1. Xilthz

Xilthz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah, I have no choice to try other methods.
    But, I have 2 version of citra. Latest and... 890 iirc.
    Somehow 890 thinks that the rebuilt .3ds is encrypted. But doesn't crash like the latest citra. Latest citra just stopped responding. Older citra just thinks it's still encrypted. For some reason...

Now I don't have 3ds console itself, and trying to decrypt that won't be easy w/ offline decryptor. Cuz the log of the decryptor says,
    NCSD Warning! Failed to sign header
    Not sure what's that suppose to mean, rn I'm trying to not mod the 3ds out. So just extract, then repack it.

Update:
    Okay, extract and repack it doesn't seem to work. So I guess this method doesn't work for me. Was hoping the music was causing this but... no. Welp... Guess gonna try other method if there's no solution what so ever, guess I'll pass.
    I was gonna ask for help to do it for me, but then again, don't think peeps gonna do it just for 7 music files to be changed in the game
    and I was hoping someone will help me, but peeps tend to ask for money for the service so, I'm gonna try to find other method
    >.>

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  2. FriendlyHacker

OP FriendlyHacker Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hmm, maybe it's a problem of bad decryption in the first place? Can you get a different .3ds file to mod?

3. Xilthz

Xilthz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Idk how and why, different 3ds gives different .rsf file but its still in the same game.
    I'll let you check it. Because this one gives me a .rsf error and Idk how to fix it.

Update: Okay... just realize that this .3ds doesn't have banner.bin extracted. But I did test if it is running at citra too and it does.
    For .rsf still not sure, the error changed into .rsf to banner.bin so I have to test it rn. But since I have other .3ds in the same game, I have to extract that one for the banner.bin

Nvm, doesn't work either. Citra just gave massive unmapped errors. Another dead end I guess

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  4. FriendlyHacker

Newcomer

Italy
    Now I'm sure it's because of the decryption. This other rsf is worse compared to the first one, too. If you can, try yet another .3ds file.

5. Xilthz

Xilthz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I got the other 3ds version, this one doesn't have .rsf errors or anything. But Citra still crashed even w/o file modifying. Is there a step I missed?
    1. Renamed .3ds as name_modified.3ds
    2. Wait for extraction of .3ds
    3. 6, 8 and s when it asks for number and want to start
    4. Checked the .rsf file
    5. Wait for rebuild process w/ original exheader.
    6. .3ds finished and got trimmed 4gig to 3.6gig. That's... normal ?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  6. FriendlyHacker

Newcomer

Italy
    It seem you're doing everything right. The size being reduced happens every time, but the games run just fine for me.
    Which version of Citra are you using? In my case, I use the last Nightly build.

7. Xilthz

Xilthz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Same. 1319. Game runs fine before repacking but citra crashes after repack

8. ABZB

ABZB Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Is there a recommended guide on how to install python 2 alongside python 3, in a way that this will work without screwing up my Python-3 projects?

9. FriendlyHacker

Newcomer

Italy
    Hi! Sorry for the late reply!

https://stackoverflow.com/questions...ython-2-x-and-python-3-x-in-windows-7/3809404
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions...n-the-same-windows-computer/13297878#13297878

Depending on what you need to do with both Python 2.x and 3.x, you should choose the solution that suits you best. So either use the Python Launcher for Windows, or rename the 3.x .exe (or both) and add both Python directories in order to PATH.

10. Splannin

Splannin Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Okay so I currently cannot provide screenshots at the moment since I'm not at my computer right now.

But I had an error last night saying I had missing tools when I directly dragged the 3DS file onto Make 2.07 (3DS to cia) file. And whenever I opened the 3DS to cia file and dragged the 3DS file in the window it would close. I was able to do it one time but I got an error even though I have Python 2.7 on the path and the 3DS file is decrypted. Help?

(For reference my laptop version is on Windows 10.)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  11. FriendlyHacker

Newcomer

Italy
    Hi there! :)
    "Missing tools" means that one or more .exe in the "tools" directory inside the 3ds to cia folder are missing. It's usually the antivirus/Windows Firewall grabbing some .exe because it thinks it's suspicious. Also, if some important executable like say makerom.exe or exinjector.exe got snatched by your antivirus, then that's most likely what caused the error when you tried to use the batch. If that's what happened, you should restore the file(s) and make the antivirus ignore the directory.
    Hope this helps!

12. Splannin

Splannin Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Okay thank you!

So I've finally been able to put the 3DS file in 3DS to cia but I keep getting an error?? I have Python 2.7 on the Path e.v and the 3DS file is decrypted. Should I do the process over again?

Edit: So I did everything all over again and while I was reading the fourm I noticed you said to press 4 if its off. I noticed that my 4 says "no", so do I turn that on first and after the process is done do I press 6?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  13. FriendlyHacker

Newcomer

Italy
    Hi!
    No, don't press 4, press 8 instead and check the file that comes up. If it's full of ##### symbols and has no info it means the .rsf hasn't been created properly, meaning it's probably Python's fault. If you have doubts about it you can share the .rsf file, too.

14. Splannin

Splannin Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I pressed 8 and I saw some #### symbols in part of the file and when I said yes when 3DS to cia that it was ready it had an error so I assume that means that it wasn't created properly. What do I do now?

15. FriendlyHacker

Newcomer

Italy
    Looks like the issue is caused by Python. Python is supposed to run the .py script that creates the .rsf, and the batch finds Python thanks to the PATH environmental variables. You need to make sure that:
    - Python is installed, preferably in the same partition where your os is installed, like C: (somebody mentioned that when they tried installing Python in D: or some other disk partition, the system couldn't find Python for some reason and the script didn't work);
    - .py files are associated with Python.exe;
    - Python has been added to the PATH environmental variables.
    If you ever installed Python 3.x, now or even in the past, this may also cause problems because the rsfgen.py script is not compatible with Python 3.

16. Splannin

Splannin Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you so much! Its finally working now. Also I assume I use the same process for the DLC correct? Or do I just download the DLC and it'll have the mod?

17. FriendlyHacker

Newcomer

Italy
    Hi! I'm glad it works for you! :)
    Also, whatever mod you applied to the game should work for DLCs as well. As in, simply install the DLC and you'll have both the hack and the DLCs.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  18. Casual-One

Casual-One Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    I get up to the step where you recompile the full modded file in 3ds to cia, and I keep getting error messages.
    *Cap -> ture -> HELPMEPLEASE

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  19. FriendlyHacker

Newcomer

Italy
    Hi there!
    I see you get a "[CCI ERROR] Not enough memory" makerom.exe related error, which apparently means you either don't have enough memory on your hard disk or not enough ram. Did you do other things on your pc while rebuilding (like browsing the internet and so on)?

20. Casual-One

Casual-One Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Nope, I was just waiting. and it can't be not enough space since I was using a large Hard drive that was barely a third full.
    If it helps I tried again today without implementing changes and it worked fine, so it may be a hiccup with the changes themselves, is that common?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Installing, emulator, hacks