Tutorial  Updated

Internal modchip - SAMD21 (Trinket M0, Gemma M0, ItsyBitsy M0 Express) Guide, Files & Support

Notice: I am not receiving notifications for this thread. I didn`t realise people were still posting in it.

Please please accept my apologies if I haven`t replied to tags etc... I have no idea what is happening. I`m subscribed to this thread but I am not receiving notifications. Please inbox me if possible. Or tag me in another thread.

Its amazing that people are still checking all of this out. I thank you for all of the help and support I have received in this thread over this year.

Cheers. Matty.

A video showing a modchip in action. Thank you once again to @metaljay for providing this. This is what you can achieve by fitting a chip!

Section 1. Gather your software.

Get your chip software from THIS THREAD.
Follow the flashing instructions there...

Section 2. Removing USB port and unneeded LEDs. (Adafruit chips only)
  • Next, we need to remove the USB port from the modchip. I recommend a heatgun or a rework station. Heat up until the USB port just lifts off the modchip.
  • Do the same for the LED just to the right of the USB port.
See picture:
20181031_110415.jpg

You are now ready to fit your device. Proceed to Fitting section.

Section 3. Fitting modchip to your Switch.
New Universal Method. All SAMD-based internal chips. If your chip is not supported and you cannot work it out, PM me.

Trinket M0.
Solder as laid out in the following picture

trinketfinal.jpg

==================================================
Rebug SwitchME M0. Use Trinket files.

rebugfinal.jpg

RCMX86 - Internal modchip version.

RCMX86-Internal-Final.jpg

Gemma M0. Use Gemma files.

gemma final.jpg

ItsyBitsy M0 Express. Use ItsyBitsy files.

itsybitsyfinal.jpg

Feather M0 Express. Use Feather files.

feather_final.jpg

BUILD YOUR OWN FROM A QFP ATSAMD21E18. Trinket equivalent pins.
Flash Trinket bootloader using OpenOCD via serial pins SWDIO / SWDCLK. Fit a reset switch somewhere... Or going to power / wake (aka method 2). If building for external use, it is good practice to fit a third capacitor between 3V & GND. This is deliberately vague and ambigious, as this needs research and you need to know what you are doing.

Link for setting the Pi up with OpenOCD: HERE
Raspberry Pi OpenOCD image in downloads section or HERE
SAMD pi connection.png

Alternative Solder Points

Credit to @consolex for original pic. I`ve added alternative points to solder to:
Alternatepoints.jpg

Credit to @pyorin for this much tidier version showing the same info as the above one!
Alternatepoints2.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

alternative3v.jpg

Replacement Parts List

Ok... So you have damaged your switch soldering your chip in. Not to worry.

First things first, DO NOT BRIDGE THE CONTACTS HOPING TO REVIVE YOUR SWITCH. With resistors, you may possibly get away with this, but with the capacitors listed below, if you jump these points, you will make a nice short-circuit to the PMIC and / or the M92T36, killing them instantly. Don`t do it.

OK... I`ll list these parts with METHOD 2 & 3 TRINKET PIN NUMBERS and the values of the components they solder to.

TRINKET 3V (POWER SUPPLY) - 2.2uF 0402 size MLCC capacitor. Voltage unimportant as long as it is over 6.3v
TRINKET PIN 2 (POWER ON RESET - goes to pin 5 on M92T36)- 4.7uF 0402 size MLCC capacitor. Voltage unimportant as long as it is over 6.3v
TRINKET PIN 0 (VOL+) - 150R (150 ohms) 0201 Thick Film resistor. 50mW
TRINKET RESET (SWITCH POWER BUTTON) - 150R (150 ohms) 0201 Thick Film resistor. 50mW

I recommend RS components.

FAQ

Q - How do I boot the switch into APX (RCM) mode?

A - You need to short out pin 10 on the right joycon rail to GND with a jig or modded joycon or paperclip (not recommended... Buy a jig you cheap-ass gyppo). Once shorted out, hold down vol+ and power. The switch screen should be off... Plug into your PC and it should recognise a APX device. Well done. You are in RCM.

Q - What glue should I use?
A - Only glue if necessary! Ideally if your soldering is of sufficient quality and your wire is thin enough, you don`t need glue. I use a bit because I am OCD. Anyway, use Epoxy. It`s what I use. Gives you some working time, is solid. Superglue makes a mess DO NOT USE SUPERGLUE. The only thing super about it is how it melts things. Epoxy won`t stick to the shield long-term, so bear that in mind. Pure Acetone will remove epoxy. Acetone tends to remove / melt anything to be warned. CHECK YOUR GLUE WON`T GO CONDUCTIVE OVER TIME - LOOKING AT YOU SCAMSUNG! The combination of heat cycles and absorbing of moisture can turn adhesive into a high-impedance connection!

Q - What size wire should I use?
A - I use AWG40 magnet wire or AWG30 Kynar. AWG40 goes onto components easier... And if you snap it, chances are the wire will snap and not the trace / component.
A2 - You can also use AWG30. I recommend Kynar wrapping wire but any will do. Looks nice, good resistance to elements, tidy. Nothing thicker than AWG30. You are just causing yourself more headaches. Trust me.

Q - Is AWG40 thick enough?
A - Yes. AWG40 is good for around 90mA.

Q - which methods do you recommend?
A - Connect all the straps...

Q - how do you recommend to set it up?
A - Fusee Suite. Search for Fusee Suite or go to link at top of this OP.

Q - My switch is flat and won't turn on.
A - Have you got the charger connected? Disconnect it or your switch won't boot! Boot to a payload (SX loader/Hekate), reconnect charger and leave on the payload menu and charge. Leave for 15 minutes and switch will start normally. It will continue charging one booted.

Disclaimer:
You have only yourself to blame. This voids warranty. This may or may not get you banned from online services. If it does, you got yourself banned. I`m not responsible if you kill your switch / your first-born with any of this in this post. I`m not infalliable. I`m partly senile. Do your own research. Kids, get bill payers permission before you attempt even using a screwdriver.
NUTSHELL: Don`t come having a go at me because you fooked your £300 console up. I`ll do my best to help you though if you do, Just don`t blame me.

Credits to Quantum-Cross, Atlas44, @Ninoh-FOX , @jcrorxp , @tecfreak, @mooglazer, @subcon959, @64Dp128k, @mikeleuskaldunak, @M-O-B, CTCaer, @evilsperm, @consolex and everyone else for valuable input.

IF YOU REQUIRE SUPPORT, IF YOUR CONSOLE ISN`T WORKING CORRECTLY... PLEASE POST A HIGH RESOLUTION PICTURE OF YOUR INSTALL. You might think it isn`t your soldering, but in all cases with the new methods, it is bad soldering. So, please post a picture.

A BRIEF WARNING - PLEASE READ
THIS MOD IS NOT FOR THE FEINT OF HEART. WE ARE SOLDERING TO TRACES AND COMPONENTS ON THE FRONT SIDE OF THE BOARD TO SAVE HAVING TO REMOVE THE BOARD AND SOLDER TO TESTPOINTS. IF YOU ARE STRUGGLING, OR THINK YOU ARE GOING TO STRUGGLE, PLEASE PLEASE SOLDER TO THE TEST POINTS NOTED IN THIS AND OTHER THREADS (YOU WILL NEED TO REMOVE THE MOTHERBOARD). DOUBLE - TRIPLE CHECK EVERYTHING. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
Good soldering skills are needed!
A magnifying glass is needed!
Good soldering iron needed - ideally with a 0.3 conical tip. No more than 30w!
SECURE YOUR WIRES PRIOR TO SOLDERING. Stick them down with double-sided tape.
Only use glue if you need to and glue wires after soldering. Don`t glue the solder to the component!
Put the tiniest amount of glue on the PCB mask only. Never on components. Use a cocktail stick for more glue control!!!
Take a look at alternative solder points to get you out of the sh*t if you do rip something off the board
If you aren`t the best at soldering, then think very carefully about connecting to pin 6 capacitor (the one in these new methods). If you rip this pad, you WILL NEED TO REMOVE YOUR BOARD and run from a testpoint.

Attachments

• Trinket equivalent.png
    Trinket equivalent.png
    118 KB · Views: 3,797
Last edited by mattytrog,

Dagor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've just followed Method 1 to install a trinket :)

It works, I had to reopen the case three times to adjust the bending of the metal cover, otherwise the switch showed error yielding to a reboot - I think the cover produced shorts on the trinket when touching the solder spots. I covered the trinket with kapton and also secured it that way.
I used AWG30, because I had no access to 40 wire.

1. Be careful to use the "upper" side of the new 3.3V spot.
My first attempt was to solder the wire to the "lower" side of the capacitor for 3.3V, which yielded in no power to the trinket. I simply didn't follow the picture guide correctly.
Sadly, when I used a multi meter to confirm I need to use the "upper" side of that tiny capacitor, two bzzzrt noises and tiny bit of smoke occurred. I guess the multi meter probe was too fat and touched two components. The other probe was touching ground. Luckily, the switch works just fine - maybe down the road the damage will show. Not sure what exactly happened, I was trying to be as careful as possible.

2. The ground test pad is not cooperating nicely
Also, the ground testpad really didn't want to accept my solder. I used flux and around 320°C and it took me some tries alternating between flux, cleaning and soldering to get it to stick.

3. Be careful with the screws
The screws of the switch are really, really soft. You need perfectly fitting screwdrivers. On one of the screws for the joycon rails Nintendo used too much locktite and I couldn't loosen it. I had to resort to other means to open the backcover, because that screw has no more threads.

But now it all works. I can press the reset button through the casing. Some minor (or hidden major) damage along the way. Not recommended for newbies or reckless newbies (like me)

Reactions: metaljay

evilsperm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rebug.me
XP
Country
United States

It works, I had to reopen the case three times to adjust the bending of the metal cover, otherwise the switch showed error yielding to a reboot - I think the cover produced shorts on the trinket when touching the solder spots. I covered the trinket with kapton and also secured it that way.

My first attempt was to solder the wire to the "lower" side of the capacitor for 3.3V, which yielded in no power to the trinket. I simply didn't follow the picture guide correctly.
Sadly, when I used a multi meter to confirm I need to use the "upper" side of that tiny capacitor, two bzzzrt noises and tiny bit of smoke occurred. I guess the multi meter probe was too fat and touched two components. The other probe was touching ground. Luckily, the switch works just fine - maybe down the road the damage will show. Not sure what exactly happened, I was trying to be as careful as possible.

2. The ground test pad is not cooperating nicely
Also, the ground testpad really didn't want to accept my solder. I used flux and around 320°C and it took me some tries alternating between flux, cleaning and soldering to get it to stick.

3. Be careful with the screws
The screws of the switch are really, really soft. You need perfectly fitting screwdrivers. On one of the screws for the joycon rails Nintendo used too much locktite and I couldn't loosen it. I had to resort to other means to open the backcover, because that screw has no more threads.

But now it all works. I can press the reset button through the casing. Some minor (or hidden major) damage along the way. Not recommended for newbies or reckless newbies (like me)
I can't stress enough to not use those caps for power...
On top of that you have def burnt your charge controller and it's only a matter of time before it shows. I will give it a week or less before you can no longer even turn your switch on :(
I watched a friend on video burn his switch up this same exact way but he accidentally touched the 5v to the shield with meter leads set in cont mode.
Switched worked for about a week than started to show the signs the charge ic was going bad until one day it only went to the Nintendo logo and reboots.
I also had this same issue if you look it up in a thread where a power outlet fried one of my switches.

Last edited by evilsperm,

metaljay

Trophies
XP
Country
On top of that you have def burnt your charge controller and it's only a matter of time before it shows. I will give it a week or less before you can no longer even turn your switch on :(
I watched a friend on video burn his switch up this same exact way but he accidentally touched the 5v to the shield with meter leads set in cont mode.
Switched worked for about a week than started to show the signs the charge ic was going bad until one day it only went to the Nintendo logo and reboots.
I also had this same issue if you look it up in a thread where a power outlet fried one of my switches.

Is your recommendation to not use the “always on” points and use “upon boot” points on the rear of the nand board?

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Where did the tiny bit of smoke come from? If it was from the M92T36, I wouldn`t bet on it lasting too long. There are various "inputs" in the T36 that are selected by a device within the chip called a "power detector". Could have been one of the FETs within this.

Could have been from one of those ceramic caps. Doubtful though.

The smoothing cap on Pin 6 on M92T36 is perfectly safe, AS LONG AS IT IS SOLDERED CORRECTLY. It is a direct trace to the new point on the NAND daughterboard. Continuity checks confirm this. All points (the new 3v NAND point, pin 6 capacitor and the testpoint on the back of the board) are all the same trace.

But on account of it being too difficult, I think I will change the graphics. Just be so careful with that BTB connector.

Resoldering a QFN (M92T36) is difficult enough without having to solder a new BTB (NAND) connector (0.4mm pitch between pins, 0.6mm between rows) or even that BGA NAND chip.

There are pitfalls with all points.

The cap - Could pop the M92T36 USB power controller, or the battery PMIC
Point on NAND - Fook the NAND daughterboard or stacking connector
Remove board - Could rip ribbon cables or break a latch on one of those FPCs

Alternatives are method 3 with or without straps as evilsperm said. You could put a reed switch in, or desolder the EN leg on the LDO regulator and find a 1.8v point to power the chip on that way.

na0339

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 6.0 and can't get ReiNX (9/11 nightly) or RajNX (0.7.5.1) to boot with SwitchME. Anyone else running into this? Someone in one of those CFW threads mentioned updated payloads. FWIW, my (unlicensed) SX OS 1.9 boots fine.

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm on 6.0 and can't get ReiNX (9/11 nightly) or RajNX (0.7.5.1) to boot with SwitchME. Anyone else running into this? Someone in one of those CFW threads mentioned updated payloads. FWIW, my (unlicensed) SX OS 1.9 boots fine.

If it was booting OK prior to installing 6.0, then that is an issue for the ReiNX / RajNX thread. Having said that, my payloads may need updating. Check back in a bit :)

Reactions: na0339

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Updated Method 1 pics so "hopefully" fewer dead switches.

Just remember, the NAND is the most important part of the switch. The keys, PRODINFO etc etc is stored on there. Don`t fuck it up!

It is easier to solder, but if you do something wrong, ie don`t seat it back in the BTB connector right, leave a bit of crap in there, or otherwise damage the pins or the mating faces of that BTB stacking connector, you WILL need a professional to repair. They are a f**king nightmare to hand solder. Doable though.

I have seen many many damaged stacking connectors over the years (not just on the switch) and just finding the right one is hard. Also, if you do somehow damage the daughterboard beyond repair, it will need replacing by either buying a new NAND or getting the BGA package off it and on to another daughterboard.

Back up NAND before you even disconnect it.

Am I scaremongering? Am I heck.

The actual point is easier than pin 6 on M92T36, so if you are sober and not full of caffeine, this can save you a lot of stress and it may save your M92T36 too. CHOOSE CAREFULLY!!!!!!!

It`s a bit like asking if you want to step in dog shit or cow shit really...

Last edited by mattytrog,
Reactions: metaljay

kuze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I'm attempting a SwitchMe install with the new '4 wire on at powerup' method.

AutoRCM is already enabled on my Switch and I did not pre-flash the SwitchMe prior to installing.

It seems that the SwitchMe prevents RCM from starting so I can inject a payload and get to the home screen to flash the modchip.

Is that the case or did I do something wrong in my install? When I hook it up to my PC I get a message that it is an unknown USB device.

Is the only way to proceed to undo the install, flash the SwitchMe, then reinstall?

Or is there a better workaround I could use? (I tried holding down RESET on the SwitchMe, but still no go...)? I mostly have the thing put back together so it would kinda suck to have to take back apart.

Dagor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Where did the tiny bit of smoke come from? If it was from the M92T36, I wouldn`t bet on it lasting too long. There are various "inputs" in the T36 that are selected by a device within the chip called a "power detector". Could have been one of the FETs within this.

Could have been from one of those ceramic caps. Doubtful though.

The smoothing cap on Pin 6 on M92T36 is perfectly safe, AS LONG AS IT IS SOLDERED CORRECTLY. It is a direct trace to the new point on the NAND daughterboard. Continuity checks confirm this. All points (the new 3v NAND point, pin 6 capacitor and the testpoint on the back of the board) are all the same trace.

But on account of it being too difficult, I think I will change the graphics. Just be so careful with that BTB connector.

Resoldering a QFN (M92T36) is difficult enough without having to solder a new BTB (NAND) connector (0.4mm pitch between pins, 0.6mm between rows) or even that BGA NAND chip.

There are pitfalls with all points.

The cap - Could pop the M92T36 USB power controller, or the battery PMIC
Point on NAND - Fook the NAND daughterboard or stacking connector
Remove board - Could rip ribbon cables or break a latch on one of those FPCs

Alternatives are method 3 with or without straps as evilsperm said. You could put a reed switch in, or desolder the EN leg on the LDO regulator and find a 1.8v point to power the chip on that way.

The tiny tiny bit of smoke came directly, or very closely from the cap. I'm pretty sure I haven't touched the IC - I wasn't that clumsy. So far the Switch charges and de-charges properly. If the IC does fail, have I fried my switch for good? I'm just not doing a full NAND raw backup to put it back into a new switch should this rne really leave me.

My battery was disconnected when I did the solder job.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Was your friend able to salvage the switch or is it gone?

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK so I'm attempting a SwitchMe install with the new '4 wire on at powerup' method.

AutoRCM is already enabled on my Switch and I did not pre-flash the SwitchMe prior to installing.

It seems that the SwitchMe prevents RCM from starting so I can inject a payload and get to the home screen to flash the modchip.

Is that the case or did I do something wrong in my install? When I hook it up to my PC I get a message that it is an unknown USB device.

Is the only way to proceed to undo the install, flash the SwitchMe, then reinstall?

Or is there a better workaround I could use? (I tried holding down RESET on the SwitchMe, but still no go...)? I mostly have the thing put back together so it would kinda suck to have to take back apart.

If you have your switch turned off, connect your console to PC usb, you should be in RCM and use Tegra RCM smash to get you booted up. Once booted, you can disconnect, double press reset and reconnect as per OP.

The tiny tiny bit of smoke came directly, or very closely from the cap. I'm pretty sure I haven't touched the IC - I wasn't that clumsy. So far the Switch charges and de-charges properly. If the IC does fail, have I fried my switch for good? I'm just not doing a full NAND raw backup to put it back into a new switch should this rne really leave me.

The M92T36 isn't that robust. Any magic smoke would have come from a surrounding component (used for bias / smoothing) in my opinion.

If it was from the M92T36, it would have been dead by now. I'm confident of that. Though I have seen them fail later.

See how it goes. If it starts freezing or crashing but still charging etc, then you would have popped one of those caps possibly. Replace them if you are having problems.

evilsperm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rebug.me
XP
Country
United States

Mattytrog said it best, just boot the console the way you have been booting it before to get to the OS. Than you can plug it in and it will show the bootloader instantly because it hasnt been flashed with a payload yet.
Remember we dont sell these as modchips so the only thing they are flashed with is the low level bootloder (sam-ba)

Only way he got it back up was a new IC.
Also you can not take your rw nand fomr this console and flash it on another...
That will insta brick the new console.

kuze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have your switch turned off, connect your console to PC usb, you should be in RCM and use Tegra RCM smash to get you booted up. Once booted, you can disconnect, double press reset and reconnect as per OP.

Mattytrog said it best, just boot the console the way you have been booting it before to get to the OS. Than you can plug it in and it will show the bootloader instantly because it hasnt been flashed with a payload yet.
Remember we dont sell these as modchips so the only thing they are flashed with is the low level bootloder (sam-ba)

This doesn't work with software AutoRCM, at least in my case with the brand new SwitchMe. The console may have booted into RCM, but my PC could not detect RCM nor the SwitchMe - from the errors I was getting in Windows, the SwitchMe seemed to be in conflict with the Switch RCM so neither worked properly.

What I ended up doing to get around this was to desolder the D+ and D- wires connected to the SwitchMe, then I was able to boot into RCM, flash a payload and make it to the home screen.

Once at the home screen, I re-connected D+ and D- then I was able to flash the SwitchMe successfully.

Might be worth adding to the notes in the OP, or someone else can perhaps confirm whether they have had the same problem.

Anyhow now that it's sorted out, I'm very happy with the product!

I used the new eMMC 3v point by the way. The entire eMMC module was glued down to the board, so it wasn't the easiest to remove, but still probably better than using the capacitor 3v source.

na0339

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My SwitchMe has stopped automatically injecting the payload in RCM. I'm able to inject manually by pressing the board's button, but what can I do to get back to automatic injection?

Edit: apparently this is a limitation of the old 4-wire "always on" method. Use the new 4-wire "on at power-up" method to avoid this headache.

Last edited by na0339,

darkovo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed the Switchme today, just trying to get it detected by the laptop but a drive doesn't come up.
The switchme's Data LED is just flashing, what does that mean?

I did the latest 4-wire install and 3.3V to NAND point, Switch turns on fine etc.

(already posted in the 'Team Rebug SwitchMe UP - Modchip installed and working' thread but hoping this may get more views/replies).
Thanks

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This doesn't work with software AutoRCM, at least in my case with the brand new SwitchMe. The console may have booted into RCM, but my PC could not detect RCM nor the SwitchMe - from the errors I was getting in Windows, the SwitchMe seemed to be in conflict with the Switch RCM so neither worked properly.

What I ended up doing to get around this was to desolder the D+ and D- wires connected to the SwitchMe, then I was able to boot into RCM, flash a payload and make it to the home screen.

Once at the home screen, I re-connected D+ and D- then I was able to flash the SwitchMe successfully.

Might be worth adding to the notes in the OP, or someone else can perhaps confirm whether they have had the same problem.

Anyhow now that it's sorted out, I'm very happy with the product!

I used the new eMMC 3v point by the way. The entire eMMC module was glued down to the board, so it wasn't the easiest to remove, but still probably better than using the capacitor 3v source.
I installed the Switchme today, just trying to get it detected by the laptop but a drive doesn't come up.
The switchme's Data LED is just flashing, what does that mean?

I did the latest 4-wire install and 3.3V to NAND point, Switch turns on fine etc.

(already posted in the 'Team Rebug SwitchMe UP - Modchip installed and working' thread but hoping this may get more views/replies).
Thanks

OK...
Boot up into normal switch os
Disconnect everything from USB
double-press reset on Switchme
plug into USB. REBUGBOOT should pop right up.
Drag and drop your chosen UF2 to this drive
Turn off switch
Get into RCM
Payload should send automatically.
Set up autoRCM.

Done.

Reactions: darkovo

darkovo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK...
Boot up into normal switch os
Disconnect everything from USB
double-press reset on Switchme
plug into USB. REBUGBOOT should pop right up.
Drag and drop your chosen UF2 to this drive
Turn off switch
Get into RCM
Payload should send automatically.
Set up autoRCM.

Done.

Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately still nothing on the PC, no USB drive detected. I've tried all different techniques to try and get it detected.
I assume the Ground and Live must be solderered correctly, maybe D- or D+ arent, before I try resoldering these 2 I was hoping someone may know if the Switchme Data LED always flashes, its constantly flashing on mine as soon as it gets power, is this normal?

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately still nothing on the PC, no USB drive detected. I've tried all different techniques to try and get it detected.
I assume the Ground and Live must be solderered correctly, maybe D- or D+ arent, before I try resoldering these 2 I was hoping someone may know if the Switchme Data LED always flashes, its constantly flashing on mine as soon as it gets power, is this normal?

Yes normal. Double-check your wiring. Use a KNOWN GOOD DATA usb cable. Lots of folk have been using those shyte "charge only" ones.

darkovo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes normal. Double-check your wiring. Use a KNOWN GOOD DATA usb cable. Lots of folk have been using those shyte "charge only" ones.

OK will do, I got a brand new Anker, Windows 10 did detect a Nintendo Switch when I 1st connected it (just not the Switchme). It's the first mod on the Switch and also 1st time connecting to this laptop.
So the Data LED always flashes to show its Live?

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK will do, I got a brand new Anker, Windows 10 did detect a Nintendo Switch when I 1st connected it (just not the Switchme). It's the first mod on the Switch and also 1st time connecting to this laptop.
So the Data LED always flashes to show its Live?
Unsure. If its detecting the switch, then thats all good. You need to disconnect it then and press-press reset. Then reconnect. You may have to adjust your timing of the presses.

You will know when you hit it right, the REBUGBOOT will pop straight up as a flash-drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1