Homebrew Is there a homebrew Media Player for the wii U?

DeathGrind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my Wii U a few days ago. Finished setting it up with Haxchi, and various homebrew apps. I've been looking for awhile now with no luck for a media player to play some video files. Only thing i can find is media players for the wii. Is there no media player available as of yet?

Thanks

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While you wait for a madia player to be released, Amazon Fire TV Stick is $40 and you can install Kodi to it, money well spent if you ask me.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nvidia shield TV, also money well spent. :P

But no i don't think one exist yet, least not one that isn't built into the web browser. You need a web server for that. Unless you got a mobile device like android or ios, you can use some apps to create one and browse system with to play those videos. There is one i use on android called wifi transfer which does just that, it can play the videos on the device using the network with the wii u web browser.

DeathGrind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well Thanks for all the info. I have multiple Android STB's, Kodi boxes, plex servers, and raspberry pi 3 boxes set up as media centers all over the place. Just thought it would be nice to have something similar on the wii u also, without the need for plex in the web browser

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay