Hardware Is it no longer possible to register a Wii U in EU Club Nintendo?

BrokenHearted

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Nintendo sites say to go into the Wii U eShop, Settings, and then Club Nintendo Account, but when I go into settings, there is no Club Nintendo Account option. Did they get rid of the option to register it because the last day to register digital content was April 20th?

I checked my settings to make sure my console was set to a country that has a Club Nintendo, my firmware is up-to-date, and no one's registered the console yet. Oh, and despite what my flag says, I'm in the EU and my Wii U is a european Wii U.

Why hasn't the official Nintendo websites been updated to say you can't register a Wii U anymore? I can still register codes from physical games. And Nintendo still has a page telling you how to register a Wii U in Club Nintendo.

Thanks.

Brunho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The Nintendo sites say to go into the Wii U eShop, Settings, and then Club Nintendo Account, but when I go into settings, there is no Club Nintendo Account option. Did they get rid of the option to register it because the last day to register digital content was April 20th?

I checked my settings to make sure my console was set to a country that has a Club Nintendo, my firmware is up-to-date, and no one's registered the console yet. Oh, and despite what my flag says, I'm in the EU and my Wii U is a european Wii U.

Why hasn't the official Nintendo websites been updated to say you can't register a Wii U anymore? I can still register codes from physical games. And Nintendo still has a page telling you how to register a Wii U in Club Nintendo.

Thanks.

I don´t know if the console registration is over along with the digital games, but usually it takes some time for the automatic registration to work. Give it 1 or 2 days before losing your head over it.

BrokenHearted

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I mean, I can't even link my Club Nintendo account to my Wii U because the option to input my Club Nintendo account information isn't there when I go in eShop -> Settings. I'm not saying I've linked my Wii U but haven't gotten the points on my account yet.

Club Nintendo closes on September 30th, but it's still possible to register physical codes. I thought the discontinuation of registering digital products only applied to eShop games, not the Wii U itself. That's why I would like to know if it applies to the Wii U as well. Maybe I'll contact Nintendo directly.

Thanks anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-