Hacking Is the M3 card reader the same as the R4 one?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does the Simply come with the same card readers that the R4 comes with? With all the talk about the high failure rate of the R4 card reader I'm wondering if I should just get an SD reader before my Simply shows up.

darksavior

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes it does. i have the simply and a friend has the r4. it would be fine if the damn thing wouldn't lock up Explorer every once in a while. face it ,it's just shitty chinese crap

brins0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
brins0net.homeip.net
XP
Country
yes it does. i have the simply and a friend has the r4. it would be fine if the damn thing wouldn't lock up Explorer every once in a while. face it ,it's just shitty chinese crap

Am I the only person on the planet that's had no problem with my card in FAT32 mode, and have had no problems with the included MicroSD card reader? All the reports i've read of faults, an i've had none of them at all...

Corsair 512MB MicroSD card
M3 DS Simply
Included Card Reader
White DS Lite

Have I found the perfect combination or something ?!?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FAT32 is probably just fine in almost every case, it's just slightly slower than FAT, so if your SD card is just barely too slow for a game in FAT32 it might be fast enough in FAT.

Judging by the poll in the R4 forum about 25% of people are having problems with the card reader. I don't want to deal with those odds when I can avoid it for $5.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FAT32 supports volumes larger than 2 gigabytes, and has smaller allocation units (clusters) than FAT.

The advantage of the smaller allocation units is less wasted space per file; it can make a huge difference on a hard disk with 30,000 files on it, not so much on a microSD card with 100 files.

The disadvantage is that smaller allocation units means more allocation units, which makes the File Allocation Table larger and more time consuming for the system to deal with. That's why FAT is faster than FAT32.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...