Modded 3DS won’t turn on

Baconcartoonist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I modded my 3DS a few years ago. About a year ago the battery had to be replaced. Since I replaced the battery there have been errors with Luma. Every time I turn on the 3DS the blue light turns right off. It usually pops up with the Luna menu for a half second before blacking out. I’ve tried updating luma manually and using Boot9strap but nothing is working. It’s a New 3DS XL. Is there any other way to fix it. Also there is no pop when turning on so I know it’s not the ribbons
Post automatically merged:

Could someone please help me?

Last edited by Baconcartoonist,

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I modded my 3DS a few years ago. About a year ago the battery had to be replaced. Since I replaced the battery there have been errors with Luma. Every time I turn on the 3DS the blue light turns right off. It usually pops up with the Luna menu for a half second before blacking out. I’ve tried updating luma manually and using Boot9strap but nothing is working. It’s a New 3DS XL. Is there any other way to fix it. Also there is no pop when turning on so I know it’s not the ribbons

Could someone please help me?
What did you do beforehand that soft-bricked your 3DS?

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have similar issue, I downgraded it to 9.x to use Gateway, everything was working fine until one day nothing happens when turning on, BUT it is able to boot into recovery to download/install the latest firmware from Nintendo - but it fails to get a connection to my Wi-Fi.

I cant remember what exploit it had exactly as it was years ago when I did it.

All I remember is when turning the console on, I set the button to DPAD DOWN it would boot into a menu (MenuHax or something like Yellow or arm9?) that would load HomeBrew Loader Screen where I could boot stuff like eShop, CFW, GateWay - So I used it to boot Gateway.

If nothing was held during console power on, the console would boot as a normal retail 3DS would.

What I think may have happened is I remember using FBI from the console main screen to un install some JAP DEMOS that were sat on the home screen.

I think I may have accidently deleted something related to the system files that are required.

I am pretty sure I remember having a NAND backup of my console either before or after I set it up (obviously before I semi bricked it).

Is there a way to reinstall my NAND backup or is it possible to over ride the entire console and install the firmware again or CFW?

It's been over 5 years since I have done anything on the 3DS due to having cancer, so my memory is all mush and I cant remember sod all from back then or how the scene has progressed, so I am pretty much back to a N00B (I've even forgotten most of my favourite hobby - making cheat codes for consoles inc the Nintendo Switch - life is shit now).

chronos7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing that you could try is to re-download the Luma3DS AIO and simply replace your boot.firm on the root of your sd card. This fix has worked for me a number of times.

Reactions: Spider_Man

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing that you could try is to re-download the Luma3DS AIO and simply replace your boot.firm on the root of your sd card. This fix has worked for me a number of times.
Thank you, I know I've likely asked this many times before here and reddit but I lose memory real bad.

I will look into this right now, no distraction, I need to fix my 3ds because I cant be bothered with cia files and ensuring games are same region and encrypted.

Just drag drop, job done and my sky3ds+ is useless on my Australian console.

see, I already had forgotten what it was I had to do this morning.

I will google "Luma3DS AIO" now and lets see if i can get this console fixed, wish me luck :D

So I have been trying, new SD card formatted FAT32 and new Luma files copied over with boot.firm ect all on the root of SD card and nothing.

All I can get to work is the factory recovery mode (pic)

Attachments

• 375012130_295176529791112_8342555676072103473_n.jpg
    375012130_295176529791112_8342555676072103473_n.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited by Spider_Man,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto