Is it possible to make to make the 3ds play only one app and when turned on it goes straight to that app with no homescreen or anything

Olimar101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found my old modded 2ds with omega a graphing caculator for 3ds then I thought off "what if I make a 2ds shell that looks like ti 84 plus graphing caculator that only uses only the omega caculator app and instead of nintendo branding I can brand it as a fake ti cacular the name I came up with is ti 84 plus dual screen and I will tell people its a prototype I found behind texas intrusments headquarters and the final thing I will need to do is make the omega app's top screen display wider and edit the colors and features and other things to make it more like the display of a ti 84 plus ce caculator and maybe I can make a button combination that takes me off the caculator app to the homescreen to play games when i dont need to caculator but only that combination will let me play games when powered off then on it will go back to the caculator and next I can make a secret door to open and put the 3ds cartidges in becuase if the cartidge is visble people will get suspisous and make change the 3ds charging port to a type b mini usb cord which all ti 84 caculators and haveing 3ds charging port wouldnt make anysense

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Luma3DS can autoboot into the Homebrew channel and DSi homebrew. Start the system holding “select” and start the option is like 4th from the top.
I don’t know about being able to boot into a specific app beyond those options

Reactions: BigOnYa

pleasehelpme2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You do have that button combo that instantly launches whatever is in the cartridge slot. If you could put your calculator program onto a flashcart and load it, that might work.

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do have that button combo that instantly launches whatever is in the cartridge slot. If you could put your calculator program onto a flashcart and load it, that might work.
That only works for non setup 3DSes/factory reset 3DSes, so wouldn't work. Maybe you could change the title ID of a CIA of omega calculator to the Homebrew Launcher so Luma boots into that

ack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, it is possible. you would need to make a custom firmware that sets the FIRM launch parameters to the titleid of the program you want to launch.

But your whole story of how you'll modify it to let you play games in class is just ridiculous. There are too many flaws in it to even go through. What you want to do just won't work. Period.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Olimar101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, it is possible. you would need to make a custom firmware that sets the FIRM launch parameters to the titleid of the program you want to launch.

But your whole story of how you'll modify it to let you play games in class is just ridiculous. There are too many flaws in it to even go through. What you want to do just won't work. Period
the thing is I wont be playing games in class I will only be using the omega app and everytime I turn it on it will go straight to the omega app and only when I am at home I will do a button combination to let me play games and go to the home menu its like giveing a dreamcast a sd card youll use sd card more but you can still use the disc tray to games to but not as much as the sd card slot you get what im saying also I kinda wanna fool some of my freinds that I found a prototype caculator in a dumpster behind the texas instrustments headquarters called the TI-84 Plus Dual Screen it would be funny
Post automatically merged:

But your whole story of how you'll modify it to let you play games in class is just ridiculous. There are too many flaws in it to even go through. What you want to do just won't work. Period
the thing is I wont be playing games in class I will only be using the omega app and everytime I turn it on it will go straight to the omega app and only when I am at home I will do a button combination to let me play games and go to the home menu its like giveing a dreamcast a sd card youll use sd card more but you can still use the disc tray to games to but not as much as the sd card slot you get what im saying also I kinda wanna fool some of my freinds that I found a prototype caculator in a dumpster behind the texas instrustments headquarters called the TI-84 Plus Dual Screen it would be funny
plus a 2ds already plays games how would I modify it to play games I want to modify it to be a TI-84 Plus CE caculator named the TI-84 Plus Dual Screen it already plays games

Last edited by Olimar101,

ack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whatever you plan to do is still ridiculous. And your friends won't believe you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto