Is it no longer possible to register a Wii U in EU Club Nintendo?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by BrokenHearted, Jun 2, 2015.

1. BrokenHearted
    OP

BrokenHearted Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2010
    United States
    The Nintendo sites say to go into the Wii U eShop, Settings, and then Club Nintendo Account, but when I go into settings, there is no Club Nintendo Account option. Did they get rid of the option to register it because the last day to register digital content was April 20th?

I checked my settings to make sure my console was set to a country that has a Club Nintendo, my firmware is up-to-date, and no one's registered the console yet. Oh, and despite what my flag says, I'm in the EU and my Wii U is a european Wii U.

Why hasn't the official Nintendo websites been updated to say you can't register a Wii U anymore? I can still register codes from physical games. And Nintendo still has a page telling you how to register a Wii U in Club Nintendo.

Thanks.

2. jefffisher

jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    club nintendo is over

3. Brunho

Brunho GBAtemp Regular

May 27, 2014
    Brazil
    I donĀ“t know if the console registration is over along with the digital games, but usually it takes some time for the automatic registration to work. Give it 1 or 2 days before losing your head over it.

4. BrokenHearted
    OP

BrokenHearted Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2010
    United States
    No, I mean, I can't even link my Club Nintendo account to my Wii U because the option to input my Club Nintendo account information isn't there when I go in eShop -> Settings. I'm not saying I've linked my Wii U but haven't gotten the points on my account yet.

Club Nintendo closes on September 30th, but it's still possible to register physical codes. I thought the discontinuation of registering digital products only applied to eShop games, not the Wii U itself. That's why I would like to know if it applies to the Wii U as well. Maybe I'll contact Nintendo directly.

Thanks anyway.

5. Snugglevixen

Snugglevixen Fox Princess

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    My den