Homebrew IronHax & YoutubeHax - FREE HOMEBREW!!!

mbcrazed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so far I've finally bypassed the internet to get tubehax to work(kind of???) It hangs on change firmware screen though, what should I do?
IMG_20150819_204439.jpg
IMG_20150819_204439.jpg
IMG_20150819_204509.jpg

probablygay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I just got my EU N3DS (regular) . I updated the firmware to the lates (9.9.0-26E), downloaded youtube, placed the Tubehax files on my MicroSD appropriately, and set up the DNS server correctly. The first time I booted up Youtube, it worked accordingly. Selected my firmware and it launched the homebrew Launcher. I choose the Region Free app, place my Animal Crossing in and it tells me I need to format my save data for that game. That was issue number one. I turned off my N3DS because I didnt want to format my save data, put Animal Crossing in my USA 3DS to see that the save data is fine. Cool. Ok. So I go back to my N3DS, boot up Youtube, and it just hangs. I turn it off, delete the files from my MicroSD and re-did the entire process. I can connect to the internet with my own DNS settings, however when I use the Tubehax provided DNS settings, it cannot connect.

What gives? I believe I did everything correctly, is there some step I'm missing here?

N0n@me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I just got my EU N3DS (regular) . I updated the firmware to the lates (9.9.0-26E), downloaded youtube, placed the Tubehax files on my MicroSD appropriately, and set up the DNS server correctly. The first time I booted up Youtube, it worked accordingly. Selected my firmware and it launched the homebrew Launcher. I choose the Region Free app, place my Animal Crossing in and it tells me I need to format my save data for that game. That was issue number one. I turned off my N3DS because I didnt want to format my save data, put Animal Crossing in my USA 3DS to see that the save data is fine. Cool. Ok. So I go back to my N3DS, boot up Youtube, and it just hangs. I turn it off, delete the files from my MicroSD and re-did the entire process. I can connect to the internet with my own DNS settings, however when I use the Tubehax provided DNS settings, it cannot connect.

What gives? I believe I did everything correctly, is there some step I'm missing here?
sorry I dont quite understand so from what I read you are having a issue with the 3ds no longer being able to connect to the eshop? Also what region of animal crossing are you trying to play?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Reactions: mbcrazed

N0n@me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why u using your regular browser mang :P

Try to get here http://smea.mtheall.com using the 'escape from youtube' trick -turn of the dns spoofing
the link may not work on gbatemp (at least for me) so you may have to paste it somewhere else searchable.
yea it works by escaping youtube. just google something that has lets you enter url like a online proxy and it should work fine.

probablygay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry I dont quite understand so from what I read you are having a issue with the 3ds no longer being able to connect to the eshop? Also what region of animal crossing are you trying to play?

I'm having an issue connecting to the Tubehax DNS server (whatever you call it) even though I have it all set up appropriately. Animal Crossing is the USA version, trying to play it on an EUN3DS via Tubehax and Region Free.

N0n@me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue connecting to the Tubehax DNS server (whatever you call it) even though I have it all set up appropriately. Animal Crossing is the USA version, trying to play it on an EUN3DS via Tubehax and Region Free.
Did you set it up right? If youtube pops up it usually means
YouTube and Google are a nope in China. Proxy's however.. I can use a proxy site then enter http://smea.mtheall.com and it should work?
yep it doesn't have to be a proxy though anything that you can enter a url should work. but more importantly I dont think it would work anyway since you have to load youtube to escape it.

mbcrazed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yep it doesn't have to be a proxy though anything that you can enter a url should work. but more importantly I dont think it would work anyway since you have to load youtube to escape it.
I will find a way to have homebrew! XD I guess if I set up a proxy for youtube I could then do it, correct?

DeiStar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
When trying to install ironhax, it crashes. I already started up the game. I selected v 1.0 and my correct firmware, yet it says it failed to install data0

Anyone knows what's up? Does it only work for v1.1?

probablygay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I set it up correctly, yes.

Going to format my system memory and start everything from scratch.

EDIT: Formatting system memory seems to have fixed my problems, however I can't seem to access any of my USA games save datas. Does the 3DS Store that on the SD Card as opposed to the cartridge?

Question Number 2: Can I use Tubehax to install a CFW?

Last edited by probablygay,

N0n@me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I set it up correctly, yes.

Going to format my system memory and start everything from scratch.

EDIT: Formatting system memory seems to have fixed my problems, however I can't seem to access any of my USA games save datas. Does the 3DS Store that on the SD Card as opposed to the cartridge?

Question Number 2: Can I use Tubehax to install a CFW?
No For both. All games that you use a card save it the card. And as of right now there is no known/public exploit for arm 9 or even arm 11control. What that means is that we cant do anything like cfw.

I will find a way to have homebrew! XD I guess if I set up a proxy for youtube I could then do it, correct?
Well yes. Though if you can at least access http://smea.mtheall.com (where the exploit is being hosted) then I think as long as you can figure out a way to redirect youtube.com to that it should work. I think you might be able to MIM and redirect it like that.

Reactions: mbcrazed

probablygay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No For both. All games that you use a card save it the card. And as of right now there is no known/public exploit for arm 9 or even arm 11control. What that means is that we cant do anything like cfw.

Well yes. Though if you can at least access http://smea.mtheall.com (where the exploit is being hosted) then I think as long as you can figure out a way to redirect youtube.com to that it should work. I think you might be able to MIM and redirect it like that.

Then that brings me to my next question: Why are all of my games launched through Region Free dataless? Is it because theyre a different region than my N3DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp