Hardware Is my 3ds bricked?

Gregcamhon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I've had my 3ds softmodded for a few years and hadn't used it in a few months. Today I went to start it up. At first it wouldn't turn on at all which I put down to it not having enough power so I left it to charge. Now whenever I turn it on the blue light comes on for a few seconds and then goes off and then when I press it again the blue light stays on and I can't turn it off. The screens aren't lit at all and are black and the 3d light and wifi light don't come on either. It will always turn on for a few seconds the first time and then get stuck and won't turn off the second time until I remove the battery.

I've tried removing the battery and that is the only way to turn it off every second time I turn it on.

I've tried doing the recovery buttons while starting it up but it doesn't change a thing.

I've tried taking the sd card out.

I have yet to open it up and check the wifi chips not screwy.

I'm just wondering if anyones heard of this or been in a similar situation who can tell me whether it's fixable or not.

Thanks in advance peeps

Alex4U

i like pancakes
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
I think you bricked your console.
Give me some info about your console, like version, New or Old, Custom Fimware? and that things. also, make sure you have at the least a NAND Backup if you did something wrong to your 3DS, like installing something, harmodding, etc.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Seems to me that you either have the Wifi card loose or you have a really outdated softmod installation.
Do you remember which system version you had installed? Did you used Gateway /and/or AL9H?

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your best options (IF THIS IS A BRICK) (and if you cannot hardmode) is to buy a powersave and wait for ntrboothax (+ flashcard compatibility list)
Then using ctrtransfer, recover your 3ds...
I think you bricked your console.
Give me some info about your console, like version, New or Old, Custom Fimware? and that things. also, make sure you have at the least a NAND Backup if you did something wrong to your 3DS, like installing something, harmodding, etc.

No need for a NAND backup just a ctrtransfer file that anyone with a d9wip 3ds (same model/region...) can create...

Last edited by mariogamer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1