1. Zetta_D

Zetta_D Member
    Newcomer

France
    I wonder if it is possible to run a CTRPF on citra ?
    (I don't think so, but it would be fun) xD
    Anyway, good job. :yay:

Last edited by Zetta_D, Apr 1, 2020
    FriendlyHacker likes this.
  2. Hadad

Hadad Newbie
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Hey there.. thank you for the guide.. but i still have a little problem at the last part.
    Im using python 3.8 and already added to the path.
    Im also using decrypted Rom.
    Can u help me?

Attached Files:

3. Raytheon_Thunder

Newcomer

Bangladesh
    It's not working for me. I tried to apply a mod for SMT Strange Journey Redux. It was alright from step 1-9.

But after the last step It says error processing RSF.

Last edited by Raytheon_Thunder, Apr 8, 2020
  4. LordLard

LordLard Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    I tried doing this for the Gay Awakening hack, and it worked! There is a certain problem though. According the UnassumingVenusaur, you need to do some save file editing for sibling support convos, but the tutorial provided is only for physical 3dses

5. LordLard
    This message by LordLard has been removed from public view by Flame, Apr 24, 2020.
    Apr 24, 2020 Show
  6. Hotaru_Sakura

Hotaru_Sakura Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I'm trying to use luma plugins on animal crossing new leaf welcome amiibo. Sadly I don't have a working 3ds as mine needs to be fixed. Specifically, I want to use the new "fish can't be scared" and "fish bite right away" "codes". I'm not sure what to do. The files I got from downloading the NTR cheats folder on git hub have a .3gx file. What do I do with it? is it just not possible to use these cheats?

7. Yanna

Yanna Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I get the same error, but for Fire Emblem Fates. Did you find a soultion, and if so how did you solve it? Thank you.

EDIT: Nvm haha I fixed mine. I don't think my file was correctly decrypted, because I redecrypted my game and it worked just fine.

Last edited by Yanna, Jun 3, 2020
  8. FriendlyHacker

OP FriendlyHacker Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hi! :)
    I'm SO sorry for replying late! I didn't get reply notifications for a while, not sure why.
    If you're still interested in finding a way to have the children and have them as siblings...
    OLD METHOD
    You can use the method described here. Use the "All Paralogues Unlocked" patch plus this method to change the children's data so the game would recognize them as siblings.

FEFTwiddler, if you don't already have it.

These are the numbers you want to change:
    Children's raw blocks.JPG
    EDIT: Apparently you don't need any of that! A kind soul made a patch that does all this for you!

Hi! ^_^
    Sorry for the super late reply!
    You have to use Python 2.7 otherwise it won't work! Python 2.x and 3.x are entirely separate releases and are not compatible with each other. The rsfgen script is not compatible with Python 3.x

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I'm sorry for the late reply, and I'm sorry you have this problem!
    As @Yanna said, it's likely a bad decryption problem!

Attached Files:

Last edited by FriendlyHacker, Jun 4, 2020
  9. FriendlyHacker

Newcomer

Italy
    Hi there!
    I'm sorry for replying late! If you're still looking for a way to have sibling supports in FEA, it's a lot more difficult than with Fates. A step by step tutorial is inside the spoiler tag.

Before you start doing anything, you should know that you can only change the parent ID's after you've recruited both children.
    Once you have both kids, you need FEAST and a program like HxD for hex editing.
    Find the folder with the save files you want to edit. In my case, they're here

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Citra\sdmc\Nintendo 3DS\00000000000000000000000000000000\00000000000000000000000000000000\title\00040000\0009f100\data\00000001

Make a copy of your save folder somewhere (as a backup just in case), then copy the folder on your desktop so it's easier to find with FEAST. Then run FEAST, press "Open Compressed Folder", select your 00000001 folder which you've copied on the desktop. After this, press "Save Decompressed Folder" and you'll get a folder named 00000001_dec which contains the decompressed files.
    With HxD, open the Chapter file corresponding to the save slot you want to edit (Chapter0 = First save slot, Chapter1 = Second save slot, Chapter2 = Third save slot).
    Next, find one of the children by searching for their ID (07 XX).

Character IDs (the XX numbers):
    00 Male My Unit/Male Avatar
    01 Female My Unit/Female Avatar
    02 Guest My Unit/Guest Avatar
    03 Chrom
    04 Liz/Lissa
    05 Frederick
    06 Viole/Virion
    07 Soiree/Sully
    08 Vaike
    09 Sol/Stahl
    0A Miriel
    0B Callum/Kellam
    0C Sumia
    0D Ronku/Lon'qu
    0E Richt/Ricken
    0F Mariabelle/Maribelle
    10 Velvet/Panne
    11 Gaia/Gaius
    12 Tiamo/Cordelia
    13 Grego/Gregor
    14 Nono/Nowi
    15 Libera/Libra
    16 Sariya/Tharja
    17 Olivia
    18 Serge/Cherche
    19 Henry
    1A Lucina
    1B Sairi/Say'ri
    1C Basilio
    1D Flavia
    1E Donny/Donnel
    1F Anna
    20 Wood/Owain
    21 Azure/Inigo
    22 Brady
    23 Djelle/Kjelle
    24 Cynthia
    25 Serena/Severa
    26 Jerome/Gerome
    27 Male Mark/Morgan
    28 Female Marc/Morgan
    29 Chambray/Yarne
    2A Loran/Laurent
    2B Noire
    2C Nn/Nah
    2D Tiki
    2E Gangrel
    2F Valhart/Walhart
    30 Emelina/Emmeryn
    31 Lenha/Yen'fay
    32 Inverse/Aversa
    33 Paris/Priam
    34 Marth_FE1
    35 Dummy
    36 Unpromoted_Monster
    37 Promoted_Monster
    38 Merchant

At this point you need to switch the "mother" ID with the "father" ID in one of the children's blocks, so that both children have the same "father" and "mother".
    Here's an example of Morgan (F) and Lucina as Chrom and Robin (M)'s daughters (plus Inigo as a reference).

example.JPG

As you can see, there is always the same amount of numbers between the "father number", "mother number" and the next "character number" (it's 16 couples of numbers in both cases), so you can easily tell where the "father number" and "mother number" are for each child.
    In this example, switching Chrom and Robin in either Morgan's or Lucina's block will make it so the girls are recognized by the game as sisters.
    When you find the values you need to change, switch them (they'll turn red), and then press the save icon.
    save.JPG

A bak (which stands for "backup", I guess) file of the same file you changed will be in the folder, you can delete it.
    After you're done, go back to FEAST, press "Open Decompressed Folder", select the folder named 00000001_dec, then press "Save Compressed Folder". You'll get a folder named 00000001_cmp.
    Copy the Chapter file you modded from this folder into the original one (C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Citra\sdmc\Nintendo 3DS\00000000000000000000000000000000\00000000000000000000000000000000\title\00040000\0009f100\data\00000001) and overwrite it.
    That's all! The game should recognize your children as siblings now! ^_^

Last edited by FriendlyHacker, Jun 3, 2020
  10. Noka

Noka Newbie
    Newcomer

India
    hello there, i was wondering if there is a quick way to see if the support conversations are properly installed because i tried to use this last time and all the modified conversations didn't work. Sorry if this was already asked.

Oops sorry asked twice

Last edited by Noka, Jun 5, 2020
  11. Noka

Noka Newbie
    Newcomer

India
    Hey there, sorry if someone already asked this but I followed this instruction properly but the modified conversations don't occur. It shows that the conversations can occur but it just skips it. It doesn't even show up when I check it in the Records Hall. Help T.T

12. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It really shouldn't be this complicated. If Yuzu can have mod support then I don't get why Citra doesn't

13. FriendlyHacker

Newcomer

Italy
    Hi there! ^_^
    I'm not sure which game (Awakening or Fates) you mean, but unfortunately not all support options have support conversations, since the patch is still incomplete. Support options with no support conversation will level up, but the conversation will be skipped since the scene isn't coded in. There should still be many support options with support conversations, though. If none of the conversations works, then maybe the patch version you used is old.
    Regarding the status of the patches, Unassuming Venusaur - the original creator of both hacks - has stopped working on them, letting someone else take the lead. The person who took up the project hasn't posted any news about it since november 2019, though. (If anyone has news, please share them!)
    Anyway, I hope that answers your question. I'm sorry about that, I know it must be disappointing.

Hello! :)
    As far as I know there isn't a way to apply mods using Citra alone. I guess the creators have their hands full trying to make more games work and improving the quality of the emulation, so mod support must be low on their list of priorities. Though they did add online and DLC support, and that's neat.
    (I ramble at length inside the spoiler tag. Ignore me.)
    Actually there are easier methods to do this, but I haven't tried them myself, so I can't include them (I personally believe it would be unfair and irresponsible, though you may disagree with me). I'd be happy if someone else wrote their own guide for doing this, I don't want to steal their instructions! If I remember correctly, Fishmalk suggested using .Net 3ds Toolkit, and it's supposed to be a piece of cake, but they never posted a guide or tutorial here, that's why some people end up using my needlessly complicated method instead (even when I suggest they follow Fishmalk's advice instead of mine). Maybe I should update this guide after all? Check that program and add that alternative method, credit Fishmalk and the person who created the toolkit...? I don't know!

Last edited by FriendlyHacker, Jun 5, 2020
  14. Noka

Noka Newbie
    Newcomer

India
    oh ok. thanks for the quick reply! :)

15. FriendlyHacker

Newcomer

Italy
    You're welcome! ^_^

16. SilasLovebot

SilasLovebot Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi, I had an error when rebuilding because I had the wrong Python installed. I've since uninstalled it and replaced it with the correct version, but I accidentally closed the batch file that you use to rebuild it. I'm unsure of how to rebuild the file now.

17. FriendlyHacker

Newcomer

Italy
    Hey there! :)
    I know your pain! When I was testing this method at the very beginning, I also made that mistake once or twice! You should still have your modded romfs file, right? Keep that one and the .3ds file inside the extracted folder, and delete the rest. Extract the .3ds file again, replace the romfs and rebuild. The batch isn't very flexible in its instructions as far as I could tell, it wants to do its own thing, so when something disrupts the process, you have to start all over again. I'm sorry about that!

18. SilasLovebot

SilasLovebot Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the quick reply! When I try to do this it tells me it already exists and I need to check my files, and does not proceed with the extraction. I'm not sure if there is another problem or if I just misunderstood your instructions.

EDIT: I fixed that mistake, I simply removed the old file folder. However, I started rebuilding again this time with a different error: It says it had an error processing the RSF file. Not sure what that means, the RSF file is there.

EDIT 2: I saw earlier in this thread it might be a bad decryption. I'm going to try and fix that and see how it goes.

Last edited by SilasLovebot, Jun 6, 2020
  19. FriendlyHacker

Newcomer

Italy
    Oh, I'm sorry! I worded that rather ambiguously. You're right, I meant you have to delete the extracted folder while only keeping the .3ds and romfs files. And you're also right about the error you got, it is a bad decryption problem. You should try decrypting your game again.
    Good luck! And if you need help with anything, let me know! ^_^

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Installing, emulator, hacks