need to provide a crash screen as well as the games you used.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Unofficial, discussion, build