Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Differences? Patched exploits?
Enhanced system stability?
I'm curious to know exactly what this update did. It's especially interesting that it modified the eShop, considering you can't buy anything anymore.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sure would be nice if they enabled the Pokemon Transporter download for anyone who downloaded Pokemon Bank before the eShop shutdown. But that's wishful thinking.

Did they shut down the new browser exploit? Will a new Otherapp payload be required? Suspense!

Amtraks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How should I update if I have CFW? This is the first time for me, recently installed CFW about a week ago to an ON3DS & a NN3DS LL, did region change for the latter.

Flobbie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Differences? Patched exploits?
Enhanced system stability?
I'm curious to know exactly what this update did. It's especially interesting that it modified the eShop, considering you can't buy anything anymore.
I had a look on the homebrew discord and it turns out BannerBomb3 got patched
IMG_3243.jpeg

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reports on Twitter suggest that yes, Skaterhax was also patched. Without Bannerbomb3 and eShop access, that would seem to severely limit people's options.

(Surely they didn't patch ntrboot, though?)

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh, noooo! Sorry, I have to get really vulgar this time.

Screw you, Nintendo! After years – while the 3DS was in active support – you did not try to close the holes. Now that you pulled the plug from eShop (and legally buying games is no more), you decided to come by for a visit and :shit: shit :shit: on the carpet of the homebrew community.
woman-facepalming_1f926-200d-2640-fe0f.png
man-facepalming_1f926-200d-2642-fe0f.png
woman-facepalming_1f926-200d-2640-fe0f.png
man-facepalming_1f926-200d-2642-fe0f.png

There can't be a financial motivation. Just being an ass for the sake of being an ass.

=========
Incoming "I accidentally updated"-topics expected.

To all developers and reverse engineers: Thank you for your awesome work on making the 3DS better. Hopefully somebody still has some entrypoint in the drawer.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Reports on Twitter suggest that yes, Skaterhax was also patched. Without Bannerbomb3 and eShop access, that would seem to severely limit people's options.

(Surely they didn't patch ntrboot, though?)
skaterhax wasn't patched, just US region temporarily won't work because only US home menu was updated. that's just a matter of me updating offsets for US otherapp.bin (and the corresponding browserhax ropbin).

Bannerbomb3 was indeed patched for US/EU/JP (95% of 3ds market) however, which is a bummer. That was a solid exploit for many years.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Bannerbomb3 was indeed patched for US/EU/JP (95% of 3ds market) however, which is a bummer. That was a solid exploit for many years.
That's upsetting, rest in peace to our fallen comrade
Any chance of a new free exploit anywhere in the near future? I know kartdlphax is a thing but that needs a game and an already-modded console

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
skaterhax wasn't patched, just US region temporarily won't work because only US home menu was updated. that's just a matter of me updating offsets for US otherapp.bin (and the corresponding browserhax ropbin).

Nooo :(

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate that Nintendo still cares about the 3DS and it hasn't been left in a dumpster fire like the Wii U, but seriously why are they still trying to patch mods?

People are going to pirate with any way that they find, patching mods doesn't really do anything.
And with the eShop closed, there's no way this isn't losing them money at this point
The only thing I can think of is that they were working on this patch before the eShop died

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto