DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I am a big fan of the classic Final Fantasy series, and after upgrading my phone to a Samsung Galaxy S3 (and finally getting a smart phone), I've thought about getting some games for it (emulation is a no-brainer). I came across this game, but that $20 price tag seems a bit much. I check regularly for a sale through an app I have, but if it is worth that $20, then I'd get it now and save the trouble of waiting.

So, is it worth $20?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the only thing the game has going for it is the job system. and thats really not all that much.
the story is said to take about 30 hours to play through, but its really more of a final fantasy 1 type of story, thats really not that deep.

so yeah. it wouldnt be worth the money to me.
maybe at half the price

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Square has a tendency to charge WAY too much on the digital side of marketing for their games. No one is going to pay $20 for an iphone game like that... Its just not the right market.

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Well, I guess $20 is too much to ask for this. Guess if it were half the price it might be worth it?

Well, today's the day then. Just checked my Sales app, and the game got marked down by half because today is the game's 1st anniversary on the Google Play Store, so it is $10 for a limited time.

thebsharp

Why'd you have to go and Gunt my fries?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a fairly fully fledged FF game. The job system is good, and the story, while not deep, definitely harkens back to older FF games. $20 for a game like that now may seem like a lot, but $20 for an old-school FF is not the worst thing in the world. I've gotten 54 hours logged on it so far (there are enough things to explore to drag out the time). I think it's worth the money.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I am a big fan of the classic Final Fantasy series, and after upgrading my phone to a Samsung Galaxy S3 (and finally getting a smart phone), I've thought about getting some games for it (emulation is a no-brainer). I came across this game, but that $20 price tag seems a bit much. I check regularly for a sale through an app I have, but if it is worth that $20, then I'd get it now and save the trouble of waiting.

So, is it worth $20?
You know you can prob not pay $20 >.>;

(double checked and need to root your phone, but it is)

and for emu theres Retroarch (its free)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste