Hacking Is it the best idea to run games off the SD card?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Plaguereign

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Looks like a very interesting solution. Have you tried it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wow i thought of this awhile back but i could not find one of those, but it says it no longer manufactured or something also the price is a little steep for what it is,i wonder if it is confirmed working with loadiine

i wonder if we could use something like this with loadiine

http://www.adorama.com/TOPFW016UB.h...zBZOqNIOfflWIbAxT2RP7q6dPNVvGEwUkyxoC2YTw_wcB
You can try that card, but alot of people who tried it on 5.5.x have not had luck. Lower firmwares work fine with it. I have a Flashair card, and the exploits just lock up every single time no matter what. Kinda drive you a bit nuts after awhile. That's why I am switching from using my pc as web server to using a Raspi.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do games load up faster from HDD rather than SD? Or is it all because there's too many small files to load up and no matter what you use, you'll always experience slower loading times for specific games?

That's one drawback to loadiine. Not only is it offline only, but the loading times is a killer. It's not the BEST thing, or to die for. But I'm not blaming Loadiine or the developer. It's better than nothing.
Yeah, USB will support a higher throughput than the SD reader. It's only 2.0 if I remember correctly, but still worth slapping a HDD or SSD on there, when a loader supports it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1