What size SD card should i use?

autumns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming i have an external HDD that can fit all my games and such, is there any reason to use a larger sd card over and 16/32GB one? is there anything i can only use off the sd card like vWii data or homebrew or anything?

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Assuming it is formatted properly in FAT32, is there any disadvantage to not having an external USB drive and instead running everything off of a 512GB SD card?

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
any disadvantage to not having an external USB drive
Sure if you want to sit around forever waiting for loadiine to load the wii u games like back in the days. Or you don't want to play any Wii U games at all then yeah having only the sd card should work for you. Or you're happy with the 8 or 32 gb nand storage.

Reactions: Blythe93

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sure if you want to sit around forever waiting for loadiine to load the wii u games like back in the days. Or you don't want to play any Wii U games at all then yeah having only the sd card should work for you. Or you're happy with the 8 or 32 gb nand storage.
External hard drive it is then! Thanks for that, Ettino. If I did happen to have a large SD Card for my modded Wii U (a 512GB Sandisk was on sale at Amazon yesterday for $24), what would you recommend that I put on it? Maybe VC and any emulation?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah they gotta reproduce somehow