1. DeathGrind

OP DeathGrind Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Just got my Wii U a few days ago. Finished setting it up with Haxchi, and various homebrew apps. I've been looking for awhile now with no luck for a media player to play some video files. Only thing i can find is media players for the wii. Is there no media player available as of yet?

Thanks

2. jbuck1975

jbuck1975 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  3. brienj

brienj Trying to avoid getting cancer

United States
    Not yet ...

rw-r-r_0644 likes this.
  4. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

United States
    While you wait for a madia player to be released, Amazon Fire TV Stick is $40 and you can install Kodi to it, money well spent if you ask me.

5. QuarkTheAwesome

QuarkTheAwesome Working for Hugs

Australia
    If you want to play uncompressed video files at a forced 60x45 resolution (8x integer scaling) at 2fps with audio stored in a separate file (not implemented yet); have I got an app for you!

6. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Nvidia shield TV, also money well spent. :P

But no i don't think one exist yet, least not one that isn't built into the web browser. You need a web server for that. Unless you got a mobile device like android or ios, you can use some apps to create one and browse system with to play those videos. There is one i use on android called wifi transfer which does just that, it can play the videos on the device using the network with the wii u web browser.

7. DeathGrind

OP DeathGrind Member
    Newcomer

United States
    well Thanks for all the info. I have multiple Android STB's, Kodi boxes, plex servers, and raspberry pi 3 boxes set up as media centers all over the place. Just thought it would be nice to have something similar on the wii u also, without the need for plex in the web browser

Thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - homebrew, Player, Media