Installing mods/hacks for Citra 3DS emulator

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by FriendlyHacker, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Casual-One

Casual-One Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2019
    Australia
    Apparently it WAS a mistake involving the changes, and not this method. (I knew I forgot to compress some files!)
    On that note, thanks FriendlyHacker!

2. FriendlyHacker
    OP

FriendlyHacker Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2018
    Italy
    You're welcome! :)
    I'm glad it worked for you! And I'm sorry I wasn't much help.

3. DuyTran

DuyTran Newbie

Newcomer
    Friday
    Vietnam
    Hi can u help me out with this ?? Idk what's wrong T.T I already have installed the pythong 2.7. It keeps saying "IndexError: list index out of range The system cannot find the file specified"

4. FriendlyHacker
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2018
    Italy
    "The system cannot find the file specified" is always there, you can ignore it. As for "IndexError: list index out of range" it is a Python problem. You need to check everything related to python. In particular, can you tell me whether you've ever installed a different version of python (such as any python 3.x)?

5. DuyTran

DuyTran Newbie

Newcomer
    Friday
    Vietnam
    No unfortunately I've checked my pc and there's only python 2.7 installed :'(

6. FriendlyHacker
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2018
    Italy
    Hi! Sorry for the late reply!
    Please check again everything that's related to Python, because that error only comes up - in our case - when there's a Python compatibility issue. I once installed Python 3.5 because I needed it, and the .py script didn't work after that, even after I had uninstalled Python 3.5. As far as I know, issues regarding the .3ds file, the unpacking/repacking processes, the hacks made etc. never cause this error. It's an inside error of Python, it's only related to how Python reads the .py script. Basically, Python is telling you the script isn't written correctly, but we know it actually is written properly for Python 2.7, but it isn't compatible with other versions, which can only mean you made some mistake during the installation. Are you sure you never installed any other Python version before?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted