Hacking Is my friend being conned?

donchen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi guys,

I am average follower in this forum and has limited knowledge on the hacking of wii. The below situation is what happened to my friend and i would just like to clarify things for him.

Recently, he bought a new set of wii (Running on 3.2U). He was told that it was hard modded (Modchip is unknown) and also soft modded with SOFTCHIP. He was told by the seller that he can only load games via the softchip channel which i find it very weird. Everytime my friend tries to load a backup, it always show the "?" error in the disc channel whereas he can load fine on the softchip channel.

I own a wii myself and i have D2CKey installed. And i can load my backup via disc channel and also gamma 0.3 with no problems.

So now the question is, could it be his Wii set is the newer version of wii set that no modchip can be installed on? Or is the seller just bullshitting his way? Seeing how advance the modchip development is, I think it is impossible to have NO modchip that is compatible with the wii and my guess is that the seller is bullshitting.

He did ask the seller why he can't load the backup via disc channel and the seller's response was "There are different kinds of wii set and yours is the newer ones so it gotta load the backup this way via the softchip channel".

Sounds lame...

Thanks for your help guys.

Don

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even with the new drives dubbed 'd2nothing', there are modchips that can still be used.

Your friend got conned if the seller actually told him it's got a modchip that can only be used with Softchip...

All the seller did was install the TPHack, toss on the cIOS's, and put the Softchip channel on...

I'd tell the seller he either put a real modchip in, or your calling Nintendo and snitchin on him for selling a modded Wii.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Off topic, But you know something funny, i could install the CIOSCORP and pass my wii off has Mod-chiped and sell it and make Money. Not that i would do that?? $$$$
smile.gif

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
donchen said:
Ok, just checked. The guy said that its a D2Pro modchip...

If it was a D2Pro it would boot from the disc channel.

You can always report the guy to nintendo for trying to defraud their product (aside from being a lying douchebag)

Softchip is for those of us terrified of opening their wii.

Go for the throat.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mark McDonut said:
donchen said:

You can always report the guy to nintendo for trying to defraud their product (aside from being a lying douchebag)

Go for the throat.

LOL and what would you tell Nintendo, Ex, That i was buying a mod-chip so i could pirate your games, When i got ripped off.So i would like to report this guy.
smile.gif

samagon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBlaster said:
Mark McDonut said:
donchen said:

Go for the throat.

LOL and what would you tell Nintendo, Ex, That i was buying a mod-chip so i could pirate your games, When i got ripped off.So i would like to report this guy.
smile.gif
You could call in an anonymous tip to Nintendo. Personally i have a problem with snitching so I'd just take matters into my own hands.

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
thats harsh man...i can expect to see CORPCIOS or even cSM or whatever arises from the latest developments in disc channel loading been sold as hard mods in the months to come...

btw nice 2 see a fella scouser in here at last lol

happyxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im agreeing with everyone here saying that you modchip WOULD most indefinately play backups. Seeing as u cant... i would call it SCAMMING =]

franky86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
open it up and look for the modchip, if its not there, he ripped your friend off.

how much did he pay, if he paid more than retail price he got ripped off.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you pay more than 20 dollars for a softmod, done correctly for you, youre getting ripped off.

So, price of system 230-250, so a "softmodded" system should be 270 at most....I would pay 300 for a chipped system, if I didnt have one already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass