Hacking Is my friend being conned?

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow wtf,
Also he shouldn't re-risking the brick chance after installing mod chip for installing illegal wads witch are brickable...

So you could see it in his first response he is scamming
ohmy.gif
what a noob!
I'm sorry for your friend...

Tell us his Internet site etc bla bla so we know... we should not send / bring our wii's there for HARD modding... (mod chip)

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
meh, in my mind a wii will always be valued/worth +$200, even when the market says they're only worth 50...thats why I have so many dreamcasts, 30ish bucks for something worth 100+ to me, good deal. not like they go bad. so long as you have single triwing you can fix basically anything that shows any wear and tear..

samagon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
meh, in my mind a wii will always be valued/worth +$200, even when the market says they're only worth 50...thats why I have so many dreamcasts, 30ish bucks for something worth 100+ to me, good deal. not like they go bad. so long as you have single triwing you can fix basically anything that shows any wear and tear..

I noticed that the laser tends to be the predominant problem in older disc based consoles. Granted in most cases a little tweaking can remedy the situation, but sometimes you need to replace the entire laser assembly. No matter how much i tweak my PlayStation's laser it can barely read my backups. My Saturn and Dreamcasts have also been giving me some minor problems lately but nothing as bad as my PSX. But anyway i think that owning more than 2 of any console is overkill unless they are limited edition collectibles. Gawd i want one of those "this is cool" translucent Saturns though.

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBlaster said:
Off topic, But you know something funny, i could install the CIOSCORP and pass my wii off has Mod-chiped and sell it and make Money. Not that i would do that?? $$$$
smile.gif

Step 1: Install cIOS rev7

Step 2: Install CIOSCORP

Step 3: ???????????????

Step 4: Profit!!!!!!

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
Don,

Why not just open up your mate's wii console and have a look?

Did your friend happen to buy it from SLS in Singapore?

Heard alot of bad reviews.

donchen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Thanks for everyone's feedback and comment.

Basically my friend bought it for about SGDS$650 (Singapore currency) while a normal original wii would have cost only about say.....SGD$400 - SGD$500 (Depends on what is bundled)?

He told my friend its both soft modded and hard modded. We pursued the issue and the seller said that he needs to check with his supplier and he is doesn't know about this...

I think he is trying to delay time and i am going to see what we can do...

donchen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
ashesburn said:
Don,

Why not just open up your mate's wii console and have a look?

Did your friend happen to buy it from SLS in Singapore?

Heard alot of bad reviews.

I did suggest to him to open up but he is a bit relunctant. But if it doesn't read backups through disc channel, I am pretty sure its not hard modded...

Ahh, yes... he did. You are a Singapore based in UK or ?

That place is HORRENDOUS... Its like the I.T center for Singapore and with that reputation, tons of people go there to buy computer parts and consoles. If you are not familiar or did not read up before buying, i am very sure you are gonna get ripped off by the people there.

Honestly speaking, when they try to sell you stuff, they will see how much you know. If they realised that you are ignorant, ...... they will definitely con you...

Just my 2 cents worth...

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
donchen said:
I did suggest to him to open up but he is a bit relunctant. But if it doesn't read backups through disc channel, I am pretty sure its not hard modded...

Ahh, yes... he did. You are a Singapore based in UK or ?

That place is HORRENDOUS... Its like the I.T center for Singapore and with that reputation, tons of people go there to buy computer parts and consoles. If you are not familiar or did not read up before buying, i am very sure you are gonna get ripped off by the people there.

Honestly speaking, when they try to sell you stuff, they will see how much you know. If they realised that you are ignorant, ...... they will definitely con you...

Just my 2 cents worth...

Yes I am! Enjoying the "nice" weather in London at the moment.
nyanya.gif

Ah no wonder. He should have done research beforehand. No matter where you are in the world, it's always best do some reading up before buying. Whether it's a house, a car, or simply a gaming console.
smile.gif

Good Luck to your friend in trying to settle this issue. It's not going to be easy I can tell you that.
wink2.gif

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
Haha...good luck then!

Do a search if you need guides in opening.

Search for XCM. They have guides on their website I believe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1