Is my 3ds bricked?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Gregcamhon, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Gregcamhon
    OP

Gregcamhon Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2017
    United Kingdom
    So I've had my 3ds softmodded for a few years and hadn't used it in a few months. Today I went to start it up. At first it wouldn't turn on at all which I put down to it not having enough power so I left it to charge. Now whenever I turn it on the blue light comes on for a few seconds and then goes off and then when I press it again the blue light stays on and I can't turn it off. The screens aren't lit at all and are black and the 3d light and wifi light don't come on either. It will always turn on for a few seconds the first time and then get stuck and won't turn off the second time until I remove the battery.

I've tried removing the battery and that is the only way to turn it off every second time I turn it on.

I've tried doing the recovery buttons while starting it up but it doesn't change a thing.

I've tried taking the sd card out.

I have yet to open it up and check the wifi chips not screwy.

I'm just wondering if anyones heard of this or been in a similar situation who can tell me whether it's fixable or not.

Thanks in advance peeps

2. Alex4U

Alex4U not a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon addict

Jan 6, 2016
    Mexico
    with Snivy, Mystery Zone (offset 0x0FFFF)
    I think you bricked your console.
    Give me some info about your console, like version, New or Old, Custom Fimware? and that things. also, make sure you have at the least a NAND Backup if you did something wrong to your 3DS, like installing something, harmodding, etc.

3. RockmanYoshi

RockmanYoshi Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2017
    United States
    Try charging it completely, draining the battery, then charging it back again?

4. Yepi69

Yepi69 Jill-sandwiched

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Seems to me that you either have the Wifi card loose or you have a really outdated softmod installation.
    Do you remember which system version you had installed? Did you used Gateway /and/or AL9H?

5. mariogamer

mariogamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 12, 2015
    Canada
    Your best options (IF THIS IS A BRICK) (and if you cannot hardmode) is to buy a powersave and wait for ntrboothax (+ flashcard compatibility list)
    Then using ctrtransfer, recover your 3ds...
    No need for a NAND backup just a ctrtransfer file that anyone with a d9wip 3ds (same model/region...) can create...

Last edited by mariogamer, Jun 24, 2017