Hacking Installing Legal NSP for Title-Redirection on Emu-MMC (11.0.1) with resized user-parition (Help)

atypicalchaos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any help is appreciated. I currently have a Switch on Stock FW 12.0.0 with a file-based emu-mmc with resized user partition (250mb) on 11.0.1 running AMS 19.0.1. After updating stock to 12.0.0, gamecards no longer launch (causes switch to crash due to fuse mismatch). I still have access to homebrew in applet-mode but I'm locked out of full-ram access so I can no longer run N64, PSP, openMW etc. I originally tried carrying a title over from stock ( I have over 90 legit titles) but in resizing the user-partition the data became corrupted and the title would not boot. I got around this by using gamecards which obviously won't work anymore. My original intention was to make a backup of my 12.0.0 stock mmc, resize it and continue to use the gamecard workaround but I have no assurance that 12.0.0 won't require an update to launch the couple of titles that worked (I have 10-12 cartridges and only 2 of these worked on 11.0.1) and even then I may be in the same boat next major update. Someone suggested that I dump a game from my stock MMC and install it on my emuMMC but I don't want to touch my stock MMC with homebrew so I've arrived at the following solution but I'm not sure of the logistics as I have never installed an NSP on my Switch before. I know that there are NSPs that you can install for the homebrew launcher, retroarch, AM2R etc and I would like to use one of these (I would preferably like to install a legal NSP that does not use copyrighted materials like the SDK to produce). I tried installing https://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-menu-loader-legal-nsp.518433/ using Goldleaf and Lithium.

Goldleaf elicits an error stating invalid NDA - I have installed latest sigpatches (tried these : https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-secondary-only.571543/ and also found some on github via google) so I'm not sure why I get this error.
Lithium says that the nsp is a garbage file, again not sure.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Last edited by atypicalchaos,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any help is appreciated. I currently have a Switch on Stock FW 12.0.0 with a file-based emu-mmc with resized user partition (250mb) on 11.0.1 running AMS 19.0.1. After updating stock to 12.0.0, gamecards no longer launch (causes switch to crash due to fuse mismatch). I still have access to homebrew in applet-mode but I'm locked out of full-ram access so I can no longer run N64, PSP, openMW etc. I originally tried carrying a title over from stock ( I have over 90 legit titles) but in resizing the user-partition the data became corrupted and the title would not boot. I got around this by using gamecards which obviously won't work anymore. My original intention was to make a backup of my 12.0.0 stock mmc, resize it and continue to use the gamecard workaround but I have no assurance that 12.0.0 won't require an update to launch the couple of titles that worked (I have 10-12 cartridges and only 2 of these worked on 11.0.1) and even then I may be in the same boat next major update. Someone suggested that I dump a game from my stock MMC and install it on my emuMMC but I don't want to touch my stock MMC with homebrew so I've arrived at the following solution but I'm not sure of the logistics as I have never installed an NSP on my Switch before. I know that there are NSPs that you can install for the homebrew launcher, retroarch, AM2R etc and I would like to use one of these (I would preferably like to install a legal NSP that does not use copyrighted materials like the SDK to produce). I tried installing https://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-menu-loader-legal-nsp.518433/ using Goldleaf and Lithium.

Goldleaf elicits an error stating invalid NDA - I have installed latest sigpatches (tried these : https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-secondary-only.571543/ and also found some on github via google) so I'm not sure why I get this error.
Lithium says that the nsp is a garbage file, again not sure.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Your game cards no longer work in emuMMC because FW 12.0 included a game card slot update. When you updated your sysMMC you updated the game card slot firmware. It now can't run in your 11.0.1 emuMMC. Why don't you just update your emuMMC to 12.0 and then you can use your game card slot again?

atypicalchaos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The answer to your question is in my original post. This was my original plan, but there is no assurance that I won't get a required update nag on the new fw and there is the prospect that I will have to make a new emummc for every major fw update and each time risk the cartridge requiring an update to launch on whatever fw it is assuming I dont run into that issue this time. If I could simply install a title on my existing setup, that would save me the hassle of having to update my emuMMC everytime there is a major update.

If push comes to shove I'll eventually take the path of least resistance and update to 12 on emuMMC but does anyone have any pointers for the issue of not being able to install the hbl nsp from my original post?

Goldleaf says invalid NDA which indicates an issue with sigpatches though these seem straight forward enough to install and Ive tried 2 different versions..one I found on github (not sure if I can post this or not Ive seen people on reddit treat them as though they have copyrighted data(?)) and the other above- mentioned which is pinned on this forum (which seemingly contradicts my previous parenthetical)

Lithium says its a garbage file and I should inquire further with those that created it (I guess I could post on the goldleaf thread)

Im using the all fw version of the nsp and I havent tried the 5.X version.

Ill take another crack at it tonight I guess :P

Update (later that night)

Success! I was using the sigpatches for atmo 0.19.0 and updated these to 0.19.1 and was able to install the hbmenu nsp with goldleaf. I now have access to homebrew with full ram without dumping anything from my sysnand which should now survive any fw update.

Last edited by atypicalchaos,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o