Inject Pokemon ORAS Save into original cartdrige GATEWAY

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by didix16, Jan 28, 2015.

1. didix16
    OP

didix16 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2015
    Hi everyone! Well I tried to search A LOT in Google about this but I didn't found anything, so I'm asking here , right now: It is possible to inject a savefile into real POKEMON ORAS cartdrige with gateway? I've my save in PC but my brother deleted the save in the cartdrige and now I want to recover it without playing the CIA version of my ROM...

Please if anyone knows how to do it I will apreciate it!! Thanks a lot :lol:

2. aos10

aos10 look at me,shitposting about GW,i am so cool

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    no , it will corrupt your save

3. Ray305

Ray305 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2012
    United States
    I think it can be done through the Gateway menu. It's one of the options that let you manipulate .sav files.

4. didix16
    OP

didix16 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2015
    I tried with gateway and only works with save type 1 not nand save. Thanks for your help guys .
    But I think there's one way to make possible inject the save to cartdrige, that's what PowerSave do...
    EDIT: Now I have a problem with the save with the dumped ROM with gateway.m After close the game, when I wanna play again it says that the save its corrupted and then I have to import again the save..
    Any suggestions?

5. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    Both GW/MT mode and classic mode are 2.2 encrypted platform. So they just recognize 2.2 encrypted saves.
    Pokemon retail cart saves are 6.0 encrypted. So it's unable to do what TC wants to do, unless using Powersave instead.

6. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2007
    If he is using 6.x+ the save encryption should be correct, the problem is using some tools in classic mode that wouldn't allow to do the trick

7. MelonGx

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    No matter what version emuNAND is, emuNAND classic is always 2.2 encrypted.

8. kamesenin888

Oct 20, 2007
    The save encryption is defined by sysnand if he is post 6.x in sysnand the save encryption is correct and the games use the correct encryption in classic mode

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Is the save backup from a ROM/CIA (or from a cartridge that has been played in classic mode on a < 6.x sysNAND 3DS)? If that's the case, it's possible to do with SaveDataFiler.
    However, the save won't be recognized on a >= 6.x sysNAND 3DS unless you play it as a ROM. But as long as you have a lower firmware 3DS and you play it from classic mode it's possible.

10. didix16
    OP

didix16 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2015
    Well I have had sysnad at 9.2 but I downgraded it to 4.5. Actually I'm using emuNAND at 9.4. So MelonGx says that emuNAND uses 2.2 encryption.. That means is impossible to play with the save of real cartdrige anyway? I think then PowerSave uses the 6.x> encryption right?.

So we must wait till gateway supports 6.x+ encryption I think. Well I got success in traspassing the real save to dumped ROM and now I'm able to continue playing as normal.
    But now I have an other problem. I'm trying to recover the save of the cartdrige pokemon Y but I dumped it and SaveDataFilter it says --broken-- in red and i can't export my save file. Any ideas?

Thanks guys for your help :)

11. MelonGx

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    The fact is that everyone using PMXY/MH4G retail cart on emuNAND 9.4 Classic gets a "savedata corrupt" report.
    Though it's safe on SysNAND 9.0-9.4.

12. MelonGx

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    SaveDataFiler -broken- means
    1) it's really broken.
    2) it's not the encryption that GW-mode/CFW supported.
    So restore it with Powersave is the only solution.

13. kamesenin888

Oct 20, 2007
    its also safe on sysnand 6.x and emunand 9.4, i have mh4g retail and i can in fact tell you that savedata corruption dont occur

14. gypsynimrod

gypsynimrod Banned

Banned
    Sep 2, 2014
    Fiji
    If someone uses a Powersaves, they can inject a Gateway save into a cart?

Margen67 likes this.
  15. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    It's not possible. I've been trying to achieve this for months without any luck.

16. didix16
    OP

didix16 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2015
    Yes it's possible. I do it with my pokemon OR. When I dumped it it's said broken but, getting the powersave decrypted and extracting the save, after using the SaveDataFilter I was able to inject my save to Dumped ROM.

17. MelonGx

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    If PMXYRS/MH4G retail cart is already "RAPED" by Classic mode, then it's safe, because Classic mode has already formatted your retail cart save into 2.2 encryption.

18. kamesenin888

Oct 20, 2007
    Y
    False, it was used in a 9.2 jap console, then used on a 6.x sysnand with 9.4 classic emunand and no corruption, save decryption keys are used by the sysnand, if they have the correct decryption in this case 6.x the the emunand classic will use the ones that the sysnand ate using, the reason it corrupts the saves it's that 4.5 doesn't have the new decryption keys

19. MelonGx

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    It should have ever been used in a 9.2 JAP console's Classic mode.

20. kamesenin888

Oct 20, 2007
    No classic mode I needed to upgrade that console using the update because that jap 3ds was only used for mh4g, and I tested it with my us 3ds xl, with 6.1 I updated from 4.5 to 6.1 using pokemon X and it worked like a charm, I wish I could export my game cartridge save to use with the gateway but it worked flawless