Hacking Incoming Wii U update 5.5.2

RedRose30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm on 5.5.1 and I managed to download my DS game. I did not spoof my console (I purchased the game through the eshop using that app, pressed download first on brain age, changed my settings to auto obtain, quickly turned off my console (by that I mean unplugged), turned it back on and downloaded the game, turned my internet off, then changed my settings back to don't auto obtain. Convoluted, but it worked lol).

Would someone mind linking me to what I'm supposed to do next to permanently install Homebrew please?

Last edited by RedRose30,
Reactions: KhenemetHeru

bubulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well that is weird...you are the first person having the 5.5.2 update with these DNS!! How many users have you on the wiiU?

balteck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Configuration is the same for both (anyway I think is system wide, not user specific)
I always saw a red cross on download icon and an error while accessing eshop.

Maybe Nintendo changed update servers address?

Inviato dal mio HTC One M9 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited by balteck,

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Strange.... I cannot update my rednand.... It always give me error code 162-4023 while installing (no brick tho).

What ninti error lookup says: "If you are receiving this error code, please contact us at 1-800-255-3700. Specially trained representatives will be available to assist you, 6:00am - 7:00pm (PST), seven days a week."

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
Strange.... I cannot update my rednand.... It always give me error code 162-4023 while installing (no brick tho).

What ninti error lookup says: "If you are receiving this error code, please contact us at 1-800-255-3700. Specially trained representatives will be available to assist you, 6:00am - 7:00pm (PST), seven days a week."
probably it can't be updated because something is missing

D

Deleted User

So if i block my dns can i continue using my wii u normally, play online and use loadiine without being fearing that my console will update itself?

KhenemetHeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always had this both, but my console is updated to 5.5.2E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How it was possible?
Sounds to me like maybe there was an update server address that was accidentally missed by the dns setup... only thinking that because you're on EUR fw, but I would think that would have been caught long before this.

C0mm4nd_

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy

Just a question, did you enabled seeprom redirection?

D

Deleted User

y, but just don't use loadiine, it's outdated
really? that's it? sound too simple. as for loadiine i know it's outdated and i can use WupInstaller but i have many games that i downloaded back in the day that only works with loadiine.
thank you for the fast replay.

RedRose30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm on 5.5.1 and I managed to download my DS game. I did not spoof my console (I purchased the game through the eshop using that app, pressed download first on brain age, changed my settings to auto obtain, quickly turned off my console (by that I mean unplugged), turned it back on and downloaded the game, turned my internet off, then changed my settings back to don't auto obtain. Convoluted, but it worked lol).

Would someone mind linking me to what I'm supposed to do next to permanently install Homebrew please?
What's weird is that after I did this, the update is no longer attempting to download. I'm still on system 5.5.1 and went on homebrew 3 times since I downloaded Brain Age, but the fact that the update is no longer showing up in the download section is... well I have no idea if that's a good thing or bad thing. Either way, I can get on homebrew, which is all that matters. I can't access the eshop normally so the block is working.

Unless it needs more time to process I guess?

Could I have the link on what to do next since I have Brain Age please? :)

C0mm4nd_

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
What's weird is that after I did this, the update is no longer attempting to download. I'm still on system 5.5.1 and went on homebrew 3 times since I downloaded Brain Age, but the fact that the update is no longer showing up in the download section is... well I have no idea if that's a good thing or bad thing. Either way, I can get on homebrew, which is all that matters. I can't access the eshop normally so the block is working.

Run the CBHC installer and install CBHC (or install haxchi first then install CBHC, it doesn't really change)

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

You must run haxchi (personally don't recommand cbhc if someone else than you has access to the wiiu): https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/releases/tag/v2.5u2_v1.6

Reactions: RedRose30

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...