Is Skyrim still worth it in 2023?

thekarter104

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. Is Skyrim still worth it still to this day? I actually never bought Skyrim. And the reason why I'm asking it on the PS5 forum is because I'm planning to get it on the PS5 if Skyrim is still worth playing. Mainly because the game is still a whopping $40.

And what's the Anniversary edition all about, what does it give extra? It adds $20 to be able to upgrade, but I'm not sure if I should get the anniversary edition aswell.

I've seen someone playing it on the Xbox Series X and loading times were almost non existent, so that's a big bonus. Hope the same on PS5.

Hope the game is still worth playing for the price. Thanks.

Reactions: console

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd say it's definitely worth playing if you haven't already, and the Anniversary Edition basically gives you a set of community-made and Bethesda-approved mods. It's actually a really good collection, though definitely not a necessity on on PC, XB, or PS since you have access to a more open mod market if you're willing to explore. As a one stop solution though it's neat, and 100% worth it on Switch where there's no other options for mods on official hardware.

It is worth noting that the game does go on offer fairly regularly (to my knowledge), and you can also probably get a good price on a physical copy.

If you want a good RPG to sink your teeth into, it's still a good game, and could even be worth full price if you don't have the energy to shop around. You are likely to find a decent deal though with only a little effort.

thekarter104

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say it's definitely worth playing if you haven't already, and the Anniversary Edition basically gives you a set of community-made and Bethesda-approved mods. It's actually a really good collection, though definitely not a necessity on on PC, XB, or PS since you have access to a more open mod market if you're willing to explore. As a one stop solution though it's neat, and 100% worth it on Switch where there's no other options for mods on official hardware.

It is worth noting that the game does go on offer fairly regularly (to my knowledge), and you can also probably get a good price on a physical copy.

If you want a good RPG to sink your teeth into, it's still a good game, and could even be worth full price if you don't have the energy to shop around. You are likely to find a decent deal though with only a little effort.
Nice, thanks!
Isn't the Switch version with the exclusive Link costume? If it's still available lmao.

Edit -
Nvm, Switch version is $60, greedy bastards.

captain_obvious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, thanks!
Isn't the Switch version with the exclusive Link costume? If it's still available lmao.

Edit -
Nvm, Switch version is $60, greedy bastards.
Can't answer your question since I've never played it myself but I remember seeing the Switch version going on sale at 50% off. If you want to play it on the Switch then wait for the next sale. DekuDeals might have an email notification system to let you know next time it's on sale.

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
Skyrim is worth and fun. I had Skyrim (disc based, not digital) for my PS4 and paid $25 dollars to Bestbuy online internet during Black Friday in November few years ago. :yay:

I love PlayStation more over Nintendo Switch (high price due to taxes and fees) and Xbox.

Reactions: schatzi24

thekarter104

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyrim is worth and fun. I had Skyrim (disc based, not digital) for my PS4 and paid $25 dollars to Bestbuy online internet during Black Friday in November few years ago. :yay:

I love PlayStation more over Nintendo Switch (high price due to taxes and fees) and Xbox.

Thanks everyone. Just got Skyrim for $10 on PS5. Smooth 60 FPS and loading times almost non existent! I love the game so far!

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
That's awesome! Because PS5 used first time SSD (like NVMe PCIe 4 generation - about 7000 MB or 7 GB per second) instead of HDD that load game much faster and open world like any places will enter without waiting our time.

PS4 take between 15 seconds - 1 or 2 minutes to load depend on how big world and different places. My PC take more load time than my PS4 (GPU is GDDR5) because of weak GPU DDR3 (10 years old and slower) load more time on Skyrim game that's why. PS4 with HDD (old school spinning storage) and my old PC still used HDD for many years (10 years now on all same hardware) and zero problems running. Because HDD have a lot of write and delete endurance cycles often than SSD (limited write and delete cycles example range between 100 TBW - 1400 TBW endurance) before going to failure then time to replace part of hardware then keep going and going. B-)

Reactions: schatzi24

shadowheart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone. Just got Skyrim for $10 on PS5. Smooth 60 FPS and loading times almost non existent! I love the game so far!
Happy for you, it's a good deal! I'm sure you already understood that the game is still worthy even in 2023. I played it several times and new mods come out all the time, it brings a lot of fun

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a pc with decent specs, you should get it on pc since it's a better experience there than in consoles, you can install mods etc. Both the Steam & GOG releases go on sale from time to time, when it is i think the price for the Anniversary Edition was ~$20, not a bad deal..
And of course, the game is very well still worth playing, same goes for the other Bethesda titles Oblivion & FO3/FO:NV.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you still haven't, yeah I think it's worthwhile

You know what ? Your post actually made me want to play it again ! It's been too long

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts