D-Trogh

OP
Trophies
Website
promh.freehostia.com
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, I would like to know if the English firmwire is compatible with the Chinese R4 and visaversa..
I'm sorry if this is asked before, but I would like to know, because there is a difference of 5dollars between the Chinese and English R4..

Well.. I think I know the answer allready (NO!
cry.gif
)
But is there a way then to let it work ?
Maybe some little changes in the code ? Or is it the hardware that blocks it ?

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, I would like to know if the English firmwire is compatible with the Chinese R4 and visaversa..
I'm sorry if this is asked before, but I would like to know, because there is a difference of 5dollars between the Chinese and English R4..

Well.. I think I know the answer allready (NO!Â
cry.gif
)
But is there a way then to let it work ?
Maybe some little changes in the code ? Or is it the hardware that blocks it ?

It won't work and it's def. the hardware preventing it. Same as for using the M3 simply firmware on the R4 and vice versa.
However, there is a rumor that someone actually managed to 'hack' it so the M3 simply firmware worked on the R4.. so I don't see a R4 chinese firmware to be used on an english unit to be completely impossible (however a bit pointless ;P). But at this point there is no place where it actually provides info on how to do it.

Kyuzumaki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you read my other thread i've tried chinese firmware (dunno why it's called that it's software) anyway it dosen't work.

You can probably hack the eng M3 to work on the R4.

Heres the LINK to M3 simply soft/firmware.

I tried it on my R4 it gives a hardware not compatable error. The file sizes are identical so i assume it's only a small difference.

(Link posted by skfields01 in this thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=41542&hl=)

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.